SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Behave
Reply #15 - 08/02/19 at 09:00:48

T And T Garage wrote on 08/02/19 at 08:52:06:
So glad we're moving on.....

LEAD..........

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 08/02/19 at 09:04:17

raydawg wrote on 08/02/19 at 09:00:48:
T And T Garage wrote on 08/02/19 at 08:52:06:
So glad we're moving on.....

LEAD..........

Watch.......

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/02/19 at 09:06:09

"However, the child who often hides behind his skirts"

This is what I am talking about.  Starts out there and progresses until some moderator does something and then it restarts.

All of these threads have various content some false, some true, some up for interpretation.  It's the personal attacks that reduce the conversation to the point of moderation.  Were the threads hidden based off of inaccurate content?

For instance I have had lengthy discussions with MN or JoG or others about things we don't agree on and those threads have not had moderation because no matter how useless, inaccurate or circular they are, we aren't insulting each other in the process.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/02/19 at 09:24:58

It's the personal attacks that reduce the conversation to the point of moderation.  Were the threads hidden based off of inaccurate content?

Oh, I agree 100%. I absolutely went to personal attacks. Sew has a particular affection for Gabby Giffords so he went to bat for her. I have the same affection for Palin. When I pointed out his error, he rightly backtracked. Our special friend from Chicago did not. I decided to not let that BS stand.

As far as your other point, long before you were on here, JOG and I had a months long exchange on 9/11. We could not have been further apart. However, I respected JOG the entire time and today if he were to ask me for something and I could deliver it, I certainly would and I expect he would do the same for me. That goes for some others I'm on the opposite side of the fence as well. I do not wish ill-will on my little Chicago friend and I'd help if asked but I have zero respect. I donknow anyone on here who does but to each his own.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 08/02/19 at 09:33:16

But, ya'll have fun this afternoon. I'm blowing off the rest of the day and gonna go play golf.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 08/02/19 at 09:37:11

And the answer to the riddle lies in what you just said:  For instance I have had lengthy discussions with MN or JoG or others about things we don't agree on and those threads have not had moderation because no matter how useless, inaccurate or circular they are, we aren't insulting each other in the process.

Do you now see it?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 08/02/19 at 09:50:22

"Do you now see it?"

Yeah, stated it the last 4 times it happened.  I do not however think anyone here is going to stop as everyone knows we could steer clear of personal insults, but some just won't.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 08/02/19 at 10:33:59

Eegore wrote on 08/02/19 at 09:50:22:
"Do you now see it?"

Yeah, stated it the last 4 times it happened.  I do not however think anyone here is going to stop as everyone knows we could steer clear of personal insults, but some just won't.

I could go back to posting my uplifting messages.....
And take the brunt away from everyone else  Grin Grin Grin Grin

To be serious now (very hard for me)  Wink

I feel this mentality is deeply rooted from the installation into the public domain, Political Correctness.

If we go and chart the commonalities of who pushes so called civility in the town square, using PC as a tool to stymie any dialogue, or scrutiny, of beliefs or events, it appears it only favors one segment of society.....

On its face, its disingenuous, and extremely lazy behavior that leads to decay of reasoning, and defaults to only one acceptable belief, free of any challenge.....

For if you breach this "rule" then you have agreed to be chastised, ridiculed, punished....in the town square that is policed by those very factions, that want to stymie any examination into their own beliefs, by those with opposing views and beliefs.....

We have reached a point of boil, very much like the movie NETWORK were folks are NOT going to take it anymore....

Except now those same forces in opposition, AND controlling of narrative, via media or academia, call it hate.....

No....Trump did not goad these folks into HATING....

He just gave them a voice, and the PC folks are being exposed for who they really are.....

And we ALL know as fact, darkness never does like the revealing of daylight.....
No matter how they try and deflect it....

Kind of like the argument brought against BIG oil, against any new green energy ideas, for the oil companies profit too greatly in the way things are now, any new ideas is a challenge to them and their way of life.

Free speech and exchanging of ideas, has been circumvented and trampled, and has created a mind infested with the inability of discernment, from lack of using it....as in, mind numb robots.....

Mind as well buck up for the BIGGEST assault upon peoples right to their OWN BELIEFS and freedom of expression, pursuit of happiness, is ripe, the volcano is erupting, and the swamp is draining.....

It won't be a good time for the weak, or faint of heart.....
This pot has been simmering way too long.

And bottom line, at its very core, this IS what makes America different, we allow such "assaults" and challenges to our way of governing, its why the constitution is often referred to a LIVING DOCUMENT  Smiley

OK....that hurt, I am going back to my Peter Pan mode  Grin Grin Grin Grin          

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:20:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Behave

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.