raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
The debate.....LIVE.
12/19/19 at 17:42:18

Blah blah blah......

Good news is just more BAD NEWS.......the planet is dying.

Bernie.....crazy old coot.

Mayor Pete....normal.

Liz.....I have notes.

Joe......WHAT....???

Funny stuff.

Better impeach.....only chance ya got  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The debate.....LIVE.
Reply #1 - 12/19/19 at 18:18:15

I just flipped it on in time to hear the question about Obama saying that if women were in charge, things would be better etc....blah, blah.... everybody claps like its a big deal. Sorry, but didn't Hopey run against and beat a woman?...

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/19/19 at 18:20:54

BTW How is that Amy Klobuchar still around and Tulsi Gabbard isn't ? This game is beyond rigged.
I suspect a Biden Warren, Biden Butteeeg or a Warren Harris ticket will be floated up soon. They will once again railroad Bernie, Tulsi, and I don't even know how Klobuchar got this far.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 12/20/19 at 09:30:12

I think Mayor Pete has folks on that stage scared......
He was the target last night.

He had some great responses I thought, and seems the best candidate to me. I care not one twit, he is Gay, it has nothing to do with his ability to govern, in my opinion.

Andrew Yang, came in second.....but face it, the democrats will never get behind this guy, he is too smart and pragmatic in his thinking.

The liberal power structure/message is best obtuse and ambiguous.....
They need lots of wiggle room  Grin Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/20/19 at 09:34:23

I did have a thought during the debate last night I watch. At the end, when Biden did his stuttering act... he and a few others were saying how when they're at these townhalls and other events,  all these people come up to them and ask, no beg, for help. "Can you help ME Mr Biden, can you help ME, Senator Warren..."

Shouldn't government be focused on 'macro' issues? Is it government's role to make sure everyone has a roof over their heads and 3 meals a day? Or is it government's role to ensure that a fair and level playing field exist for everyone? And if so, then isn't it the rest the citizenry's (in the form of Church's, non-profits and the general responsibility of individual people) to 'be their brother's keeper'?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/20/19 at 09:57:28

"Shouldn't government be focused on 'macro' issues? Is it government's role to make sure everyone has a roof over their heads and 3 meals a day? Or is it government's role to ensure that a fair and level playing field exist for everyone? And if so, then isn't it the rest the citizenry's (in the form of Church's, non-profits and the general responsibility of individual people) to 'be their brother's keeper'?"

I agree with this.  I feel too many people think the higher positions of government are to be focused on local issues, instead of using local government, or even themselves for that.

People enjoy this massive and rather secure infrastructure, but complain their "taxes" aren't fixing the sidewalk in front of their house.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 12/20/19 at 10:46:44

WebsterMark wrote on 12/20/19 at 09:34:23:
I did have a thought during the debate last night I watch. At the end, when Biden did his stuttering act... he and a few others were saying how when they're at these townhalls and other events,  all these people come up to them and ask, no beg, for help. "Can you help ME Mr Biden, can you help ME, Senator Warren..."
Shouldn't government be focused on 'macro' issues? Is it government's role to make sure everyone has a roof over their heads and 3 meals a day? Or is it government's role to ensure that a fair and level playing field exist for everyone? And if so, then isn't it the rest the citizenry's (in the form of Church's, non-profits and the general responsibility of individual people) to 'be their brother's keeper'?

To the pink part - Correct, these are liberals, so they're asking for help, I mean begging for help - even to other liberals, they want $$$ obviously. D-uh.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 12/20/19 at 11:03:57

OK guys....let's once again look at co-dependency.....

I have lectured, till I'm blue in the face....well, maybe my tight panties play a small part.......

The following I pinched from https://www.psychologytoday.com/

But viewed with the understanding as a society, we are often referred  to as, ONE FAMILY, of mankind.

