Send Topic Print
Intro for bobber build (Read 99 times)
Buttsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Intro for bobber build
02/27/20 at 00:14:07

Hi All. Im not new to the site but my bike is away having some work so will get posting when it gets back. Im from caerphilly in S Wales UK and looking at the VM round slide carb but they have a part number, for example VM36 - 4 and wondering which is the correct one?                         Many thanks. Martin.

IP Logged
RocketScienceSmurf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sweden
Re: Intro for bobber build
Reply #1 - 02/27/20 at 00:33:11

Nice to see another european here Smiley

I have had the same thought as you about the carburetor but was recommended to go with a flat slide Mikuni instead of the VM-series. So far I  am still trying to replace my cam chain so carburetor swap will probably not happen this year. When I took some rough measurements on the two bolts securing the carburetor flange to the cylinder I got 73mm center-to-center and 40mm inner diameter so for a flat slide Mikuni carb, the KHS-004 Mikuni Flange with slotted bolt holes 70-75mm would probably be the way to go. Please note that I have not tried this myself. This is only my preliminary findings and I have not investigated further yet since my bike is in parts right now.

https://www.mikunioz.com/shop/khs-004-flange-for-43mm-carb-spigot-diameter-70...

IP Logged
Buttsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/27/20 at 00:47:48

I didnt know I had other options and mentioned the round slide as Lancer sells them here but coming from the US it will have freight and import charges, so was trying to source one a little closer to home but its not an issue if I have to import one. This info is great, so i'll get searching and see what I can find and thanks very much for taking the time to reply its much appreciated.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 02/27/20 at 06:56:05

Buttsy wrote on 02/27/20 at 00:47:48:
I didnt know I had other options and mentioned the round slide as Lancer sells them here but coming from the US it will have freight and import charges, so was trying to source one a little closer to home but its not an issue if I have to import one. This info is great, so i'll get searching and see what I can find and thanks very much for taking the time to reply its much appreciated.

Are you Martin who sent me an email ?

IP Logged
Buttsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/27/20 at 22:50:44

Hi Lancer. Yes that was me. I had a search and looked at the forum again regarding the TM carbs and it looks like the VM model carb may be the easiest way forward, so sent an email to the address via your link. The only ones I can find are from the US so it just made sense to come to you directly so that I dont get the wrong one as this is all fairly new to me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 22:18:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Intro for bobber build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.