strathken
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ayr / scotland
ecu / igniter
12/03/19 at 04:19:48

good afternoon folks,

I am on the lookout for an ecu / igniter for a 1994 Suzuki savage. it's a lovely wee bike that I love to ride. unfortunately the guy who works on my bike has been unable to source one for me anywhere in scotland/uk. I have now taken to the internet in my quest. if anyone can help me out here or point me in in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.    thanks.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: ecu / igniter
Reply #1 - 12/03/19 at 17:52:15

Do you not have one ? or are thinking yours is bad. Open it and show me a pic, I'll show you what may be bad, and what you test and swap out. I've fixed a few ignitors in my time.

BTW people put GM ignitors in xs and kz's. These things aren't rocket science. You may be able to use any other ignitor off a different single bike or parts off a car that uses 1 per cyl.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
strathken
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ayr / scotland
Reply #2 - 12/04/19 at 06:17:59

hi Srinath,

thanks for your speedy response. I hope to visit the chap who is working on my bike today or tomorrow. we do have the original ecu and he is not sure if it is good or bad, so hopefully he can open it up and post you some pics for you to have a look at. I think I am right in saying that the bike turns over but will not start. I will be back in touch soon to let you know of developments.

thanks again.   William Smiley

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 12/04/19 at 07:00:13

Turns over but no start may just be far simpler - fuel. Try with starting fluid.
Igniters control spark advance mainly.
In any case, the savage igniter is likely the simplest one on the planet. Its got a transistor that's gone to heaven, if it is even the igniter. Match the functions of the wires from donor to this one and you're good to use any ignitor literally. In fact I wont even hesitate to use 1/2 the ignitor off a 2 or a 4 cyl. Some 2 cyl's only have a single circuit one, they use wasted spark. As in at TDC both plugs fire, one at the top of the exhaust stroke and one at TDC in the compression making power.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 07:34:01

General CategoryThe Marketplace › ecu / igniter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.