Good read...... (Read 38 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Good read......
05/16/19 at 19:31:01

Puts some perspective on the riddle why Joe is winning in a party narrative that seems at odds with who he is.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/14/joe-biden-2020-226872

If you read the comments, you will see it seems a lot of division exist in the party presently, but will it jell if Joe gets the nod....
It seems the question that just doesn't have a pat answer?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Good read......
Reply #1 - 05/17/19 at 04:21:37

No, it won't gel if Joe gets the nomination.

You really think the AOC arm of the Democratic Party is going to get out for Uncle Joe Biden? I can't see Biden doing what Trump did. Trump faced massive opposition from the Republican Party (he was basically a third party candidate) but managed to drag them kicking and screaming into his tent due to the passion of his supporters. Think what would have happened if Jeb Bush would have hung around and got the Republican nomination. You think those few hundred thousand voters in those 5 key states (who have flipped back and forth between Rep and Dem votes in the past) would have gotten out for Jeb Bush? Not a chance.

There are 20+ egomaniacs running on the Democratic side. Surely one of them will not be able to resist the temptation and they'll revolt from the Party and go it alone. Maybe Bernie will grow some balls this time (so old they're no doubt hanging by his ankles at this point) and maybe he'll be the one to go it alone. He was too cowardly in 2016 but this is his last shot. But someone will split the vote and hand Trump 4 more years.

Right now, I think Harris is the only one who could pull enough Dems together to seriously challenge Trump. Things change of course and its still early but she's the only Democrat who scares me in 2020.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/17/19 at 07:38:02

she's the only Democrat who scares me in 2020.

They all scare me.
Every Day.
But if I could point out the GeenIus of A.O.Crazy, did anyone else see how she's trying to backpedal out of her
Twelve years to get global warming addressed rant?
Anyway, back to the show.
The new
MeToo movement ..

That one's running for president
Well
MeToo!

Here's what lefties don't want to talk about.....

They Know what a great job Trump is doing,
But they could come out as queer bank robbers and not get destroyed socially as badly as if they admitted Trump is the best president they have seen.
Now, in Public they Have to maintain
Hate Trump...
Ahh, but in the voting booth,,
How many vocal, antiTrumpers will pull him close and whisper,
Yes?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 05/17/19 at 07:40:20

Web, you were the only one here who called it right, of course now some say they knew it would be so because Hillary was a flawed candidate   Huh

Maybe where you live/work, etc, you get a better perspective on reality, a better pulse, as its a fact where one spends his time, living, reading, working, etc, taints and persuades their reality.....

I was certain Trump would lose, and also, Bernie was getting my attention, boy has that changed  Grin

You bring up some very good points to consider, thanks.

I think Harris could bridge lots of those folk together, in the party, but I feel she could not reach the "blue collar" voters, the ones Obama I think called bible and gun folk, and the race card, even with Black folks, given the fact Trump's approval numbers with them has risen, has been beating (race card) to a point that many folks are just tired of its hollowness....

I know in the scope of things, my experience is moot, but when I left Boeing last year, I had a half dozen of close Black guys I worked with....
I would say it was about 3 and 3, those born in the states, and those who came from another country, but they were all for Trump....

When querying them the consensus was they did not like being "lumped" together by their race, and told they needed others to assure their success in life. These guys were very independent and strong willed, and determined to be in charge of their own destiny....
They were a inspiration to me. They gave me my own retirement party, just these Black guys, I was moved!  

As to the other 20 plus egomaniacs.....

As evidenced here by a very unbiased news organization  Grin
They know that is a problem, and they are trying to provide solutions, but will these folk listen, or go and pout, taking their ball and going home?  

I think too, to me this is baffling, the two top candidates are old white guys, lump their numbers together, for only one can win, and that is a insurmountable number to the rest of the field....
How can that be, old white men are so republican....????  Huh  

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo offered the growing field of Democratic candidates advice on how to defeat President Donald Trump in 2020.

Cuomo began by pointing out the "obvious problem" with the entry of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio in the presidential race which marks the 23rd candidate running and jabbed the mayor for having less support than "the New York Jets."

"At least half this field is seen as having no path to the nomination and while there is a benefit to diverse voices and competing ideas, the goal is to win," Cuomo told the Democrats. "So the question is whether making history for the most people in a primary may attribute to them making history for losing to one of the least popular and most divisive presidents in modern history."

The "Cuomo Prime Time" host urged the Democratic Party that they have to "figure out what it is about and then who it is about."

He then offered a "proposition."

