Look...you must. (Read 177 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Look...you must.
11/25/19 at 15:57:53

We have been told countless times, this impeachment is NOT politically motivated.....

This president has been described as a real threat, to our democracy, and the world, for that matter.

He has done pretty much everything for his own personal benefit, etc, lying, cheating, and is the root cause of all this divisiveness between everyone in America.....we are told, pretty much everyday in the media, etc.

Given all of these charges and concerns, hunches, guesses, opinions, and lets not forget FACTS.......

You do NOT have the option of NOT bringing forward articles of impeachment, against him.....period, plain and simple, done deal.

You can NOT make any case for not doing so....

Well, unless I guess it might cost you some elections, or....???

That is what it will come down to if you don't.

CUT BAIT, or FISH....!!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Look...you must.
Reply #1 - 11/26/19 at 07:07:05

Do you think it's not going to happen now?

What's changed?

Articles will be drawn up.

It will not get past the Senate.

But nonetheless, it'll be formal.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/26/19 at 07:32:28

Talk is starting to arise that in might not happen......???

I hope it goes to the senate, we get more witnesses called to testify,  subpoenas issued, to those who won't honor them, held accountable.

Maybe we can get to the truth based on actual facts that can be verified.

Here is a example of what I am starting to see:

Michigan Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence, a prominent supporter of Kamala Harris who has previously supported the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, abruptly announced Sunday that she no longer saw any "value" in the process and called for her fellow Democrats to throw their support behind a symbolic censure resolution.

Lawrence's about-face came as polls have shown that independents are souring on the idea of impeaching and removing Trump from office, including in critical battleground states like Wisconsin, even as House Democrats aggressively presented their focus-group-tested "bribery" case against the president over the past two weeks.

"We are so close to an election," Lawrence said Sunday on a Michigan radio program, noting that Trump stands little chance of being convicted by the GOP-controlled Senate. "I will tell you, sitting here knowing how divided this country is, I don't see the value of taking him out of office. But I do see the value of putting down a marker saying his behavior is not acceptable. It's in violation of the oath of office of a president of the United States, and we have to be clear that you cannot use your power of the presidency to withhold funds to get a foreign country to investigate an American citizen for your own personal gain. There's no way around that."

Lawrence continued: "I want him censured. I want it on the record that the House of Representatives did their job and they told this president and any president coming behind him that this is unacceptable behavior and, under our Constitution, we will not allow it. ... I am a Democrat, but I am an independent United States of America citizen."

I already shared a while back, I thought this was a better option....

However....this seems to really fly in the face of "doing the right thing, regardless" as I mentioned above about the grave threat Trump is purported to our constitution....and it is political....

Lawrence's about-face came as polls have shown that independents are souring on the idea of impeaching and removing Trump from office, including in critical battleground states like Wisconsin, even as House Democrats aggressively presented their focus-group-tested "bribery" case against the president over the past two weeks.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #3 - 11/26/19 at 08:10:38

raydawg wrote on 11/26/19 at 07:32:28:
Talk is starting to arise that in might not happen......???

People say all sorts of absurd things, making much of some Democrat leadership pains to not telegraph prejudgement.   These are not honest concerns, but a campaign designed to suggest uncertainty of evidence or purpose.

I hope it goes to the senate, we get more witnesses called to testify,  subpoenas issued, to those who won't honor them, held accountable.

As do I- though I have little hope of accountability.   Pelosi seems to have judged using the full power of the House to compel testimony not politically constructive in this time.

Maybe we can get to the truth based on actual facts that can be verified.

I'm doubtful you are susceptible to what you are asking for- we had candidate Trump on live TV bizarrely ask Russia specifically to attack his political rival's computer system; within hours they did so, then release curated portions of stolen communications a few days before the election; Trump's campaign briefed Russian intelligence on key battleground States.     Do those facts matter to you? Trump's campaign contracted Cambridge Analytica, the very company approached by Russia to influence US elections and sew division among the US electorate; Trump parroted propaganda generated by Russian troll farm the Internet Research Agency, an organ of Putin's power; connections and overlay between the two are on the order of hearing a gunshot, turning a corner to see a man with a smoking gun standing over a corps with a fresh bullet wound.   Whether you reasonably regard the facts in pursuit of an accurate apprehension of truth is up to you- but you've given me plenty of reason to be skeptical of your regard, Ray.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/26/19 at 08:28:56

T And T Garage wrote on 11/26/19 at 07:07:05:

What's changed?

