Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Keep abortion legal...... (Read 439 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Keep abortion legal......
Reply #45 - 12/04/19 at 12:15:18

Now.....back to abortion........

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 12/04/19 at 12:25:42

WebsterMark wrote on 12/04/19 at 12:15:01:
None of us, not even the best among us, type what they would speak in person. All I'm saying is I will do my best going forward.

Speak for yourself.  I do.  I've called more than one person an idiot (in so many words) to their face for supporting trump.  To the effect of "seriously? - you support trump?  I thought you were smarter than that."

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 12/04/19 at 16:00:55

"None of us, not even the best among us, type what they would speak in person. All I'm saying is I will do my best going forward."

This is most likely content for another thread but I see no reason why this has to be a universal absolute.  

I can't think of an instance where I typed (spoke) in a manner that is not consistent with what I would say in person when to comes to specifically insulting people.  I actually can't think of a time when I called someone anything insulting, but I am sure I have at some point.

I do see a difference when in-person I would not have time to do research to appropriately answer a question accurately, so in that case yes my in-person response of "I don't have enough information at this time to provide an educated response." would be different than one where I provide a researched answer. I'd say if there's anything I do that gets on peoples nerves it's the above sentence as I do not make it a habit to formulate opinions on the spot.

But as far as insulting people, I see no reason to believe 100% of the human population would insult someone in writing.  I'm pretty sure there's plenty that don't.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #48 - 12/04/19 at 17:56:00

WebsterMark wrote on 12/04/19 at 12:15:18:
Now.....back to abortion........

Please, lets "unbreak" the adoption supply chain so people will have babies and let people who want them adopt them. So Madonna and Angelina jolie doesn't have to go to Madagascar or Hamilcar or Hybridcar and buy some kids. Or bloody hell, just deport them there so we don't gotta hear about em.

Seriously, we are killing babies on one side, heck paying $$$ for that, while adoption costs several 100K.

I have an adopted niece. My cousin - US/India dual citizen went to India and adopted her, and claimed she gave birth there and got her back on her passport. Done, scams averted, baby home.
Stupid system, broken supply chain. IMHO, abortions are far fewer than adoption requests that go unfilled. Just put those 2 together. Duh.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #49 - 12/04/19 at 19:52:35

My son, and his wife, adopted a baby.

And guess what, my grand daughter is Black, and pops loves the heck out of her.  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

But of course folks already have their minds made up.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #50 - 12/04/19 at 20:05:01

Abortion politics in Virginia made national news last January when state Rep. Kathy Tran proposed a bill allowing abortion up until birth and even during labor. Thankfully her efforts failed at that time, and the legislature decided to uphold life. But the same bill is likely to resurface now that pro-abortion politicians control the Virginia state legislature and governor’s mansion.

Rep. Tran’s “birthday abortion bill” contained several extreme provisions. Among them are allowing abortion in the last three months of pregnancy and the elimination of informed-consent and clinic-safety requirements. Late-term abortions could, under Tran’s bill, be performed in outpatient clinics, and pro-life measures such as ultrasound requirements and Virginia’s waiting period would be eliminated.

When asked about Tran’s proposal, Gov. Ralph Northam said he supported the bill and that in the case of a failed abortion, "The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother." Gov. Northam’s comments sounded like an endorsement of infanticide, and many condemned them.  

While most of America was horrified by their cold disregard for developing human life, Rep. Tran and Gov. Northam won the loyal support of the pro-abortion lobby. Both Rep. Tran and Gov. Northam received money from pro-abortion groups like Planned Parenthood and Emily’s List. These groups believe in a woman's right to an abortion in virtually any circumstance and generously fund pro-abortion politicians, like Tran and Northam.  

In fact, Emily’s List and Planned Parenthood VA were among top donors in the 2019 Virginia elections, dumping millions into state races. These groups saw an opening to elect a legislature that would advance their agenda. Come January, politicians backed by the abortion lobby will be in position to pass Tran’s “birthday abortion bill” and similar measures.

But passing such a bill would constitute a massive overreach by radical politicians and, if history is any indicator, will generate considerable backlash – perhaps even on a national scale.

Think of what happened after New York’s Reproductive Health Act passed, a bill also allowing abortion up until birth and paid for by tax dollars. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who signed the extreme law in January, celebrated the occasion by ordering city workers to light up in pink area landmarks, including One World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan.

[The rebuilt trade center commemorates the 2,753 men, women and children murdered on that solemn ground during the terror attacks of 9/11. That Gov. Cuomo would celebrate the death of anyone, and at the very site that evokes painful memories of immeasurable loss, is a national disgrace.]

But a Marist poll taken right after the incident revealed a sudden, substantial shift away from the “pro-choice” position, indicating New York politicians’ severe overreach. Because of this double-digit shift, Americans were as likely to identify as pro-life (47 percent) as pro-choice (47 percent). The director of the Marist poll commented, “The recent legal changes to late-term abortion and the debate which followed have not gone unnoticed by the general public.”

That’s not really a surprise to anyone paying attention. Marist has been tracking what Americans think about abortion for eleven straight years and each year they find that large majorities strongly object to late-term abortion. This year’s Marist Poll on American attitudes toward abortion found three in four believe abortion should be limited to, at most, the first three months of a woman’s pregnancy.

