Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Bike died on the way to work this morning (Read 291 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Bike died on the way to work this morning
Reply #45 - 07/04/19 at 10:11:13

Will do. Thanks.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #46 - 07/04/19 at 17:14:52

Issue resolved. There were was only one wire that looked bad, it was inside of the turn signal fixture. I peeled to see if it was broken but it was not. I taped it up and taped just about every other wire that goes inside the head light and problem appears to be resolved. I will carry fuses with me just in case and if it happens again somewhere I may just disconnect that turn signal in order to make it home.

I wanted to take care of some other things while I've got the tank off but I may wait a week or so as I gashed a couple of my fingers last night while preparing a brisket. The fingers are a little sore and the one that took the brunt of the knife hit starts bleeding if I use any strength in the finger. We'll see how the fingers feel tomorrow. Brisket was good!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #47 - 07/05/19 at 11:42:28

From short, to sharp.....  Huh Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #48 - 07/05/19 at 13:50:58

I guess I haven't finished. I just adjusted the valves. 2 were good and 2 were too tight. I was about to put the tank back on when I remembered I also need to install the raptor petcock. So, time to take a break cause it is too hot. Will try to install the petcock later in the evening.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #49 - 07/05/19 at 19:32:32

Petcock and new fuel hose installed. Also new breather hose? Hose that goes from the cylinder head to the air box. And new oil and filter.  Took a quick, short ride and smells different. I guess it is the hoses. Anyway, as Raydawg said, "It's a wrap"!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:32:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Bike died on the way to work this morning

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.