Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Keep abortion legal...... (Read 439 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Keep abortion legal......
11/29/19 at 10:30:12

It's the last line of defense......

Robert Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television, said in an interview Friday that he does not believe that there's a Democrat in the 2020 field today who can prevent President Trump from winning a second term.

Johnson, a lifelong Democrat who has in the past praised Trump, told CNBC that his opinion was based on facts and he did not want to make it political.

"I think the president has always been in a position where it’s his to lose based on his bringing a sort of disruptive force into what would be called political norms,” he said.

Johnson said it would be wise to disregard polling that shows Trump losing his grip in battleground states and said if you took a "snapshot" today the election would be Trump's to lose.

In July, Johnson – the country’s first African-American billionaire – warned that the Democrats have become too liberal and said at the time that he isn’t supporting a particular 2020 candidate.

“I think the economy is doing great, and it’s particularly reaching populations that heretofore had very bad problems in terms of jobs and employment and the opportunities that come with employment,” Johnson said at the time. “African-American unemployment is at its lowest level…  I give the president a lot of credit for moving the economy in a positive direction that’s benefiting a large amount of Americans.”

OK....let me look deep into my crystal ball...
What do I see?

OH LOOK.......

Women are lining up.
It looks to be in front of a nice building.
They are holding signs.
Chanting.
I see a sign a sign, on this building.
BET Television.

Oh golly, my ball went, er....black.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Keep abortion legal......
Reply #1 - 11/29/19 at 14:37:42

Since it's likely Trump will be around until 2024, he'll probably get an opportunity for couple other justices too, but as much as I'd like it to be overturned, I don't think it will be. Left up to individual states to decide? Sure, that's possible. That's somewhat happening now with states enacting restrictions.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/29/19 at 14:48:53

Am I that obtuse, that no one got my snark?  Embarrassed

re: abortion.....it is so draconian, with today's medical advances, and birth control, etc....
However, it does sorta tie into the disingenuous motivation of the democrat platform.
It's a woman's choice, period, no men have say, however these same folk, white ones, can tell a Black man, he ain't acting in a black mans best interest..... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/02/19 at 12:27:58

raydawg wrote on 11/29/19 at 14:48:53:
Am I that obtuse, that no one got my snark?  Embarrassed

re: abortion.....it is so draconian, with today's medical advances, and birth control, etc....
However, it does sorta tie into the disingenuous motivation of the democrat platform.
It's a woman's choice, period, no men have say, however these same folk, white ones, can tell a Black man, he ain't acting in a black mans best interest..... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Keep abortion legal.  That's not snark, that's today's reality.

I agree with it.  But to define it properly, it should be stated as "Let Women Decide What To Do With Their Own Bodies" or "Let A Woman Choose".

As to your comparison, it's not even in the same galaxie.  Opinion is not the same as law.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/03/19 at 05:16:08

The life growing inside does not get a choice, does not have a say in the matter.

At it's core, the Pro-Choice position is that the very definition of the words "human life" and the value of that life is determined by a single individual whom biology has selected as the one to develop that life.

It's wrong to destroy it.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/03/19 at 05:48:31

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/19 at 05:16:08:
The life growing inside does not get a choice, does not have a say in the matter.

The problem is, when does life begin?  What gives anyone the right to decide what a woman does with her own body?

At it's core, the Pro-Choice position is that the very definition of the words "human life" and the value of that life is determined by a single individual whom biology has selected as the one to develop that life.

It's wrong to destroy it.

Up until a fetus can sustain itself outside the womb, it's not viable, and it's not a baby.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/03/19 at 08:48:11

Up until a fetus can sustain itself outside the womb, it's not viable, and it's not a baby.

Technology is moving that time earlier and earlier. Right now that's between 22 and 24 weeks I believe. Assuming of course you or your insurance carrier can afford it.

So the definition of life is dependent upon technology and prosperity?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/03/19 at 09:08:37

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/19 at 08:48:11:

Technology is moving that time earlier and earlier. Right now that's between 22 and 24 weeks I believe. Assuming of course you or your insurance carrier can afford it.

So the definition of life is dependent upon technology and prosperity?

You can look at it that way if you want.  But the scenario above is in the case of premature birth.  It's only right to assume that in those cases, the mother has already decided to go through the pregnancy.

To be clear, I personally don't endorse late term (3rd trimester) abortions unless it's absolutely necessary to save the life of the mother, and it's her choice, or the fetus is severely deformed - and again, it'd be her choice.

