Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Remove the White Spacer? (Read 81 times)
VortecCPI

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Remove the White Spacer?
06/06/19 at 08:30:37

According to this article it is suggested to remove the spacer in its entirety.  Has anybody done this?  The reason I ask is that my wife's is still just a tad lean at part-throttle inputs so the needle needs to come up a bit.  Right now I have the stock white spacer down to half thickness.

"Getting back to your Savage 650, Coney, here's how we can specifically cure its problem. We need to richen those two areas of the curburetion curve that are factory set on the ridiculous side of leanness. Remove the diaphragm slide from the carburetor and look down inside its bore. Two small screws hold a plate over the slide needle.
Removing the plate, you'll see a small, white plastic spacer with a hole through it sitting on top of the needle. Throw that spacer away and reinstall the plate. A spring under the needle clip will now push the needle up to the plate occupying the space vacated by the white spacer. The distance that the needle has been 'lifted' is the thickness of the discarded spacer - and that's ideal. With the needle raised, more fuel will flow by it, meeting the actual needs of midrange running."

http://bruceclarkemexico.tripod.com/ls650.htm

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Remove the White Spacer?
Reply #1 - 06/06/19 at 08:33:56

Removing the white spacer entirely will probably result in the bike being too rich.  If you remove the spacer - replace it with 3 washers that are #4 Machine Screw washers.

My 2007 was still a tad lean at part throttle...removing 1 of the washers and running just 2 washers made it run great and eliminated the lean surge I had at low throttle settings.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1104205157

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/06/19 at 09:28:58

If you have an ACE HArdware nearby,.. a #4 teflon washer is equal to .6 of the stock one and fits perfectly.  They can come in black or white
(very fashionable) Grin
Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 06/06/19 at 16:12:52

If the wife's bike is "almost there" at half spacer .removing completely sounds like overkill , I'd just try sanding  of the half remaining slightly more , (maybe 1/4 or less of the remaining half) If yoiur mileage  ts above 45mpg your probably OK(heavy handed) ,if it dips below that ,low 40's your probably to rich.

« Last Edit: 06/07/19 at 04:16:26 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 02:15:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Remove the White Spacer?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.