Replacement Carb (Read 60 times)
NewbieThumperBobber
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Replacement Carb
08/23/19 at 02:22:53

Hi guys and gals

Am looking for a replacement carb for my 1985 Savage, can anyone point me in the right direction for a new replacement carb that will pretty much be a direct replacement. I don’t mind spending a little more and getting a better carb....

Thanks.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Replacement Carb
Reply #1 - 08/23/19 at 04:34:12

I thought 1986 was the first year for the Savage? Huh

The only source for an OEM easy bolt on carb is Suzuki.....from your local dealer or an online Suzuki parts retailer.  It will be $580 from Bike Bandit.
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2017-suzuki-boulevard-s40-ls650bl7/o/m15...

You should be able to clean and replace needed parts on your carb far cheaper.  About the only thing that can ruin the carb is serious corrosion, or failing to get the idle fuel/air mixture screw out without stripping the soft brass screwdriver slot.

Aftermarket carbs work - but they are not as easy to get bolted on and don't connect to the stock airbox easily.  Lancer sells the easiest replacement carb in the Marketplace on this forum, and he includes the needed throttle cable, cylinder mounting flange, and a cone air filter.  It is the closest you will find to being easy.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Replacement Carb
Reply #2 - 08/23/19 at 10:41:40

If you don't mind spending more for a better carb I'd go with Lancer's setup.  The best part is you would be spending less.

Of course cleaning/replacing parts on the old one is most likely cheapest.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338654578

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 10:26:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement Carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.