Will pro-abortion politicians in Virginia overreach? Probably. But they can expect pro-life Virginians to make their voices heard and the rest of pro-life America to be watching -- just like they were watching New York. Because in the end, most Americans don’t want to see Virginia, or the nation in 2020, go the way of New York.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 12/05/19 at 09:04:03

The article from Jeanne Mancini you copy and pasted without providing reference is conveniently leaving out the part about if the mother's health is at risk in those "Birthday abortion bills"

I'd like it to be more specific regarding the "women's health" portion perhaps requiring some assessment of health and risk to the mother, but that's not exactly easy to put in law.  I do prefer the previous standard of "substantially and irredeemably" by three doctors, but the bottom line is Tran did little more than reduce the physician count from three to one.

Also this article conveniently leaves out that no OBGYN has ever ordered an abortion during labor, that it is still illegal, and that she was answering a "what if" that has never happened.

Also there is a blatant lie:  ""The infant would be delivered and kept comfortable, and the family would decide about resuscitation.""

This was a statement answering a question about when a woman goes into labor with a fetus that has severe deformities and may not be viable, this was answered by a pediatric neurologist who was actually talking about the ridiculous concept of abortions during labor.  The article states: "in the case of a failed abortion" as if an abortion was chosen during labor which is not what the question was.

Now lets see if it's reasonable for a woman with life-threatening complications to need two more doctors to review and sign off on her abortion as she is bleeding to death at 3am.  

The referenced article is obviously biased and very selective in how it is presenting material.

Read the more obscure NY bill:

https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2019/A21

Virginia bill:

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter4/section18.2-74/

Unreferenced article:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/12/04/virginia_is_ground_zero...

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #52 - 12/05/19 at 09:40:46

These last couple of post illustrate civility- and incivility.   While much has been made on this forum recently about harsh characterization, for my part, the posting of false reports amounts to a degradation; such a lack of good faith effort is antithetical to civility.   Ray, what you posted strained credulity, raised alarm of misreporting; like Eegore, I was provoked to investigate.  It would be a great help to civil discourse here if similar skepticism on your part lead first to an exploration of the record before posting.

When we fail to scrutinize sources, we impose that burden on everybody else.   Rather than focusing on our ideas, concerns, or discussing issues of merit, our energy is sapped by contesting the record.   Fatigued, the temptation to discount harshly is ever-present, patience strains to breaking, and incivility erupts.

A long way of saying we'd do our conversation a favor by testing what others offer before reflecting it here.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #53 - 12/05/19 at 11:04:49

Huh
The new bill that would create a crime called “abortion murder,” explained
Ohio House Bill 413, introduced on November 18, is 723 pages long. The bill has gotten attention in part for its striking language — it creates a new felony called “abortion murder.” Under the legislation, people would be guilty of this crime if they purposely “perform or have an abortion,” and could face 15 years to life in prison.

The bill also creates a crime called “aggravated abortion murder,” of which people could be found guilty if they “purposely perform an abortion while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, rape, aggravated arson, arson, aggravated robbery, robbery, aggravated burglary, burglary,” or other crimes. For aggravated abortion murder, the maximum penalty is death.

The circumstances under which someone could be accused of aggravated abortion murder are somewhat unclear. “Show me the person that can perform an abortion while committing arson, and I’ll show you a person who is remarkably good at multitasking,” Imani Gandy wrote at Rewire.News.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #54 - 12/05/19 at 12:50:27

Eegore.......

I copied it, and posted it, without any commentary.......

You can read into it all you want, etc...... lots of stuff floating around out there in cyberland, buyer/user, beware.....just like the mainstream media, tweeterville, etc....

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #55 - 12/05/19 at 13:14:30

raydawg wrote on 12/05/19 at 12:50:27:
I copied it, and posted it, without any commentary.......

You can read into it all you want, etc...... lots of stuff floating around out there in cyberland, buyer/user, beware.....just like the mainstream media, tweeterville, etc....

You aren't accountable for everything floating around everywhere, Ray- just what YOU post.    No one has time to review all the junk out there- we depend on you to use your discretion when bringing content to our attention.   It's ain't the internet's fault.   It ain't "the media".  It ain't Twitter.   What you post is on you.

Eegore wasn't "reading into" your cut-n-paste content- he explored the record to reveal the quality of that content.   His work should not just be dismissed out of hand as equal to anything else available.

Eegore accorded you respect by considering what you posted.   What you've given back is far less than that.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 12/05/19 at 15:20:24

"I copied it, and posted it, without any commentary......."

That's nonsense and I would like to think you know that.  You didn't reference the material, I had to go searching to see if you had any words of your own.

The "I didnt write it, I only posted it" thing has been going on for a while here, but only after someone challenges the post.  

My question is when you post something without referencing the original source material, how are we supposed to know what part, if any, is commentary?

Let me guess, we need to copy paste every post you make into a search engine to see if you are copying other people's work, or if you are compiling a sentence in there somewhere as commentary.

« Last Edit: 12/05/19 at 19:12:49 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 12/05/19 at 15:24:19

"The new bill that would create a crime called “abortion murder,” explained"

The bill also requires physicians perform a procedure that doesn't even exist.  I think it's complete garbage as it's essentially unenforceable.

How many women are they really going to kill over this?  My guess is zero.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #58 - 12/05/19 at 15:28:52

Eegore wrote on 12/05/19 at 15:24:19:
 How many women are they really going to kill over this?  My guess is zero.

The absurdity is palpable...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #59 - 12/05/19 at 19:23:18

Serowbot wrote on 12/05/19 at 15:28:52:
The absurdity is palpable...

Gently, please..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 08:18:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Keep abortion legal......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.