Pswartz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Nebraska
Hitch mount carrier
04/24/19 at 06:52:19

Hi All,
Has anyone tried one of the hitch mount carriers that uses a ramp like one of these --
https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Anti-Tilt-Carrier-Motorcycle-Scooter/dp/B019RI0NS4

I don't have a pickup, but do have a older Pathfinder and a Honda Pilot that both have the 2" receivers.
I'm just looking for a way to safely transport my bike to the shop.  Nothing long distance right now.

Thanks for the valuable input you all provide!!

2004 Stock Savage, 1996 Savage rebuild project, 2000 Intruder 1400 rebuild project
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Hitch mount carrier
Reply #1 - 04/26/19 at 06:32:51

If your just transporting to a shop I see no reason it wouldn't work, but the fact that this type has only one connection point makes it kind of a balancing act ,and the bike may tend to rock when moved on anything but smooth roads. It might be better to rent a U-Haul truck/trailer .

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/26/19 at 06:58:05

I have seen these used around motocross tracks over the years.  The people were pretty happy with them.  Just make sure your hitch is worthy.

IP Logged
Tracce
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Victoria TX
Reply #3 - 04/26/19 at 08:21:09

I looked at the reviews and some of the people reviewing said that this model will actually wobble, that the ramp will come off if the carrier is not perfectly level, etc.  One reviewer even pointed out that it is not for cruisers, saying:

"(SEE PIC) It says right on the instructions "Not for use with street bikes, cruisers, or sport motorcycles"… so what IS it for? Scooters, dirt bikes?

Regardless the instructions saying that, I have used this to haul all of those. I wouldn't haul anything heavier than a 250cc though.

I have changed my review to 4/5 stars. I originally gave this product a much lower rating/review, but I feel that when it was new it shifted a little until it finally settled (after several uses). It has since given me little to no problems and is a good sturdy solution for hauling a small motorcycle."

It looks like it is a pretty good price, but i don't think a fall from that height could be good for a 350 lb bike.

That being said, it is your money, your bike, your choice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 16:00:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hitch mount carrier

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.