Send Topic Print
Front fender screws (Read 72 times)
BoognishButters
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Front fender screws
09/13/19 at 09:25:46

hey all! I’m new to the forum and the Suzuki savage.
Wanted to buy a “big boy” bike but I’m not exactly big and wanted a bike I could tinker on if I needed to. I was sold on the savage after reading this forum and pretty much seeing all of the helpful folks willing to give priceless information to a bike newb like myself. I’ve done a few minor fix up touches to my 2001 ls650 but one thing has me bothered...

My bike was sold to me without a front fender or the screws for said fender. I do love the fenderless look but, I bought a used fender on eBay just to be complete in case my commute ride starts kicking too much crap into my face. Well, the seller, as expected, did not include the mounting screws!!

Ive done enough research on the oem part number and where to get them online. Paying 12 bucks for four screws and then waiting for them to ship just doesn’t feel right. What size is this screw? I just want to go to Home Depot and get the darn thing mounted.
Sorry for the simplicity of the question. Just would like to eat the fender I paid for mounted

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Front fender screws
Reply #1 - 09/13/19 at 09:31:03

Don't eat your fender.  Just go to your local ACE Hardware store and ask someone to help you find the bolts you need.  They will probably grab a handufll of metric bolts and see which ones fit.  $0.80 later you should have what you need.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 09/13/19 at 11:09:12

I think I have some loose fender bolts in the shop that I can throw in the thread gauge and tell you what thread/pitch size the bolts are so you will know what to get at ACE.  Note that even if ACE only has the button head allen bolts in the right thread/pitch those are adequate as well.  A lot of us those button head allen bolts under the rear fender (for additional clearance for larger tires).

I'll check down in the shop when I get home later this afternoon.  

Also, update your profile with your city/state. You never know who here may be close by you with parts and/or help right around the corner.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #3 - 09/13/19 at 12:55:47

I believe they ate M6 bolts with a 10mm shouldered head. As for the length I'd guess 10-12mm

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #4 - 09/13/19 at 14:16:16

The length is 16mm Smiley

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
Hiko

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tauranga New Zealand
Reply #5 - 09/13/19 at 14:24:50

Yes 16mm long 6mm dia 1.0 mm pitch hex head with spring washers under

Hiko   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #6 - 09/16/19 at 14:33:24

I did attempt to look...but I had a nice pile of bolts and the fender bolts weren't nicely separated as I thought they were.     Huh

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 12:22:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front fender screws

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.