I'm not 100% sure of the process. Can articles of impeachment be drawn up but not actually voted on? I assume that could happen.
By doing that, they could essentially call this a de facto censure.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #5 - 11/26/19 at 08:43:12

People say all sorts of absurd things...

Right on cue-

WebsterMark wrote on 11/26/19 at 08:28:56:

The label is the least important aspect- real damage, real crimes. Given the evidence presented thus far, anything less than a hearing in the Senate will declare the House party to lawlessness.  The presumption is fantastic.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/26/19 at 10:06:18

WebsterMark wrote on 11/26/19 at 08:28:56:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/26/19 at 07:07:05:

What's changed?

I'm not 100% sure of the process. Can articles of impeachment be drawn up but not actually voted on? I assume that could happen.

It will be "tried" in the Senate, but there's no way in hell they'll ever impeach him.

jim ($5 haircut) jordan already said he'd never vote for an impeachment no matter what the evidence shows.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/26/19 at 10:34:33

Impeachment is in the House and you're either impeached or not.
The trial is in the Senate where you're either guilty or acquitted.

What goes for Jordan goes the same for Shifty Shiff.

Point is, can they draw up articles of impeachment, make a big deal out of releasing to the press, maybe even have copies available for the public, put an original copy on display like the declaration of independence etc.. but never actually take an impeachment vote. That way they can keep talking about it without actually facing the most severe ramifications that could come from it.

But, they got to do something. It's going down in flames and actually taking an impeachment vote might not be a very good idea because by the time they actually get around to it, they might not have enough democratic support or even if they do, the numbers might be way closer than they want.

They're in a tough spot.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 11/26/19 at 10:50:25

Look Mark, you can't put that Genie back in the bottle.....

We heard over, and over again from Schiff, and the media, how the evidence was overwhelming, and again, the damage, and threat, to our Constitution, Trump posed, and executed.....required this action.

That it was NOT political, but their responsibility, to remove this Putin plant....etc.

If their proof is that damaging, and obvious, Mitch, or Jordan, will be revealed as partisans, and the swing, and undecided voters will punish them, in 2020....

The democrats have to believe that, or they don't....no sorta pregnant here, that I can see.  
They pushed this narrative, was it merely for political maneuvering, or is it true, and the evidence meets the preponderance?

If they back pedal....it will prove costly to them on the voters I mentioned, and inflame the AOC folks, who are very vocal.....    

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #9 - 11/26/19 at 11:13:57

raydawg wrote on 11/26/19 at 10:50:25:
If they back pedal....it will prove costly to them on the voters I mentioned, and inflame the AOC folks, who are very vocal.....

Despite professed preferences, Ray's reasoning is, here, sound; in this, he distinguishes himself from Mark... before returning to type with the "AOC folk" noise.   Who does the Dawg refer to?   Women?   People of color?  Folks who value justice, rule of law, decency, equity, and a future that doesn't resemble a bad sci-fi novel?

WebsterMark wrote on 11/26/19 at 10:34:33:
What goes for Jordan goes the same for Shifty Shiff.

Through Mark's broken lens, all the children on Santa's list are naughty.   Every horrible person is equivocated to a good person.   Everybody is covered in the crap he flings.

Any person of integrity viewing the last week of testimony can attest to how of a piece Jim and Mark are.   Lump of coal for you, Mark.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 11/26/19 at 12:31:33

The Democrats are searching for any way to avoid an impeachment vote ---- they heard about the Republican plan to vote FOR impeachment so the trial can move forward to the Senate.

During which trial evidence of various criminal action items will come to light about Democrats, and criminal referrals will be filed.  Indictments would follow.

Watch all them fleas dancing on the hot skillet  ----  EEEEK !!!!  Allow no voting to take place !!!!

We would automatically lose the 2020 Presidential election and some of our fellow Democrats would actually go to jail.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/26/19 at 12:41:43

We heard over, and over again from Schiff, and the media, how the evidence was overwhelming, and again, the damage, and threat, to our Constitution, Trump posed, and executed.....required this action.

