Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Act 447: Should Poland pay Holocaust compensation? (Read 169 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Act 447: Should Poland pay Holocaust compensation?
05/24/19 at 12:18:38

Read this before making up your minds
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Poland_(1939–1945)
Now read this...
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/05/rethinking_restitution_a_case_fo...
Now this...
https://www.newsweek.com/poland-ww2-stolen-property-compensation-restitution-...

This is likely an unpopular perspective...
http://pressmania.pl/an-open-letter-to-the-us-ambassador-in-poland-mrs-george...

I agree with the Polish protester with the sign that reads, “USA, Practice 447 at home. Return stolen lands to the descendants of native tribes.”
Note: I couldn't link the picture of him because the internet censors or actively cracking down on all content from the POV of Polish citizens. So the video of this has been blocked.

I have no personal disinclinations towards Jewish people but I am half Polish and that half of me says this time the Jews are barking up the wrong tree. Poland is the last place they should be panhandling for guilt money IMO.

As for Act 447, way to go Trump. we really need more dissent, protests and bad international relations. Like we need a hole in our heads. Why does the US have to force other countries to pay Jewish people money for the Holocaust? I mean isn't this technically their problem? Or am I being naive?

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Act 447: Should Poland pay Holocaust compensat
Reply #1 - 05/24/19 at 12:25:20

When I first saw the plans for the Holocaust Museum in DC the first thing that came to mind was a Slavery Museum in Germany, and a Native American genocide museum in Poland.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #2 - 05/24/19 at 12:55:19

What sickens me to no end is the pitting of these two victims of ethnic cleansing against each other and the inevitable argument of who suffered more.
And now the Western press is painting Poland up as anti-semitic holocaust deniers. Shame on them. Just when you think the world can't sink any lower...

Here's some more cheerful history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_crimes_in_occupied_Poland_during_World_War_II

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 05/24/19 at 13:40:51

It is beyond belief that anyone can any inclination that Poland owes anyone anything.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #4 - 05/24/19 at 13:58:40

He said Jewish people have received more than $35 billion in war compensation from Germany, while the Poles have received less than $2 billion, adding that “this all shows that this is about money.
https://www.apnews.com/c6e45441ab584043a8f6cca1b82941c3

ANd regarding the Nazi collaborator comment...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szebnie_concentration_camp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapo_(concentration_camp)

The nerve of people...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 05/24/19 at 14:01:16

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #6 - 05/24/19 at 15:44:50

pg wrote on 05/24/19 at 14:01:16:

Exactly. The Poles and the Jews were only part of the master plan. They were the only part of the plan that was actually realized with any partial success. Imagine the world now if occupied France was treated like Poland was with the same brutality and sadistic efficiency.

History aside what about tomorrow? If Poland was to pay 300 billion to Israel then who’s next? Are the rest of WWII German occupied countries also responsible for reparations to holocaust survivors?
The rest of these countries?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German-occupied_Europe
In all fairness....

What about the South American countries that harbored Nazi fugitives?

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #7 - 05/26/19 at 17:35:36

https://m.jpost.com/Diaspora/Quarter-of-Israels-Holocaust-survivors-living-in...
Moreover, although Germany pays retribution to survivors, those who moved to Israel after 1953 do not receive these benefits,
because the agreement that was signed between Israel and Germany was in 1952, and the Israeli government decided to compensate only those who moved to Israel prior to 1953 when payments began.

And.....

Asked about why these survivors have slipped through the cracks, she said that there are several factors that contribute to their situation – including the fact that survivors just don’t know about their benefits and what they’re entitled to, what forms to fill out, how to fill out the forms, or where to hand them in. She also pointed out that “forms to the Germans need to be in German or English.”

Um, Google Translate? Honestly though if the survivors of the holocaust in Israel are not getting help from their own government for such easily solved problems how is more money going to help? It seems to me these people aren’t even being given any of the billions already paid by Germany all these years. Yet somehow 300 billion dollars from Poland will get to these poor people who IMO are being victimized again by their own people.
WTF?

Reparations are bullcrap. Whether holocaust or slavery or whatever. It’s all a humongous scam. Don’t believe the hype.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/27/19 at 04:59:10

Has there ever been a situation where reparations were paid and there was a provable study showing the cash healed the old wounds?

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #9 - 05/27/19 at 07:01:04

That’s a good question. None that I’m aware of.
Was there ever a situation where the victims were told to pay reparations to other victims? If so I wonder how well that played out.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #10 - 05/27/19 at 08:56:42

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #11 - 05/27/19 at 09:44:02

Excellent article! Good find Ed L!
If I read it correctly it essentially a case of what is usually attributed to Neo Nazi groups - revisionist history. But coming from those who are usually against such a thing. Wow!
And how the president signed off on such an act is shocking considering the underhanded manner in which it bypasses normal voting procedures.
It truly is nothing more than simply greedy extortion. For the benefit of those who’ve already been compensated an staggeringly enormous amount of money already.

This is an outrage!

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #12 - 05/28/19 at 19:32:58

Now Poles are being attacked by Twitter.
https://stopacts447.org/a-massive-attack-on-twitter-accounts-of-polish-diaspo...

Because the people of Poland haven’t been attacked enough...

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #13 - 05/29/19 at 11:39:08

Interesting read about the accounts getting suspended, it makes me wonder whom or what organizations are behind it. Seems that once something gets out to the echo chamber of the internet it will never go away.  Sad

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #14 - 05/29/19 at 12:23:49

Not only that but it literally gets echoed over and over and over.
Social media has been trying to paint a right wing extremist slant on this scenario so if you search “act 447 protest” the results bring up dozens of news stories with the words “hard right Polish protestors etc.”
Then if you read these stories it’s clearly the same story written by the same writers over and over and over.

They’re working overtime to put a spin on this that makes the average Polish or Polish/American is a ultra right wing antisemitic hate monger.
It’s truly pathetic and while the internet is spammed with this nonsense the other hand is restricting the free speech of the people who are against the Act. Even the Jewish holocaust survivors who’ve spoken out against it themselves. I read somewhere that many of them think attacking Poland like this is wrong. Now that stuff doesn’t show up anymore...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 12:27:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Act 447: Should Poland pay Holocaust compensation?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.