Send Topic Print
My germ protection (Read 55 times)
Bokobob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gastonia, NC
My germ protection
03/24/20 at 08:27:16

Well, I am old and needed groceries so although fearing the virus, I put on my full face helmet and closed the transparent face shield and went into the store...Nobody seemed surprised.  I felt safe although I may not have been.  Upon arriving home, I out my purchases away and doused my hands with sanitizer.  

Wink

Bob
84 and still riding
2009 S40 650, and Rebel 250
Gastonia, NC
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: My germ protection
Reply #1 - 03/28/20 at 11:37:23

thinking of wearing my woodshop face shield:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Face-Mask-Shield-Protection-For-Wood-Turning-Lathe...
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #2 - 03/28/20 at 12:01:48

I was thinking my paint spray respirator with new cannister filters. In Jersey a study came out yesterday that at least 10% of new cases were due to exposure while shopping.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 03/28/20 at 15:57:44

I've seen all kinds of home made masks ,imo something is better than nothing. All the open stores in town have a special time for seniors usually the first 2-3 hours after opening before they allow the general public to shop. People here are scared but very respectful of the 6' rule. Gas pumps , who knows who touched these, rubber gloves for fueling and after fueling gloves get tossed then douse with sanitizer before you put your riding gloves back on. We must be safe in everything we do the last thing you want is a injury requiring a trip to emergency room ! This means you Stewy ! Stay home be safe and good luck. Wash your hands a lot !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #4 - 03/28/20 at 16:02:20

Bokobob wrote on 03/24/20 at 08:27:16:
Well, I am old and needed groceries so although fearing the virus, I put on my full face helmet and closed the transparent face shield and went into the store...Nobody seemed surprised.  I felt safe although I may not have been.  Upon arriving home, I out my purchases away and doused my hands with sanitizer.  

Wink

That's changed, 8 years ago in the Carolinas I went into a Army navy store just off my motorcycle, so I left my helmet on.
The owner got mad, said I could have been shot, No masks or helmets !

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 04:52:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › My germ protection

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.