Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help with women's gloves suggestions (Read 57 times)
SoMoJo
YaBB Newbies

Triple Blue Star Mom

Galena, Missouri, USA
Need help with women's gloves suggestions
02/23/20 at 13:39:15

I'm a female rider with fairly wide hands for a gal (they measure just over 7.5" around the hand at the knuckles), but SHORT fingers.  A couple of glove sizing charts say that for my hands (women's large), my 2nd finger should be about 3.7" long. NOPE!  It's just barely over 3" long.  I have tried several different brands of gloves and have over 1/2" of excess in all the fingers and the thumbs - not wonderful for working the controls.  If anyone can recommend a brand of gloves to try I would really appreciate it. Newbie old rider here.  Undecided

Married to one of my Heroes (USN Ret), raised my others (Army & AF)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Need help with women's gloves suggestions
Reply #1 - 02/23/20 at 14:07:10

I'd go to a store and try on leather gloves, look for different manufacturers, see whose leather gloves fit best.
I get mine at Tractor Supply,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 02/23/20 at 14:20:14

Harbor frieght had some nice black leather gloves a few years back.  You might look to see if yours still carries them.

WWW   IP Logged
SoMoJo
YaBB Newbies

Triple Blue Star Mom

Galena, Missouri, USA
Reply #3 - 02/23/20 at 15:11:34

Both of those stores are relatively nearby & work for me so that gives me more options to try.  Have summer riding gloves that fit fine, but need cool weather gloves. Thanks.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 02/23/20 at 16:26:11

If you find gloves that fit your hands to be difficult to find I would look for a leather store and ask about a custom made pair as ideal, depending on cost.
I have a similar situation as you, with wider hands but shorter fingers.  Usually if the glove fingers fit the hand portion is too tight, or if the hand portion fits the finger portion is too long.  I have to look a good bit to find pair that fits well.
It is easier for me to find one in the working glove section at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight.  Gloves from motorcycle shops don’t fit as well.  Oh, I do have a couple of pair from Under Armor and they fit very well.  I really like those.  I always buy them at one of their Clearance Stores.
Of course, you’ve got to be able to try them on to know for sure.  For me, gloves, hats and shoes are the same, I have to try them on to know they fit.  Ordering on line does not work for me; too many problems not fitting.

.... I did get a really nice pair of dear skin gloves from a vender at the state fair for $25 a couple years ago.  There were no sizes stated, you just tried them on until you found a pair that fit...and these are a perfect for for me.  😎

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #5 - 02/24/20 at 01:11:10

You might try stores that deal in snowmobiles , another thought for cold weather is snowmobile mittens ,you only need your thumps to operate the bike.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
SoMoJo
YaBB Newbies

Triple Blue Star Mom

Galena, Missouri, USA
Reply #6 - 02/25/20 at 04:52:08

Success!  Took Justin's suggestion & went to Tractor Supply first.  That got me a wonderful pair of deerskin gloves with short enough fingers.  Went to our local Honda dealership, no luck.  Went to our local HD dealership, which we frequent since hubby rides a Hog, and found an awesome pair of lined leather gloves that fit me very well.  So, now to get past the rainy/snowy/cold days we've been having.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 02/25/20 at 07:17:03

I've had some of those.
Don't need to take them off to get my card out and gas up.
Twenty bucks still?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SoMoJo
YaBB Newbies

Triple Blue Star Mom

Galena, Missouri, USA
Reply #8 - 02/25/20 at 11:01:46

Yup, deerskin, really soft & supple, $19.99 + tax.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/12/24 at 06:42:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need help with women's gloves suggestions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.