Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Rainy day Fun
10/09/19 at 07:03:55

Finally have some time to finish up cleaning the carb on my '02. The weather calls for rain all day, actually all week so I'm hitting the shop. Since the bike runs but stalls out at half throttle I'm guessing the main jet is the problem. Just going to drop the bowl and float and work on the carb while still on the bike. I'm still running the air box and really don't want to drop the carb unless it's necessary.
 Rainy Day Fun  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Rainy day Fun
Reply #1 - 10/09/19 at 12:53:21

Got it working after two or three teardowns. Found the idle jet pretty much plugged up with crud and used a torch tip cleaner wire files to open everything back up. Don't know if it was part of the problem but there is a vent on the side of the bowl running to an orifice at the bottom of the bowl which was plugged solid. Still raining so no road testing till later.
 Once back together it fired up on the first crank and sounds good up and down the throttle.
 Love the smell of burnt hydrocarbons on a rainy day.  Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/10/24 at 22:27:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rainy day Fun

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.