Send Topic Print
As predicted... (Read 85 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: As predicted...
Reply #15 - 07/16/19 at 10:28:06

Keep telling yourself that.  But be prepared for the worst.
If he loses it will be a disappointment but that's the extent of it. You won't see mass crying and safe spaces set aside on college campuses for conservatives who just can't grasp how this could've happened like we saw when Hillary lost. Which are still some of the funniest all-time videos!

however, if Trump wins against Harris and the queer guy for example,  it's almost guaranteed  there will be rioting. It won't be just funny videos of people crying, the left will turn violent.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 07/16/19 at 10:50:37

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/19 at 10:21:56:
To you and those that think like you, perhaps.  But to a majority of the country, it doesn't.  The number of new, 18 year old voters in 2020 will be enormous thanks to social media.

How many will grow up and turn away from the rebellious politics of their youth? I did. I voted for Bill Clinton the first time.

Hmm... so even though you're older than me, your first time voting was for Clinton?  Either you lied about your age previously or shame on you for not voting until you were nearly 30.

I myself voted for Reagan on my first "at bat".  Then, I voted for GHW Bush.  I was an "Alex P Keaton" republican, until I saw what became of the republican party.  There are far more 50+ year old dems now than there were in the nixon era.  Be mindful of that.

Then I got married, had a kid and a real job with fiscal responsibilities and reevaluated things. I choose the conservatives / Republican ideology. Do discount that phenomenon as its common.  

I do discount it.  It's not as common as it was - see my statement above.

There is a reason why the saying exist: If you're not a liberal when you're 20 you don't have a heart, if you're not a conservative when you're 40, you don't have a brain.
There's a lot of truth in that.

No, there's really not - especially in this day and age.

People are more connected than ever, for better or worse.  Information, communication, opinion is spread faster than ever before.  I highly doubt that a guy like Kennedy would never be elected to office today.  Neither would nixon.

trump eked out a win in the electoral by about 70K votes.  To think that base is still there after all that he's tweeted is almost laughable.

By the time the democrats coalesce on a candidate, he'll probably have done even more damage to himself.  Whoever that candidate will be will have the upper hand in every single debate.

Where you somehow see his chances improving, I see them declining.  The funny thing is, we're using the same set of variables to make these determinations.  I think it's safe to say, yours are deeply rooted in defense of trump, mine are simply rooted in the facts.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/16/19 at 10:55:24

Hmm... so even though you're older than me, your first time voting was for Clinton?  Either you lied about your age previously .
I'm 58. I didn't say my first vote was for Clinton. I said I voted for Clinton the first time he ran. My first vote would have been for Jimmy Carter as I recall.

or shame on you for not voting until you were nearly 30
Or shame on your for being _______ fill in the blank.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/16/19 at 10:59:15

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/19 at 10:24:04:
And again - how can a sitting president, with this economy poll so low?  Because he's despised by the majority of the people.

How could the hand-picked successor of a president who was so wonderful (as you keep telling me) lose to someone like Donald Trump?

Yes, Obama was wonderful, but Hillary was a terrible candidate.  The polls showed it.  In fact, of the entire republican field, trump was the only one she had a chance of losing to.  We all know how that turned out.  She ran a horrible campaign and trump had a solid base of Hillary haters.

Do polls really matter all that much? If they do, then consider this, Trump is polling higher now than when he was when he won in 2016.

He is?(actually mark, he's not polling higher, but pretty much the same)  Well, that's not a good thing this time around.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/here-s-most-important-number-t...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/16/19 at 11:04:30

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/19 at 10:28:06:
Keep telling yourself that.  But be prepared for the worst.
If he loses it will be a disappointment but that's the extent of it. You won't see mass crying and safe spaces set aside on college campuses for conservatives who just can't grasp how this could've happened like we saw when Hillary lost. Which are still some of the funniest all-time videos!

It was a sad day for America when he won.  I feel for those people.  But, hopefully that will spur those on to push them even harder to get the vote out against trump.

however, if Trump wins against Harris and the queer guy for example,  it's almost guaranteed  there will be rioting. It won't be just funny videos of people crying, the left will turn violent.

No, it won't.  But I understand that conservatives will say anything to put fear in their base.  You're just being you.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/16/19 at 11:04:47

Where you somehow see his chances improving, I see them declining.  The funny thing is, we're using the same set of variables to make these determinations.  I think it's safe to say, yours are deeply rooted in defense of trump, mine are simply rooted in the facts.

I think any fair review of our predictions over the past couple of years would show you read one set of 'facts' that could be taken off SNL and assume they are absolutely true.

I've lost count of how many times you said 'Mark my words, by so and so date, so and so will be in jail."

Seriously, should we go back and check all those times you said this is the end for Trump? He won't win the nomination, he won't win the election, he won't take office, he'll resign by so and so date..... Don't even get me started on my all time favorite you jumping on Don Jr and his perjury for talking to a reporter. That was funny!