Signs of Codependency

The traditional definition of codependency has focused on control, nurturing, and maintenance of relationships with individuals who are chemically dependent, or engaging in undesirable behaviors, such as narcissism. A classic codependency model is the alcoholic husband and his enabling wife.

Dupont and McGovern (1991) argue that codependent individuals “share the responsibility for the unhealthy behavior, primarily by focusing their lives on the sick or the bad behavior and by making their own self-esteem and well-being contingent on the behavior of the unhealthy family member.” (p. 316).

Le Poire (1992) supposed that the functional (or healthy) partner nurtures the afflicted partner when he or she engages in an undesirable behavior. This behavior is ultimately pleasant to the afflicted partner, which serves to reinforce it. The partner who controls the most rewards (which builds his or her power base) is assumed to be the powerful one, while the other is indebted to him or her (Beattie, 1987). Borrowing a phrase from my clinical mentor, Reevah Simon, “Whenever there is ongoing conflict, there is underlying agreement.” In other words, it takes two to tango, and the dependent or subservient partner may not be as weak, passive, or innocent as they appear.

The following questions can serve as a guide to determine if your relationship involves codependency:

Does your sense of purpose involve making extreme sacrifices to satisfy your partner's needs?

Is it difficult to say no when your partner makes demands on your time and energy?

Do you cover your partner’s problems with drugs, alcohol, or the law?

Do you constantly worry about others’ opinions of you?

Do you feel trapped in your relationship?

Do you keep quiet to avoid arguments?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 12/20/19 at 11:07:33

Look here....how many signs do you see in today political, social, media, climate?

Codependency
Timmen Cermak, M.D., proposed that co-dependency be listed as a personality disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-III-R; American Psychiatric Association, 1987). Cermak reasoned that when specific personality traits become excessive and maladaptive and caused significant impairment in functioning or caused significant distress, it warrants a personality disorder diagnosis. Cermak's definition was published in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs in 1986[10] and is the most detailed definition in peer reviewed literature.

Cermak proposed the following criteria for this disorder:[10]

Continued investment of self-esteem in the ability to control both oneself and others in the face of serious adverse consequences.
Assumption of responsibility for meeting others' needs to the exclusion of acknowledging one's own.
Anxiety and boundary distortions around intimacy and separation.
Enmeshment in relationships with personality disordered, chemically dependent, other co‐dependent, or impulse‐disordered individuals.
Three or more of the following:
Excessive reliance on denial
Constriction of emotions (with or without dramatic outbursts)
Depression
Hypervigilance
Compulsions
Anxiety
Substance abuse
Has been (or is) the victim of recurrent physical or sexual abuse
Stress related medical illnesses
Has remained in a primary relationship with an active substance abuser for at least two years without seeking outside help.
Codependency has not been included in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders; DSM-III-R or later versions.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/20/19 at 13:20:18

It depends on what media you choose to use as a source of information.

It also depends on what politics you choose to engage in.  Local functional ones, or talk at a local establishment, or complaining to friends/family, etc.

Really no different than the people you choose to associate with.

I don't see much co-dependency in the media I use for data collection.  I also don't see a lot of clinical co-dependency in the politics I choose to engage in, like marijuana laws, Imminent Domain, and SANE rape-kit funding.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 12/21/19 at 09:47:07

WebsterMark wrote on 12/19/19 at 18:18:15:
I just flipped it on in time to hear the question about Obama saying that if women were in charge, things would be better etc....blah, blah.... everybody claps like its a big deal. Sorry, but didn't Hopey run against and beat a woman?...

Yup, woman for president, 100%, just not that one. D-uh, isn't that obvious.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 12/21/19 at 20:14:15

I was hoping a good choice of a woman might be happening....not this time however.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 12/22/19 at 02:00:32

Cynthia McKinney isn't running

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 12/22/19 at 08:49:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/22/19 at 02:00:32:
Cynthia McKinney isn't running

Yeah, I can see why.....a brisk walk, would give that lard a heart attack.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 06:27:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The debate.....LIVE.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.