Send Topic Print
Only The Very Best (Read 15 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Only The Very Best
07/23/19 at 14:30:09

So, trump and his advisors, in their infinite wisdom, pick this guy to head the Defense Department:

U.S. Senate confirms former lobbyist Esper as secretary of defense

The U.S. Senate on Tuesday confirmed Army Secretary Mark Esper to be secretary of defense, ending the longest period by far that the Pentagon has been without a permanent top official.

As voting continued, the Senate overwhelmingly backed Esper, a former lobbyist for weapons maker Raytheon Co., to be President Donald Trump's second confirmed leader of the Pentagon.

Esper, 55, received strong bipartisan support despite some sharp questioning during his confirmation hearing by Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren about his ties to Raytheon and his refusal to extend an ethics commitment he signed in 2017 to avoid decisions involving the company.

Warren, a 2020 presidential hopeful, was the only member of the Senate Armed Services Committee to voice opposition to Esper's confirmation during the hearing.

Raytheon is the third-largest U.S. defense contractor.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/u-senate-confirms-former-lobbyist-162336283.html

Y'know, it's funny... we have conspiracy theorists on here that post about how the "government's coming to get us!"- Well I got news for you all - it's not the government, it's this president and his administration.

You love trump so much, even as he's just sh!tting on you (and us) in plain sight and giving us all the middle finger.  He's selling the government to the highest bidder, and all you can say is "maga!".  How pathetic.

Yeah, let's hire a former Raytheon employee to run the DOD!!  There's no conflict of interest there, right????

WTF is wrong with this picture?  Any of you conservative folks out there care to weigh in?  Anyone?

You all b!tch and moan about the "swamp", yet you fill on a daily basis.

smh

"Only the best" ... my big white a$$!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Only The Very Best
Reply #1 - 07/23/19 at 16:45:18

90 - 8 confirmation vote, check out his bio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Esper

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Only The Very Best
Reply #2 - 07/23/19 at 17:21:54

pg wrote on 07/23/19 at 16:45:18:
90 - 8 confirmation vote, check out his bio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Esper

Best regards,

Yay!  Oligarchy!!!!!

smh

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:30:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Only The Very Best