Send Topic Print
What Happened to RYCA (Read 203 times)
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
What Happened to RYCA
01/08/20 at 15:44:34

A few months ago I was looking for a part for a project and thought that RYCA might have what I was looking for. Sure enough it was shown on the website but was out of stock. In the course of answering questions here I sometimes go to the RYCA site to get part info and I have noticed that they are always out of stock. Whole kits and piece parts.

Today I took the time to review their site. RYCA has zero inventory of parts for their kits. This has been true for many months. However, if you need parts for your bicycle or an Acerbis fuel tank for your off-road bike, they’ve got you covered.

It would appear that RYCA has gone in a different direction or has lost their source for parts. Or maybe they sold the company. In any event, it looks like if you are looking for bolt-on parts for your custom bike, you’ll have to buy an unfinished/abandoned project or by a used bike.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Re: What Happened to RYCA
Reply #1 - 01/08/20 at 17:29:00

darn!

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 01/09/20 at 14:18:38

Is the market for cafes trending down ?

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #3 - 01/10/20 at 09:16:32

There are a lot of OEM Cafe Racers on the market right now. In the past if you wanted a Cafe Racer, you had to build it. Now you can buy one. The cost of a Royal Enfield cafe is probably less than what I have into my Cafe.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
WunGun

No cage

Modesto, Ca
Reply #4 - 01/10/20 at 21:03:48

Yeah Ive been waiting for over a year to get my hands on one of their mid controls conversion kits.

Life should not take you smoothly to your grave in a well preserved body, life should make you come screeching in sideways saying "Holy Sh*t! What a ride."
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #5 - 01/11/20 at 06:51:08

Hate to say it, but the gene pool of people who do serious work on their bikes is drying up. A few will do horrible chop jobs with crap tools and crap results, but as far as serious mechanics, they are disappearing. So, fewer people wrenching, fewer parts sold.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
thorzhamma84
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/15/20 at 09:49:59

Ditto. They’re also showing on “vacation” on eBay. So much for my plug n’ play bobber part plans with them Sad  might actually have to start buying serious tools to make my own pieces.

IP Logged
tophowe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/21/20 at 19:43:02

I really want one of their exhausts

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 07/03/20 at 04:37:53

I looked at their Facebook site, and it appears they are in the process of "re-inventing" the Cafe' kit for the Savage.

They had "close out" pricing on the old parts - but it appears almost everything they list is out of stock.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 07/03/20 at 06:27:44

Stuff like this is a super niche and success in numbers usually means you end up with a situation where "your bike's unique, just like everyone else's"

Yea having said that some stuff like the footpeg carriers etc are cool to buy and slap on making a lot less work, but some of their staples were meeh IMHO.

The tank slice job IMHO was the worst idea ever - the savage needs a different tank. PERIOD. The tank is what ruins the "café" cos you cant swap front ends. A GS500 FE or a Katana FE would work like magic … but for that tank.
Raked at the neck chopper ??? again the tank.

Narrow tanks are $35-100 on ebay. More of the tail cowls and other parts from china have flooded the market, and cheap.

If they're re designing, I'll bet they're using those.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 07/03/20 at 12:59:34

Was on their site this morning and they will have a 10h anniversary CS-1 upgrade, with perhaps new body panels, seat, exhaust, bar placement, using a new design program which may give better and more precise fitment for any design change.
That was my impression.

Lots and lots of parts available (when in stock) for more than just the Savage and Sporty, as well as adding a  larger selection of mufflers for example.

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #11 - 07/03/20 at 15:36:37

I'm subscribed to their YouTube channel, and they've been sharing short videos of virtual reality components being placed on an actual bike frame, t sting fit and proportions. I'm hopeful that they'll still offer their components when this new kit comes out. I'd like to see the rearset bracket made available again. While I am capable of fabricating that myself, not everyone has those skills, and that part will really help custom builders, even if they don't want the complete kit.

I'm trying to save money to do a custom savage, but it's taking longer than I hoped; just received a pay cut due to the coronavirus, so it'll be awhile  Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 13:10:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › What Happened to RYCA

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.