Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Corruption Illustrated. (Read 116 times)
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Corruption Illustrated.
11/25/19 at 07:00:42

"He is as good a man as God ever created."

Lindsey Graham on Joe Biden, 2015.

"I think what you like about him, he appears to be strong and the rest of us are weak. He’s a very successful businessman and he’s gonna make everything great. He’s gonna take all the problems of the world and put ’em in a box and make your life better. That’s what he’s selling.

"Here’s what you’re buying: He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for."

Lindsey Graham labeling Trump "un-American", 2015.  

What changed for Graham- and for self aggrandizing "Conservatives" on this forum -was a contest between base self interests and values.   Values, if ever present, lost.

« Last Edit: 11/25/19 at 14:01:01 by Mavigogun »  

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Re: Corruption Illustrted.
Reply #1 - 11/25/19 at 07:26:48

An excerpt from the Secretary of the Navy's resignation letter to President Trump illustrates the chasm between Conservatives and Conservtives-in-name-only; the bolding is mine:

"As Secretary of the Navy, one the most important responsibilities I have to our people is to maintain good order and discipline throughout the ranks. I regard this as deadly serious business. The lives of our Sailors, Marines and civilian teammates quite literally depend on the professional execution of our many missions, and they also depend on the ongoing faith and support of the people we serve and the allies we serve alongside.

"The rule of law is what sets us apart from our adversaries. Good order and discipline is what has enabled our victory against foreign tyranny time and again, from Captain Lawrence's famous order 'Don't Give up the Ship', to the discipline and determination that propelled our flag to the highest point on lwo Jima. The Constitution, and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, are the shields that set us apart, and the beacons that protect us all. Through my Title Ten Authority, I have strived to ensure our proceedings are fair, transparent and consistent, from the newest recruit to the Flag and General Officer level.

"Unfortunately it has become apparent that in this respect, I no longer share the same understanding with the Commander in Chief who appointed me, in regards to the key principle of good order and discipline. I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took in the presence of my family, my flag and my faith to support and defend the Constitution of the United States."

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/25/19 at 07:31:59

I will never understand how any ordinary, semi-intelligent person can support trump.

I just can't.

You wanna be a republican - fine.  I actually agree with some republican ideals.

trump is not a republican.  He's a demagogue.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #3 - 11/25/19 at 09:26:23

I lived overseas for 8 years.   I heard, time and again, US deportment was the benchmark of what is permissible for other countries to do.   Right or wrong, the world expects more from us.   The corruption and debasement of the Trump administration, both petty and profound, propagate the world over as wrongdoers cite this Administration to justify their misdeeds, and would be allies learn to distrust our word.

« Last Edit: 11/25/19 at 14:01:48 by Mavigogun »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 10:19:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Corruption Illustrated.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.