Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just for the moment...... (Read 64 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Just for the moment......
05/31/19 at 08:35:56

I was talking to my wife while soaking in the hot tub last night, and we got around to Trump ( musta been the hot water  Grin )

I told her I would like to see Trump NOT seek reelection (not that I would ever expect him to do so, other than a illness).

She then asked who would I hope would win the next election?

That was a real stumper, when I thought about it.

Who I like, as a person, and who can do this JOB in today's climate, are two distinct entities.....

I think the BIGGEST negative re: Trump is his personality, so we know that is part of the equation, yet, it really can't solve problems and issues.

I must admit, I am not strong on any top tier candidates presently, I think Biden has a lot of the old school charm/personality.....
But not sure the mettle it will take to be president.

The younger folks don't seem so keen on salesmanship being a virtue, more of ploy that has led this nation to be bought, and sold, by the monies of the rich.

Anger, not sure is that is a good asset, or motivator either.....

When I whack my thump with a hammer, usually the actions that follows are not my best characteristics being displayed.......

I am hoping in my heart, wishing, if you will, Howard Schultz wins in a 3 way race......

But right now that pony isn't even on the card, it seems.  

Maybe he will let all the blood flow, then mount up a charge late in the game, which, I believe if Biden had done 2 years ago, he would have won.....I dunno.

Anyway.....anybody want to venture a guess with Trump removed from the equation?

Is there another dark horse out there that isn't even on the radar screen?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Just for the moment......
Reply #1 - 05/31/19 at 10:34:51

We just need to encourage his fried chicken habit...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 05/31/19 at 10:42:39

Look Bot, you asked for civility, etc.....
Then you post a snark to my serious attempt to engage that civility.

If you can't example that of which you request in others, then you really can't expect change, can you?

Yes, I get its fun, I like doing it too, but the dam fails, starting with just a small crack.....

Think about it.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/31/19 at 11:29:46

That Should leave a mark.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 05/31/19 at 12:47:31

Is fried chicken personally insulting to you?...

Yo comprendo "personal insult"?...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 05/31/19 at 12:52:05

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/31/19 at 11:29:46:
That Should leave a mark.

Yep........

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 05/31/19 at 15:33:02

Serowbot wrote on 05/31/19 at 12:47:31:
Is fried chicken personally insulting to you?...

Because, the way it was posted,
as a comment to the previous post,
Yes it is.

It infers that you wish the current POTUS,
to have a fatal heart attack.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 05/31/19 at 15:57:28

And that's not okay?...  Grin

MN,.. you and Dawg both need to figure out what "personal insult" means...
Trump is not an SS.Com member... and that's good because we'd have to ban him for all his "personal insults"...
I am not wishing Dawg a fried chicken coronary.  

...and even Trump doesn't have to die from one.

Try lightening up a little.
There's humour in man that only eats the cheese and toppings off a pizza and throws away the crust.
He's a dietary time bomb...and I made a joke about it.
Get over it. Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/01/19 at 04:31:18

Yet Trump's checkups show him in excellent health. He's just one of those people with high energy, good health despite eating what he wants. I worked at a company once that was bought by Roger Penske. Yes, that Roger of Indy500 fame. The story was he gets up a little after 4 most mornings and goes full bore until 11 that night. He's brilliant too. I heard how he came into our conference room and shredded our VP's like they were children. He knew more about their business than they did. Now there's a guy who'd make a great President!

Back to Ray's point, Biden is flaming out. I think he already regrets agreeing to run. He does not have Trump's natural energy. There's no f'ing way he can go through the campaign Trump will put him through. My bet is he fades and then comes up with some excuse to drop out. (all the cute little girls will be glad he did....)

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 06/01/19 at 07:21:39

That was pretty harsh what Bill Maher said, Biden looks like a person you see on a coin  Shocked

I think many folks try and escalate what Joe does to disqualify him, like what he said to that young girl.....

I do not believe for a second that it makes him a perv, etc.....

However, his actions were/are, generational in the sense, in a time it was acceptable for guys to offer words thought as complimentary.....

In a society where it focuses on trying to find the wrong in others to justify being a victim, as a excuse to their own misery, etc.....

Joe makes a great target, like removing old statues will somehow solve the issues with the past, removing a old white man from politics seems to dove nicely with that reasoning....

Web, can you offer me any vague hunch/guess to a candidate who might come out of nowhere to win this thing?

Recall at this point in time 2 years ago Trump was still a joker, some might say he still is.....but seems those folks have yet to realize the joke is on them  Grin     

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 06/01/19 at 09:16:38

WebsterMark wrote on 06/01/19 at 04:31:18:
Trump's natural energy.

That energy that has him sitting in bed watching Fox News and tweeting half the day away,... using up his "Executive time"...
Most slothful President ever...

9 hours of ‘Executive Time’: Trump’s unstructured days define his presidency
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/29/trump-daily-schedule-executive-time...
"The president’s schedule shows huge swaths of his day unplanned, allowing his whims and momentary interests to drive White House business."

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/01/19 at 21:00:41

Yea right, you wish. Its 11 PM and Biden's been asleep for 3 hours, 2 of which habe been spent dreaming about the Olsen Twins.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 10:26:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Just for the moment......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.