No, I wouldn't embarrass you like that. Look, take it from someone like me who lives in Realsville, USA; you need to expand your view a bit. There's no one on here more one sided than you. All of us have blinders on for our side but seriously, yours are as obvious as bright yellow 20' HotWheel tracks extended off the sides of your eyes!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/16/19 at 11:07:16

Do polls really matter all that much? If they do, then consider this, Trump is polling higher now than when he was when he won in 2016.
He is?(actually mark, he's not polling higher, but pretty much the same)  Well, that's not a good thing this time around.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/here-s-most-important-number-t...

Seriously, I don't think you read very well. Trump is polling higher now than when he was a candidate in 2016. The questions pollsters ask of a candidate and of a President aren't the same, but there is definitely a correlation that can be made between them.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/16/19 at 11:07:39

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/19 at 10:55:24:
Hmm... so even though you're older than me, your first time voting was for Clinton?  Either you lied about your age previously .
I'm 58. I didn't say my first vote was for Clinton. I said I voted for Clinton the first time he ran. My first vote would have been for Jimmy Carter as I recall.

"I voted for Bill Clinton the first time. " You left out "he ran".

or shame on you for not voting until you were nearly 30
Or shame on your (sic) for being _of having no shame about myself __ fill in the blank.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/16/19 at 11:12:43

After this last go around with you, I think I've decided you're just not on the same level as me. You don't really know very much. You're been wrong on virtually everything the past couple of years. it's like wasting time talking to Rosie O'Donnell or something.  After my accident, I've been shedding myself of useless things that bring no value and I've done pretty well for the most part. This darn website hangs on however. Have no idea why.

But I can shed myself of you. If you actually show yourself to be right now and then, maybe I'll answer a post of yours in the far future. Hope so. As the Dean of Faber College said "Fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life son". You should take his words to heart friend.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 07/16/19 at 11:16:45

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/19 at 11:04:47:

I think any fair review of our predictions over the past couple of years would show you read one set of 'facts' that could be taken off SNL and assume they are absolutely true.

Well, the 2018 midterms were pretty much spot on.

I've lost count of how many times you said 'Mark my words, by so and so date, so and so will be in jail."

Funny, I don't remember saying that. I remember hoping that.

Seriously, should we go back and check all those times you said this is the end for Trump? He won't win the nomination, he won't win the election, he won't take office, he'll resign by so and so date..... Don't even get me started on my all time favorite you jumping on Don Jr and his perjury for talking to a reporter. That was funny!

Well mark, you must have me confused with someone else, because I wasn't posting on here until after the presidential election of 2016.  Please, feel free to check.

Oh, they aren't done with jr yet - don't laugh too hard.

No, I wouldn't embarrass you like that. Look, take it from someone like me who lives in Realsville, USA; you need to expand your view a bit. There's no one on here more one sided than you. All of us have blinders on for our side but seriously, yours are as obvious as bright yellow 20' HotWheel tracks extended off the sides of your eyes!

Thanks, I'm good.  In fact, I'm in the majority!  You see mark, the only reason you seem to have a problem with me is that I've turned the tables on you and your conservative friends.  The actual truth is, we liberals on here are the only ones without blinders on.  You guys just blame us for what you all do every day.

Anyone who sees these posts outside the "normal group" can see that.

I can see it for myself in going back in the historical posts.  It's fun to look at!  I mean, seriously, you should go back and take a look at how crappy you guys treated anyone with an opposing view.  hilarious!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/16/19 at 11:21:06

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/19 at 11:12:43:
After this last go around with you, I think I've decided you're just not on the same level as me. You don't really know very much. You're been wrong on virtually everything the past couple of years. it's like wasting time talking to Rosie O'Donnell or something.  After my accident, I've been shedding myself of useless things that bring no value and I've done pretty well for the most part. This darn website hangs on however. Have no idea why.

But I can shed myself of you. If you actually show yourself to be right now and then, maybe I'll answer a post of yours in the far future. Hope so. As the Dean of Faber College said "Fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life son". You should take his words to heart friend.

(it's actually "fat, drunk and stupid", but whatever.) . Well I can say this, I am fat.  I'll leave drunk and stupid to you.  Nice try on a parting shot though. (if you could have only gotten the quote right...lol)

Oh, well bless my heart... thank you mark... thank you for your wonderful send off.....and may God bless you....
Grin Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 07/16/19 at 11:24:29

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/19 at 11:07:16:

Seriously, I don't think you read very well. Trump is polling higher now than when he was a candidate in 2016. The questions pollsters ask of a candidate and of a President aren't the same, but there is definitely a correlation that can be made between them.

Seriously, I'm not sure where you get your data from...

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/5/18653800/trump-approval-ratin...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 07/16/19 at 13:24:30

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/19 at 08:45:20:
We have heard for decades the need of another party, but the stranglehold the system held dwarfed any power they might generate to get their foot in the door, starting with Ross Perot.....

Ray; Trump was essentially a third party candidate. The Republican Party did not want him, but they were forced by the demands of their voters to accept him.

I agree.....and his act resonated as a extension of that disenfranchisement.....

Now, its getting like a rerun, and vulnerable to another perceived outsider who can grab that energy which is still very strong on both sides who dislike all the drama and BS, grandstanding, while real problems beyond personality conflicts, get ignored....    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 03:17:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › As predicted...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.