Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ivanovitch mentioned in Trump/Zelensky call (Read 142 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Ivanovitch mentioned in Trump/Zelensky call
Reply #15 - 11/18/19 at 06:49:25

WebsterMark wrote on 11/17/19 at 06:55:35:
the president extorted an ally country at war with Russia for a public smear

That's an allegation not supported by the most direct evidence, which is the transcript of the call.

The "transcript" is a rough summary,... the call went 28 minutes...
Not word for word,... and there is testimony that pertinent portions are left out.
Secondly there was originally only one call,... now there's two,...  Could there be three?,.. or four?...

Mike Pence aide Jennifer Williams, who overheard Zelensky call, is now a 'Never Trumper'.
In her testimony, Williams said the call "struck me as unusual and inappropriate."
The league of Never Trumpers grows daily... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/19/19 at 14:48:57

I got some time this afternoon to watch this debacle. What a joke.
Much todo about nothing. This is a bunch of crybabies given a platform to b!tch about a new boss.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/19/19 at 15:37:33

I saw Lt. Col. Vindman crush it.

It'll be interesting to hear what Sondland has to say tomorrow.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/19/19 at 16:55:20

I thought he sounded like someone who thinks far more of himself than what others do....One of the other witnesses described him as basically a problem. If I’m at a level where I listen in on a Presidential phone call and I think a serious, perhaps criminal conversation took place, I’m immediately telling my boss, and everybody else. He didn’t do that  if I heard his answer correctly. I was in and out of the room.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #19 - 11/20/19 at 00:47:53

WebsterMark wrote on 11/19/19 at 16:55:20:
I...perhaps criminal conversation took place, I’m immediately telling my boss, and everybody else. He didn’t do that  if I heard his answer correctly

Actually he answered that "I did my job".

Schiff also pointed out that Morrison also went to the lawyer and not his superior.

In fact I can't see how anyone who supports the military and is a true patriot of America, even the most partisan could not fail to be moved by this summing up by Schiff regarding the attacks on Vindman.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/20/19 at 05:18:03

Wearing a uniform doesn't mean you're above reproach or that you're not a fool. Using a uniform as a shield is cowardly.

Bottom line to this whole debacle is summed up in a couple of simple questions and answers I heard one congressman ask the only guy who, as far as I know, spoke to both Presidents, and that was Volker.

Did Trump say to the President of Ukraine they'll be no aid unless you conduct some type of investigation that implicates Joe Biden's son (in some manner that implicates Joe himself. ) The answer is is a clear no.

Did the Ukraine President understand he was being asked to conduct such aninvestigation or aid would be withheld? The answer is a clear no.

Everything else that's been talked about are opinions from individuals with their own perspectives not just of this event, but a wider view of US foreign policy. Which by the way,  their job is to conduct the policy desires of The President.

The Democratic Party has made attempt after attempt to overturn an election they can't understand losing. This ridiculous impeachment, which  is guaranteed to fail, sets up future scenarios where a House majority will routinely hold impeachment hearings to remove opposition Presidents.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #21 - 11/20/19 at 05:30:58

The only thing that has changed is your standards.   The crime is clear.   This harm aside, any other President would have resigned after it was reveled he had stole money given to a veterans- lacking that shame, he would have been impeached in short order.

Your judgement and ethics have been compromised, or have ever been malformed.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/20/19 at 05:41:43

WebsterMark wrote on 11/20/19 at 05:18:03:
Wearing a uniform doesn't mean you're above reproach or that you're not a fool. Using a uniform as a shield is cowardly.

Bottom line to this whole debacle is summed up in a couple of simple questions and answers I heard one congressman ask the only guy who, as far as I know, spoke to both Presidents, and that was Volker.

Did Trump say to the President of Ukraine they'll be no aid unless you conduct some type of investigation that implicates Joe Biden's son (in some manner that implicates Joe himself. ) The answer is is a clear no.

Did the Ukraine President understand he was being asked to conduct such aninvestigation or aid would be withheld? The answer is a clear no.

Those are blatant lies.  Anyone who has any ounce of common sense can see a clear pressure/bribe/quid pro quo - whatever you want to call it - happening.  How many more need to come out and express their concern?

He is guilty - no matter what his supporters wish.

Everything else that's been talked about are opinions from individuals with their own perspectives not just of this event, but a wider view of US foreign policy. Which by the way,  their job is to conduct the policy desires of The President.

The Democratic Party has made attempt after attempt to overturn an election they can't understand losing. This ridiculous impeachment, which  is guaranteed to fail, sets up future scenarios where a House majority will routinely hold impeachment hearings to remove opposition Presidents.

Again, this isn't about the election - it's about trump wiping his a$$ with the Constitution.  He is not above the law and he will will be tried.

If pompeo leaves his side, game over.  All his allies will be gone and it'll be a nixon all over again.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #23 - 11/20/19 at 06:20:19

T And T Garage wrote on 11/20/19 at 05:41:43:
Again, this isn't about the election - it's about trump wiping his a$$ with the Constitution.

By his own account, Mark doesn't care about the Constitution, the Republic, democracy, or the rule of law- his declared reason for voting for Trump was the hope of fomenting a culture war in which his side rose victorious.  He's a nut.   There's no point in discussing facts, the record, or rationality with someone so far off the deep end their hope for our country is war.   He'll toy with reason and facts only so far as he can leverage them to his insanity; integrity of thought isn't a vulnerability he's susceptible to.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/20/19 at 08:04:19

‘Everyone was in the loop’

In his opening statement, Gordon Sondland, U.S. ambassador to the European Union, testified to the House Intelligence Committee that there was a quid pro quo in President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, and that Trump, his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were all in on it.

“I know that members of this committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a ‘quid pro quo’?” Sondland said. “The answer is yes.”
“Everyone was in the loop,” Sondland continued. “It was no secret.”

Sondland specifically called out Pompeo and members of the State Department.

“They knew what we were doing and why,” he said.

Sondland said that Giuliani relayed to officials that Trump “wanted a public statement from President Zelensky committing to investigations of Burisma and the 2016 election. Mr. Giuliani expressed those requests directly to the Ukrainians.  Mr. Giuliani also expressed those requests directly to us. We all understood that these pre-requisites for the White House call and White House meeting reflected President Trump’s desires and requirements.

“Mr. Giuliani’s requests were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit for President Zelensky,” he testified. “Mr. Giuliani demanded that Ukraine make a public statement announcing investigations of the 2016 election/DNC server and Burisma. Mr. Giuliani was expressing the desires of the president of the United States, and we knew that these investigations were important to the president.”

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #25 - 11/20/19 at 09:55:15

Back in the day, the question was "what did the President know, and when did he know it?"   Today the question is "what does the public know, and when did they know it?"   The crimes are not hidden- all that is left to resolve is how long those in the know will persist in denying the rising Sun.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #26 - 11/20/19 at 13:53:31

@Mavigogun, the meta crime will be watching the Senate throwing out all reason, and going all in with Trump. This is the constitutional crisis that they never wanted to be put into, but the only way out for them now is to wade fully into the fetid swamp corridors of what passes for Trump's mind.

The GOP spin tumbler has already exonerated Trump because Sonderland quoted Trump saying 'no quid pro quo'. Trump exonerated by his own quote, classic insanity. Never mind that Sonderland stated in no uncertain Terms what was required.

I don't think that the Democrats have pushed the fact that it was the announcement of the investigations into the Bidden, not the investigations per se. It has been mentioned but it's more of a big deal than it seems, because the *only* point of an announcement is to use for a campaign advertisement.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 11:36:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ivanovitch mentioned in Trump/Zelensky call

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.