Send Topic Print
The good doctor... (Read 62 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
The good doctor...
04/03/20 at 18:03:22

Wow....

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/wow-watch-dr-fauci-january-not-major...

In January Dr. Anthony Fauci told Newsmax TV that the United States did not have to worry about the coronavirus

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: The good doctor...
Reply #1 - 04/03/20 at 18:24:54

He said
Its nothing more than a bad flu..
But, all thats forgivable, since he seems to be willing to contradict TRump.
While people were excoriating Trump for holding out hope, saying Hydroxywhatever works, and will be important in the fight,, NOW the same people are on board, BUT
Without ever just saying they were against it before they were for it,, And
ONCE again
Trump was right.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #2 - 04/03/20 at 20:29:08

In the interview he said that at this stage Jan 21 it's not something the citizens should be worried about, but obviously they have to take this seriously and follow the guidance of the CDC.

Well this was correct at the time, on both counts, mainly to take it seriously. After Trump did not take it seriously for another 4 weeks, then it did become something the US should indeed worry about.

And the US should worry about a leader who fobbed it off for a month. That's not taking it seriously.

One month later...

FEB 28
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
— Donald Trump

best.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/03/20 at 22:28:59

I'd say that at the time the evidence suggested that the US had nothing to worry about as the virus was not exhibiting transmission patterns that indicated an absolute high-fatality rate in the US.

If those things change should we expect the older assessment to remain, or should we change our opinions to match what the most current evidence indicates?

I would be surprised if anyone, Trump, Fauci etc. would have recommended state closures and millions of unemployed back in January, but I would also be surprised if today they recommended we all just go to work and act normal.

Bottom line is anyone can will dig up old information to lay blame on the people they don't like, or do defend the ones they do.

You want to legitimize your stance?  Make a prediction now and compare it to results later.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/04/20 at 05:18:04

You want to legitimize your stance?  Make a prediction now and compare it to results later.

Exactly. I have long contended that our previous visitors to this table, who’ve since departed, would continually lob bombs full of often ridiculous allegations and never return to the topic when the bomb turned out to be a dud. Thus, my constant request to get our old Chicago friend TT to place a wager on some of his predictions. And, I wasn’t even goading him to bet on the really outlandish ones, just the normal, run of the mill nonsense.

My theory, yet to be disproven, is these sorts developed their way of interpreting data in an environment where wrong judgements and predictions had no consequences. There’s a reason why the phrase “it’s academic “ exists. It a classroom environment, a bar stool, a camping trip with a few beers, where outlandish observations are made with very little foundational truths and zero review of how far from reality the predictions actually were.

I’ll be glad to go back and hash statements and predictions I’ve made in the past. I missed on my predictions how the Democratic nomination turned out. I figured Biden would figuratively (and perhaps literally) be dead by now. I thought Kamala Harris would have won this. Boy was I wrong. And I know why now, I understand where I went wrong with her.

Anyway, our Aussie friend post dozens of articles and makes statements that are nonsense, but hey, that’s what makes this interesting.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 04/04/20 at 15:31:58

Eegore wrote on 04/03/20 at 22:28:59:

Either this is not as bad as it is being reported or the good doctor is simply a government bureaucrat.  To be that far off in his accessment after serving as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984 is not tolerable.

Best regards,

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #6 - 04/05/20 at 16:55:00

Let's be clear, Fauci is not a PR guy. He's trying a delicate balancing act...

Fauci and Birx measure every word they say like old-time apothecaries, hoping not to humiliate the narcissist — never humiliate a narcissist — while discreetly correcting his false hopes and falsehoods. They are desperately attempting to create a safe space for our president, when the president should be creating a safer nation for all of us.

The interviewer was trying to put the words into Fauci's mouth and Fauci tried to negotiate that as best he could which was to say it should be taken 'seriously'.

What the fcuk did you expect with a clinical narcissist in the W.H.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/05/opinion/trump-coronavirus.html

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 04/06/20 at 03:44:12

eau de sauvage wrote on 04/05/20 at 16:55:00:
Let's be clear, Fauci is not a PR guy. He's trying a delicate balancing act...

Fauci and Birx measure every word they say like old-time apothecaries, hoping not to humiliate the narcissist — never humiliate a narcissist — while discreetly correcting his false hopes and falsehoods. They are desperately attempting to create a safe space for our president, when the president should be creating a safer nation for all of us.

The interviewer was trying to put the words into Fauci's mouth and Fauci tried to negotiate that as best he could which was to say it should be taken 'seriously'.

What the fcuk did you expect with a clinical narcissist in the W.H.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/05/opinion/trump-coronavirus.html

You just can't do it can you, it always has to be about Trump.  Try to stay on topic, but it has to be hard getting up every morning wanking it about a guy who lives 10,000 miles away.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 22:49:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The good doctor...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.