I disagree Ray. Schiff said over and over again that he had clear and convincing evidence of criminal conspiracy with regards to the Russian conspiracy case and I would challenge you to remember the last time you heard that talked about even though it dominated the news cycle day and night for two years...... Seriously, isn't it amazing that a topic that big died that quickly.....It's like the Titanic. One day it's floating along, dominating the skyline and before you know it, you gotta go deep to catch even a glimpse of it.    I'm not saying repeating that feat would be easy, but as long as the media goes along with it, which of course they will, they've got a chance to pretend this who impeachment thing never happened.  

That it was NOT political, but their responsibility, to remove this Putin plant....etc.

If their proof is that damaging, and obvious, Mitch, or Jordan, will be revealed as partisans, and the swing, and undecided voters will punish them, in 2020....

Ask 100 swing state voters who Mitch McConnell is? Or Jim Jordan? 10%? 20% ?

The democrats have to believe that, or they don't....no sorta pregnant here, that I can see.  
They pushed this narrative, was it merely for political maneuvering, or is it true, and the evidence meets the preponderance?

Oh, they're going to inflame the AOC wing for sure. But they're going to inflame half their base no matter what they do. Go with Biden; the lunatic half is wound up. Go with Warren or Sanders, the normal half stays home or votes third party.

The Dems are in trouble for 2020. Trump pulled together the two halves of the Republican Party, mostly into one. Who on the Democratic side can merge the far, wacho, communist left with the somewhat normal, sane, old fashion liberal?

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #12 - 11/26/19 at 13:05:41

WebsterMark wrote on 11/26/19 at 12:41:43:
Trump pulled together the two halves of the Republican Party, mostly into one.

Watch out, Ray- Mark's come unhinged by your reporting from outside his silo.   While Nixon consolidated xenophobes and bigots into the GOP base, Trump has distilled that down to those who are susceptible to his con.   Like any other huckster, the impossibility of his message is designed to parse out folks incapable or unwilling to scrutinize.  

There's only so much integrity some Republicans are willing to sacrifice.  Mark isn't one of those people.   When folks he perceives to be in his own camp vocalize discernment, that's a threat to his self image.   You're all supposed to be implicated together, remember?   If you start describing the Naked Emperor, the inanity of Mark's fantasy is cast in a stark light.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 11/26/19 at 16:01:07

Mavigogun wrote on 11/26/19 at 13:05:41:
Trump has distilled that down to those who are susceptible to his   

This may seem incomprehensible to the left; however, many people including myself believe in his platform the policies he has implementented.  Albeit he is no saint; however, I feel the direction the country is going utterly fantastic.  The only thing that could be better than a second term would be if Don Jr made it a 3rd.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 11/26/19 at 16:33:08

WebsterMark wrote on 11/26/19 at 12:41:43:

I disagree Ray. Schiff said over and over again that he had clear and convincing evidence of criminal conspiracy with regards to the Russian conspiracy case and I would challenge you to remember the last time you heard that talked about even though it dominated the news cycle day and night for two years...... Seriously, isn't it amazing that a topic that big died that quickly.....It's like the Titanic. One day it's floating along, dominating the skyline and before you know it, you gotta go deep to catch even a glimpse of it.    I'm not saying repeating that feat would be easy, but as long as the media goes along with it, which of course they will, they've got a chance to pretend this who impeachment thing never happened.  

Ask 100 swing state voters who Mitch McConnell is? Or Jim Jordan? 10%? 20% ?

Oh, they're going to inflame the AOC wing for sure. But they're going to inflame half their base no matter what they do. Go with Biden; the lunatic half is wound up. Go with Warren or Sanders, the normal half stays home or votes third party.

The Dems are in trouble for 2020. Trump pulled together the two halves of the Republican Party, mostly into one. Who on the Democratic side can merge the far, wacho, communist left with the somewhat normal, sane, old fashion liberal?

Mark...I think you misunderstood me, or I messed up explaining it.
I never said I thus far believe the Schiff trial, no.....
As you say, he (Schiff) has said he has real unmitigated proof....
Couple that with how they, the liberals, in general, say its NOT political, but to protect our Constitution....

That is why I say they either go all in, or they own the truth, it WAS political, it can't be both, show me that proof. I'd love to see him under oath in a senate trial.

Did that help?  Huh    

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 20:24:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Look...you must.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.