Boo Hoo? (Read 8 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Boo Hoo?
06/17/19 at 15:51:18

Should we feel sorry for this kid?

Harvard rescinds offer to Parkland gun rights activist after racist messages surface online

http://news.yahoo.com/harvard-rescinds-offer-to-parkland-kyle-kashuv-racist-s...

Kyle Kashuv, a Parkland, Fla., shooting survivor turned gun rights activist and conservative pundit, was set to attend Harvard University next year.

But Kashuv announced on Twitter Monday that the school rescinded its acceptance offer after racist messages he exchanged with other students months before the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School surfaced online.

“We were 16-year-olds making idiotic comments, using callous and inflammatory language in an effort to be as extreme and shocking as possible,” Kashuv, now 18, tweeted on May 22. “I’m embarrassed by it, but I want to be clear that the comments I made are not indicative of who I am or who I’ve become in the years since.”

Three days later, William R. Fitzsimmons, Harvard’s dean of admissions and financial aid, sent Kashuv a letter asking him to explain himself. Kashuv responded with a lengthy letter of apology, saying he had matured since posting those messages and does not “recognize the person who wrote those things.”

“My intent was never to hurt anyone,” he wrote. “I also feel I am no longer the same person, especially in the aftermath of the Parkland shooting and all that has transpired since.”

But then you dig a little deeper behind it:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/03/the-parkland-provocateur-kyle-ka...

“The more prominent he got, the more I was bothered by his hypocrisy,” Ariana Ali, one of Kashuv’s classmates, said about him recently. “He pretends to be this God-fearing, squeaky-clean type, but everyone who knows him knows that’s not who he really is.” Who he really is, according to Ali, is a bigot. According to another classmate, Kashuv “used the N-word frequently,” both in text messages and in person. A different classmate said, “He was obsessed with ranking which women were most attractive, by race. Out of nowhere, he’d go, ‘Wanna hear my racial ranking system?’ ” Political disagreements are one thing, Ali said, “but Kyle’s behavior was way, way over the line.” Ali had several more anecdotes attesting to this. She also, as they say, had the receipts.

On Twitter, Ali posted a video of Kashuv and some of his classmates chatting on a Google Doc in December, 2017. They were supposedly studying for their A.P. American-history midterm, but, around midnight, the review session went off the rails. At first, the attempts at humor were innocent enough. (On one page, the names of the Federalist Party and the Democratic-Republican Party were changed to “Fed boyos” and “Demdem Reppy swag.”) But Kashuv’s contributions were more unhinged. He referred, in capital letters, to “my jewish slaves.” Elsewhere, he wrote the N-word eleven times in a row. “I’m really good at typing” the word, he explained. “Practice uhhhhhh makes perfect.” The same day that Ali put the video out on Twitter, Kashuv posted a statement announcing his resignation from Turning Point. A few days later, he tweeted another statement. He acknowledged having used “callous and inflammatory language,” but he didn’t apologize. A Turning Point spokesperson called Kashuv’s comments “unacceptable” and “un-American.” (Kashuv declined to comment.)

This is key - "Google Doc in December, 2017"

That's not "years" ago - that's barely a year and a half ago.

But yeah, he's changed?  

Nope - I don't buy it.

Karma knows no bounds.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 01:13:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Boo Hoo?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.