Further, I don't "support" abortions.  I support the woman's right to choose to have one.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/03/19 at 09:50:40

In one case, its the premature birth of a human being.  In another case, at the exact same point in gestation, it's not. It's treated like am unwanted tissue, a tumor or something.

To me, that's an unbridgeable paradox.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 12/03/19 at 09:56:16

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/19 at 09:50:40:
To me, that's an unbridgeable paradox.

Then don't bridge it,... it's not your bridge.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/03/19 at 10:20:41

I think it is. You lobby to bridge countless issues that aren't any of your personal business.

What business is it of yours if I choose to own a 20 round magazine?

I could take any argument you make why you believe it is in fact your business to tell me why I can't make that choice and I could use the same logic to make a stronger case why severely restricting abortion is the right thing to do.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 12/03/19 at 11:25:04

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/19 at 10:20:41:
I think it is. You lobby to bridge countless issues that aren't any of your personal business.

What business is it of yours if I choose to own a 20 round magazine?

I could take any argument you make why you believe it is in fact your business to tell me why I can't make that choice and I could use the same logic to make a stronger case why severely restricting abortion is the right thing to do.

The woman's right to choose is hers alone and affects her alone.

Restricting guns/magazines/weapons effects (potentially) many on the business side of the weapon.  (Just go ask a parent who had a child killed at Sandy Hook)

In the case of women's rights, it's actually the liberal stance that is for smaller government and the conservative side that wants government running their life.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 12/03/19 at 12:56:01

The woman's right to choose is hers alone and affects her alone. It only seems that way on the surface. Question; why does society make attempts to limit self-destructive behavior even when that person refuses to acknowledge the behavior or activity has destructive consequences? We do that because it has a cost to the rest of society.
Can you make a valid argument that 40 million abortions have had no effect on society?

Restricting guns/magazines/weapons effects (potentially) many on the business side of the weapon.  (Just go ask a parent who had a child killed at Sandy Hook)
Ask a person who discovered his mother aborted a sibling?

In the case of women's rights, it's actually the liberal stance that is for smaller government and the conservative side that wants government running their life.
Not really. The conservative side has a scientific and logical definition of life. If you believe a 26 week old unborn baby is in fact a baby, being against abortion is the only logical conclusion.
And by the way, this belief is not without consequences. I am against the death penalty for this same reason which is not always an easy position to stand by.  Granting the State the right to end a life is limited to war and self-defense. In the news today was the story of a woman who hung her two children, 8 and 4 I think were their ages. In St Louis this month, a man killed his pregnant wife and dumped her body in cold, frozen field because he was having an affair. It's not the State's decision to end their life.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #13 - 12/03/19 at 13:50:34

Just go ask a parent who had a child killed at Sandy Hook...

Mark is empathy-challenged.   Really- that anyone would even need to ask this question -it's like a robot trying to understand human emotion.

"Son, I had an abortion 6 years before you were born."

"Son, your sister was just shot in the face- her brain are scattered all over the cafeteria at school."

One of these is emotionally devastating, Mark- dedicate the totality of your system's resources to determining which is which, then get back to us when you've matured into a mentally healthy adult.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 12/03/19 at 13:58:18

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/19 at 12:56:01:
The woman's right to choose is hers alone and affects her alone. It only seems that way on the surface. Question; why does society make attempts to limit self-destructive behavior even when that person refuses to acknowledge the behavior or activity has destructive consequences? We do that because it has a cost to the rest of society. Can you make a valid argument that 40 million abortions have had no effect on society?

Yes, because those births never happened, they are null.  You can "what if" all day, but the fact of the matter is, there is no "there" there.

Categorizing a woman's right to choose in the same vein as a drink driver or gun-wielding maniac is simply wrong.

They are not the same.  A woman's right to choose is just that - her right.  It affects her and no one else.

What are the ramifications to the sibling?  We'll never know that there are because it never existed.

Not really. The conservative side has a scientific and logical definition of life.

From what I've seen, the conservative's definition is a heartbeat.  That's not life, and not very scientific, sorry.

If you believe a 26 week old unborn baby is in fact a baby, being against abortion is the only logical conclusion.

If it's not viable outside the womb, then I don't.  Again, this isn't about being pro-abortion, it's being about pro-choice.

And by the way, this belief is not without consequences. I am against the death penalty for this same reason which is not always an easy position to stand by.  Granting the State the right to end a life is limited to war and self-defense. In the news today was the story of a woman who hung her two children, 8 and 4 I think were their ages. In St Louis this month, a man killed his pregnant wife and dumped her body in cold, frozen field because he was having an affair. It's not the State's decision to end their life.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 08:18:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Keep abortion legal......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.