Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well, At Least They Stuck It To Obama (Read 29 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Well, At Least They Stuck It To Obama
07/23/19 at 14:33:43

It only cost about 15,000 lives, what's the BFD, right?

15,000 Americans Died So Republican Governors Could Stick It to Obama

On June 28, 2012, the day that the Supreme Court upheld most of the Affordable Care Act, the sighs of relief were so loud that they drowned out one part of the Court's decision that has come to haunt the lives of millions of poor people around the country, and that also has come to represent the fanatical refusal of Republican politicians, specifically Republican governors, to associate themselves with anything that had anything to do with President Barack Obama. In his opinion upholding the ACA, Roberts allowed individual governors to refuse to accept the Medicaid expansion in their states. In other words, just because it came from an Democratic president—and because it came from that Democratic president—these governors violated one of the fundamental tenets of state government that date back to the dawn of human greed: they refused FREE MONEY!

Now, in a paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research, four scholars have illustrated the human price of this nonfeasance by Republican governors. According to the paper, somewhere around 15,000 Americans died between the years 2014 and 2017 as a result of states that turned down the FREE MONEY! available to them from the federal government through the provisions of the ACA.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a28472403/15000-americans-died-...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Well, At Least They Stuck It To Obama
Reply #1 - 07/24/19 at 11:25:56

A small price for others to pay so I don't have to be on record supporting a program from someone I don't like.

Seems nobody here wants to talk about the issue, maybe because most the info is in solid black and white, maybe for other reasons.

I have asked multiple times what the benefit of dismantling a program that prohibits pre-existing coverage increases or denial and nobody has ever answered.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/24/19 at 12:26:31

15,000 people (over 3 years) or a 0.1% change in the mortality rate suggests that they are trying to gin up some numbers to create a mountain.
Not enough information is given to evaluate even malfeasance.

WWW   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 07/24/19 at 15:34:30

Eegore wrote on 07/24/19 at 11:25:56:
 Seems nobody here wants to talk about the issue, maybe because most the info is in solid black and white,

Doesn't look black and white to me....

Our estimates suggest that approximately 15,600 deaths would have been averted had the ACA expansions been adopted nationwide as originally intended by the ACA.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/24/19 at 16:09:36

Not all, most and certainly not opinion pieces.  I am talking about actual numbers of US citizens registered to credentialed providers that receive treatment.

I am talking about verifiable provable documentation such as the repeal of the Individual Mandate.  There is no grey area, that is a removal that can be looked up and verified in practice as actually happening.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 14:36:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Well, At Least They Stuck It To Obama

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.