Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stalling during deceleration (Read 39 times)
Lucihellraiser
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hudson Valley
Stalling during deceleration
09/23/19 at 12:06:31

I have read through several threads with somewhat similar issues, but I am unsure if that is what is going on with my bike, or how to troubleshoot to rule things out.  I have a 2013 s40, only been riding  for 3 weeks, but up until this past weekend I was not having any issues.
The first time it happened was this past Friday, a colder morning than what I had ridden before, early morning temps down in the 50's but in the mid 60s when I went out.  Started with the petcock on prime, choke out, let it warm up maybe 5 minutes as I forgot something inside. Once warmed up, switched to on, choke in, and took off. First intersection i came to, I am in 1st, and I stall. I figure I am new and just didnt give it enough throttle, so I start up again and go on. But it happens again two more times as I am slowing down at intersections. The third time it doesnt want to start up again. I give it a couple tries, and am able to get it to start, but I let it sit for another 5 minutes to be sure. get going again but stall 2 more times, both when slowing down at intersections.  At this point I was advised to adjust the idle speed up, but only a little bit.  So I did, about a quarter turn. Stalled one more time, this time slowing down into 3rd. So i did another small turn, and got the rest of the way into work, without a stall. The day heated up, near 80. When I left work I stalled again twice at the very start of my ride. The next day, within the first mile, I stall at an intersection. So I switched it to Prime and didnt stall again the rest of my ride. the next day, same thing, regular start up in prime and choke out, switched to on for ridding and a stall withing the first mile. switched back to prime, and no more stalls. Does this sound like the vacuum petcock issue that seems common, or am I idling too low? are there other things I should check for?  

The Devil’s Daughter
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Stalling during deceleration
Reply #1 - 09/23/19 at 13:09:15

Yes, it sounds like the petcock issue.

WWW   IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #2 - 09/23/19 at 14:25:05

Versy,
Nailed it again. Smiley

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 09/23/19 at 15:05:39

PS... not good to idle on the sidestand for 5 minutes...
One, your pipes will blue,... two, the cam will oil starve.
Three,... ... the cam will oil starve...
Better to ride  gingerly with choke on till warmed up.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 14:43:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stalling during deceleration

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.