Send Topic Print
timing chain (Read 43 times)
roddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

timing chain
11/05/19 at 17:10:30

hi. i'm a new owner of a 2012 s40. it has 5500 miles on it and shows no evidence of ever been apart. what sounds come from the engine when the tensioner is at its maximum length? i don;t know how it was treated it's first 1k miles. the next 4k it was ridden by a lifeflight nurse.thanks, roddy

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: timing chain
Reply #1 - 11/05/19 at 19:03:15

roddy,  the first 1,000to 1,500 miles the bike is just braking in, If you have good compression the chances are the bike was not abused,  and you shouldn't need to think about the chain being stretched until about 10,000 miles, I wouldn't worry unless you start hearing unusual noise from the valves(louder) or feel unusual vibrations, different from each side ( place the side of your feet against the side cases) from the lower end.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
roddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/06/19 at 17:37:00

thank you for your reply. i was glad to read that. i hate to take wrenches to all those unscarred bolts etc. i always wondered how the assembly people for any parts were able to assemble  things without leaving any marks. any thoughts? thanks again, roddy

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 11/06/19 at 18:24:51

Using the proper size tools , and if use  six point wrenches and sockets rather than 12 point might help, you might also change to Hex head bolts . You might find a company that supplies a kit to replace them all.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 14:17:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › timing chain

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.