Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What the heck is this?  A melted bike? (Read 221 times)
DesertCat

Re: What the heck is this?  A melted bike?
Reply #15 - 07/19/19 at 15:48:10

At least a stretched out bike can serve a purpose -- it keeps a drag bike from wheelying off the line during a drag-race.  But, alas, I think most of these guys have done it purely for looks and style.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 07/19/19 at 16:23:25

That would allow me to spin out and crash, instead of wheelie and crash.  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
DesertCat

Reply #17 - 07/19/19 at 16:35:11

Serowbot wrote on 07/19/19 at 16:23:25:
That would allow me to spin out and crash, instead of wheelie and crash.  Huh

================

You and me both.  When I was young I fancied myself some kind of drag racer (1970 Kawasaki Mach III H1).  But I was never really any good.  Then later on, with better handling bikes, I fancied myself some kind of road racer.  Once again, I wasn't any good.  About the only thing I can say about my skill is that after 51 years of riding, I'm still alive.   Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 07/19/19 at 18:49:53

DesertCat wrote on 07/19/19 at 15:48:10:
At least a stretched out bike can serve a purpose -- it keeps a drag bike from wheelying off the line during a drag-race.  But, alas, I think most of these guys have done it purely for looks and style.

I love it when I see those fellows bring their stretched bikes to the Tail of the Dragon........318 miserable curves for them!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #19 - 07/19/19 at 20:13:04

Did you ever notice that you rarely see anyone riding one like the first bike, the one that looks like Arlen Ness created an even worse than usual crime against style? But you see them for sale shortly after completion, always with very few miles. It is always nearly the same text too, "The pictures speak for themselves. $48000 firm".

I don't care how ugly you want to make your bike if you are going to keep it and ride it. But there should be jail time for doing that to a bike then selling it a week later because everyone laughs at you when you go by.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 07/19/19 at 21:27:39

Really its a tall bike ,

they have to let the air out of the air shocks to get off them when they stop.   Grin  

Truth be know ,,, the poor feller lost his SIDE-STAND , so he has to set it down on the frame when he want to get off of it.    Grin Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #21 - 07/20/19 at 07:01:53

At least it's a finished (assuming) completed bike however grotesque it may be.
Looking through bike ads is nearly heart breaking seeing all of these abortions for sale. The "project" and "roller" junk people are peddling ought to be a crime. Jackasses take bikes that in many cases are perfectly good running machines and take angle grinders and cutting torches to them, post some blogs and pictures, then get bored or run out of money, patience, skill, time so they want to offload their broke, unsafe pile of scrap for silly prices. And then they probably try it again.
All the while more and more classic bikes go extinct.

If it's a bike that was rotting in the back 40 or junkyard then fine have at it.
But when they post the before pictures of a working running bike and then the after pictures show a pile of spray painted scrap metal for shame.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
DesertCat

Reply #22 - 07/20/19 at 10:12:38

I see this crap on Craigslist all the time.  This Honda 250 deserved a better end than this . . .

Honda-POS.jpg
  IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #23 - 07/20/19 at 10:57:06

I don't know which one of the two is worse now. At least the owner of that Honda didn't do the other usual mod of moving the seat forward several inches then extending the pegs and controls to gain back the lost leg room.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #24 - 07/20/19 at 11:11:40

Last night the wife and I were headed out to dinner, and on the other side of the 4 lane 2 big V-twins passed by....and they both had Apehangers.

Seeing those guys ride by with their arms reaching up to the grips up above their heads - I wondered just how far they can go before their hands and arms are exhausted.  (Seems they need a second set of handlebars at a normal height so they can rest their arms).

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #25 - 07/20/19 at 13:13:39

Well people do want this stupid "cool" thing. It would appear they will go to any lenghts to achieve it.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
DesertCat

Reply #26 - 07/20/19 at 14:05:25

Dave wrote on 07/20/19 at 11:11:40:
Last night the wife and I were headed out to dinner, and on the other side of the 4 lane 2 big V-twins passed by....and they both had Apehangers.

Seeing those guys ride by with their arms reaching up to the grips up above their heads - I wondered just how far they can go before their hands and arms are exhausted.  (Seems they need a second set of handlebars at a normal height so they can rest their arms).

====================

Like this?

ApeHangers.jpg
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #27 - 07/20/19 at 14:47:44

That ape hanger thing pictured is insane. However, I will defend his right to be stupid. Some countries "certify" their bikes, so much so that any mods are illegal. I think Germany might be one of them.

Keep the government off my back!! Smiley

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #28 - 07/20/19 at 15:12:25

DesertCat wrote on 07/20/19 at 14:05:25:
Dave wrote on 07/20/19 at 11:11:40:

====================

Like this?

Nope....not that insane.  They both had their hands about level with the top of their heads (no helmets).

The weird part about this Big Wheel Bagger thingy....is some of the bikes look good when they are parked - but they seem to look pretty silly (to me) when they are being ridden.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #29 - 07/20/19 at 18:09:57

The bike was fine, until the heat melted it...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:30:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › What the heck is this?  A melted bike?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.