ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: BMW 1,800cc Cruiser
Reply #15 - 11/19/19 at 06:10:06

Dave wrote on 11/16/19 at 03:58:14:

The guy in the video gives me the creeps......not sure why they think "HE" is the right guy to promote their product.

------------------------------------------

Because he ain't your typical old greybeard that already owns a Harley and will never buy a BMW.  Because he doesn't wear his phone on his belt.  He keeps his phone in silent mode instead of that obnoxious ring tone that startles everyone around him whenever a spammer calls him. Because he could be gay or straight.  Because he is well-spoken, without being arrogant or pompous.  He represents what younger generations value.  

They are marketing to a generation that is more accepting and tolerant than your KY folk.     Wink WinkGrin  

Let's face it, we are a dying market..literally!  He's not.  I'm a 51-year-old married white guy with no tattoos or piercings. I have no problem relating to that guy or old guys like you and me.  Getting along is only as hard as you make it.

I'm also very sick and tired of the overly sensitive PC crowd.  Whining about everything that can be taken in a negative context and being so judging of anyone who says anything not in line with their own beliefs is so hypocritical.  Preaching tolerance but not practicing it is such a turn-off.  Shame on you peoples for that.  Angry

We need more shepherds and less wolfs.  

EDIT:  Dave, this shouldn't be read as an attack on you.  I didn't read much into your OP.  I'm just pointing out what I think BMW is going for and it's not old guys like us.   Smiley

« Last Edit: 11/19/19 at 10:16:49 by ohiomoto »  
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #16 - 11/19/19 at 06:46:50

I commend BMW for making something different than what they have. It will be interesting to see who actually buys the bikes.
Hopefully they use the platform to create a more 'standard' model, something along the lines of their R9T.
Gotta wonder about an 1800cc air-cooled bike.
As for the guy in the ad? I'm sure they spent a ton of time/money/research figuring out who to use to appeal to their target audience.
Face it, at one time you got tattoos to stand out, now you get them to fit in.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 11/19/19 at 07:35:28

I have t-shirts I regret...
I could never get a tattoo... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #18 - 11/19/19 at 10:14:29

Armen wrote on 11/19/19 at 06:46:50:
I commend BMW for making something different than what they have...

---------------------------------

I agree.  I'm not a cruiser guy myself, but that BMW is not your cookiecutter HD wannabe, which is exactly what they wanted.   Credit where credit is due.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - 11/19/19 at 11:38:56

Yeah it's always best to hire a tattooed meth head to sell your bikes , at least he had teeth ! But I like the bike cause it's different. $$,$$$

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 11/20/19 at 11:31:58

Real BMW motorcycles are black or tan with white pinstriping. They have exposed cylinders, low slung exhaust, VW Beetle carbs and an open drive shaft.

And they died off with the R69.

If they just have to bring back THE best touring bikes ever made, bring back the R50, with a slight over bore and a longer stroke. Say 800-900cc, focus on torque output and final drive ratios. Give it a proper thin seat with good under seat suspension. Stiff chassis, real metal bodywork. And a functional kicker and centerstand. You know, real motorcycle parts...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 11/20/19 at 16:33:30

WD wrote on 11/20/19 at 11:31:58:
Real BMW motorcycles are black or tan with white pinstriping. They have exposed cylinders, low slung exhaust, VW Beetle carbs and an open drive shaft.

And they died off with the R69.

If they just have to bring back THE best touring bikes ever made, bring back the R50, with a slight over bore and a longer stroke. Say 800-900cc, focus on torque output and final drive ratios. Give it a proper thin seat with good under seat suspension. Stiff chassis, real metal bodywork. And a functional kicker and centerstand. You know, real motorcycle parts...

Hey there WD !
Long time man, how you doing ?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #22 - 11/21/19 at 16:11:31

Fine and dandy peachy keen craptastic... you?

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 08:05:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › BMW 1,800cc Cruiser

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.