Let's just call out an obvious problem: 23 Democrats running. At least half this field is seen as having no path to the nomination. While there is a benefit to diverse voices and competing ideas... the goal is to win.

"One of the biggest criticisms of this president is actually a criticism of his administration, how they govern, complaints about how his cabinet is not just 'only the best.' It is almost none of the best and mostly 'the rest,'" Cuomo continued. "So what if this group of Democrats were to put the 'we' before the 'me?' And after this first phase of everybody trying to figure out who's better than whom and rising to the top and changing the current polls, what about after that? When they go into the convention, they all organize themselves into a slate, a truly united front. Voters aren't just voting for POTUS and VPOTUS but also picking an attorney general, secretary of defense, treasury secretary, whatever they can fill out in a responsible way."

The CNN anchor reminded them that the cabinet would "still have to be confirmed" but "at least you would have people being vetted in a real way" by the media.

Cuomo also acknowledged that his idea was "far-fetched," yet pointed to New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker's deputy campaign manager making a donation to New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's campaign to help secure her slot on the debate stage and told his viewers that's a "sign" of solidarity.

"23 Democrats want to be president, only one is going to get the nomination. Whoever it is, they're going up against an incumbent with die-hard supporters," Cuomo said. "If the Democrats' goal is to retake the White House, they have time, but it has to be well-spent... Is this party and these people here about a pageant and personal gain or about really getting a win for the team?"

The question is, will people listen to this advice, and will CNN still even be in business, in 2020  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/17/19 at 07:42:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/17/19 at 07:38:02:
she's the only Democrat who scares me in 2020.

They all scare me.
Every Day.
But if I could point out the GeenIus of A.O.Crazy, did anyone else see how she's trying to backpedal out of her
Twelve years to get global warming addressed rant?
Anyway, back to the show.
The new
MeToo movement ..

That one's running for president
Well
MeToo!

Here's what lefties don't want to talk about.....

They Know what a great job Trump is doing,
But they could come out as queer bank robbers and not get destroyed socially as badly as if they admitted Trump is the best president they have seen.
Now, in Public they Have to maintain
Hate Trump...
Ahh, but in the voting booth,,
How many vocal, antiTrumpers will pull him close and whisper,
Yes?

How many go into a restaurant wearing a MAGA cap?   Grin

Again Jog, GREAT POINT!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 05/17/19 at 07:55:58

More......

Will they listen?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

“As an American, I don't like this man as a President of our country. I love being an American, but I don't feel he represents me and I don’t like that. Even with other presidents that I've disagreed with, politically, I felt like, OK, I can live with their representation, but I'm sick and tired of everybody wringing their hands about this… let's just settle this at the next election,” Letterman told Geist. “Let’s just stop yacking about what a goon he is.”

And once again David, well said.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 05/17/19 at 08:05:42

Add one more......  Grin

The push is on. Somewhere the big money who invest in the democrat party, seem to be pulling their strings.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/443767-joe-biden-can-win-the-white-house

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 05/17/19 at 08:07:17

The Democrat party will split,
Between the AOC/B.S. types, and the J.B. types
(Justice Democrats/Democrats)
15 - 20%.

The candidate that gets the Democrat party's endorsement.
Will be the J.B types.
75-80%

The AOC/B.S. types, will run on their own, in some obscure 3 party.

The Amy Klobacher types, are in it just for the money.
Build their personal, 'war chest', drop out.
And have a whole bunch of money left over to play with.

The election, I agree with JOG.
"Now, in Public they Have to maintain
Hate Trump...
Ahh, but in the voting booth"

my 3 cents. (Inflation)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 05/17/19 at 09:06:04

MnSpring wrote on 05/17/19 at 08:07:17:
The Democrat party will split,
Between the AOC/B.S. types, and the J.B. types
(Justice Democrats/Democrats)
15 - 20%.

The candidate that gets the Democrat party's endorsement.
Will be the J.B types.
75-80%

The AOC/B.S. types, will run on their own, in some obscure 3 party.

The Amy Klobacher types, are in it just for the money.
Build their personal, 'war chest', drop out.
And have a whole bunch of money left over to play with.

The election, I agree with JOG.
"Now, in Public they Have to maintain
Hate Trump...
Ahh, but in the voting booth"

my 3 cents. (Inflation)

You are prolly right....
I was listening to Howard Schultz a lot, even contacted the campaign, but since Joe got in, he has pulled back on committing any further to running, citing they would pretty much carry the same voters.

I am not sure about that, but they must have data that suggest such. He says if a progressive gets the nod , he will run as a independent.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 23:09:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Good read......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.