Send Topic Print
This is why.... (Read 253 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: This is why....
Reply #45 - 05/11/19 at 08:09:09

If you don't answer the question, they won't accept the return. I think it's a bit more complicated than just saying you will not face repercussions over the Obamacare tax. A zealous prosecutor can do what he wants. A good rule of thumb to apply if you think you own something that is taxed, don't pay the taxes and find out who really owns it.

And yes, when the government confiscates your money, they are confiscating your property. Regardless, it may be a moot point soon.  

For the 2018 filing season, the IRS‎ will not accept electronically filed tax returns where the taxpayer does not address the health coverage requirements of the Affordable Care Act.‎ The IRS will not accept the electronic tax return until the taxpayer indicates whether they had coverage, had an exemption or will make a shared responsibility payment. In addition, returns filed on paper that do not address the health coverage requirements may be suspended pending the receipt of additional information and any refunds may be delayed.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #46 - 05/11/19 at 08:25:02

Took a long time to get to,
your money, is, your property.

All in defense of a past POTUS who,
Forced everyone to buy something, then,
penalized them, if they did not.

Isn't their another name for that ?
Does it start with a 'S' ?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 05/11/19 at 09:08:30

"A zealous prosecutor can do what he wants"

So are you saying you think that even if the law very specifically says you are to be fined they will charge you with a felony?

I think that's an overreach just to make the ACA requirements seem more dire than they are.  You can not be prosecuted for a felony, which is a crime, for not reporting health insurance in your tax filing.  Given I have worked in this field for decades I can assure you, no part of failing to have health insurance will get you jail time.

People just want to propagate those rumors to make the ACA and Obama look worse.

This post is about health insurance.  Only tax requirements for health insurance and no other tax requirement.  Specifically and only health insurance.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 05/11/19 at 10:31:41

Okay. If that's your field and you're positive your position is correct, I'll yield to your expertise and not repeat that and will correct if I hear that repeated.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 05/11/19 at 10:53:09

I cant say I am positive my position is correct regarding the potential for future prosecutors to somehow turn a tax return withholding into a felony, but I can say there is zero precedence for it.

This is specifically for fines regarding health insurance and only heath insurance.  Not other IRS fines.  Only health insurance.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 14:56:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › This is why....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.