Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where did this flat rubber washer come from? (Read 47 times)
TonyNZ
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Where did this flat rubber washer come from?
05/16/20 at 15:09:43

Hi all and firstly Kia Ora from New Zealand.

Apologies, this is not the most stimulating of first questions...

I'm working my way through a RYCA conversion  - all gone reasonably well so far but I have a spare part I cant find a home for!

It's a flat rubber washer exactly 1"ID, 1.75" OD and 1mm thick. Found it lying on the floor under the front of the bike at some point. See attached picture if it helps.

Given the 1" ID does it belong inside one of the handle bar controls, has it come from elsewhere on the bike or am I just unlucky and it's arrived from the back of my workshop somehow  Grin

Cheers

Tony

IMG_1384.jpg
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: Where did this flat rubber washer come from?
Reply #1 - 05/16/20 at 15:27:06

Hey Tony, welcome.

Do you think it came from the bike or the RYCA kit? I can’t specifically remember that part, but it has been 6 years since I started my conversion. Take a look at the on-line parts list and see if something similar to that is listed. The only rubber washer I can remember is for the rear tank mount, but it does not have a 1” ID.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
TonyNZ
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/16/20 at 15:34:10

Hey Gary, if it came from somewhere it came off the bike rather than in the RYCA kit. I wondered if it came from within the throttle control to stop the twist grip rattling around inside its slot within the control...but frankly I'm making this stuff up as i go along!!!

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #3 - 05/16/20 at 15:42:30

Tony, I believe that is the rubber cushion that goes between the armature & coil on the decompression solenoid.  Probably helps to keep it from clacking and rattling.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
TonyNZ
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/16/20 at 16:01:47

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that, I think you're absolutely right. I pulled the solenoid out of my spare parts bin and looks like its a 100% fit - mystery solved. Wont be fitting the solenoid back given I'm using the little RYCA Lever so hopefully it can go to a new home somewhere else in NZ complete with its washer  Smiley

IMG_1385.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 23:07:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where did this flat rubber washer come from?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.