Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I went to the Indian demo ride event today. (Read 168 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: I went to the Indian demo ride event today.
Reply #15 - 04/14/19 at 04:48:43

I don't know about the market in your area - but in the Cincinnati area you can buy incredibly nice used bikes in the $3,000 - $5,000 range.

It jut takes some time shopping to find the right bike.  There are a lot of folks that bought bikes and then found out they don't like riding, or had life changes that keep them from riding.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #16 - 04/14/19 at 06:50:00

Springman

I went to look at the Royal Endfield Twins  (48Hp/420#/<$6K)  at the Nashville dealer one day last week .    The Dealer said the factory can't make them fast enough to keep up with sales world-wide.   There must be something good about them ?    He'll call when he gets one .   It comes in two versions.

I just sold the GS500 I had to a long-legged young man who loves it.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #17 - 04/15/19 at 03:10:56

The new Enfield twin I am excited for also.  Finally a common sense motorcycle.
Not a rocket ship.
Not a over done adventure bike.
Not a sha na na Harley want a be.
Just a motorcycle...  Smiley

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/15/19 at 05:40:21

Matchless G11 wrote on 04/15/19 at 03:10:56:
The new Enfield twin I am excited for also.  Finally a common sense motorcycle.
Not a rocket ship.
Not a over done adventure bike.
Not a sha na na Harley want a be.
Just a motorcycle...  Smiley
---------------------------

Right on!!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #19 - 04/15/19 at 07:46:09

Springman ,

Did ya go back for another ride ?    You been wanting one of those little Indians for a long time .

Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #20 - 04/15/19 at 14:54:15

No, I was busy on saturday and it rained a bunch so I did not go back. I do like the Scout, but even used the best price I have seen in the area is around $9K which is just too much for me.

Maybe one of these days I'll buy a lottery ticket! Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #21 - 04/15/19 at 15:04:24

You can get some decent bikes in this area in th $3-5K range. I just haven't found the one I have to have, yet.

The Enfield's do look interesting.

The quandary in which I find myself is that one day I say I want another light bike, the next day I say get the heavy one while you can still muscle it around. So I seem to like the Honda CB500X on one end, and the Yamaha V-star 950 (or even the 1100) on the other end.

The other potential issue is that my youngest son, with whom I have been car pooling for the last 4 years is graduating from college next month and has already started his after college job meaning we can no longer car pool. Meaning I may have to buy a new car. Right now I have been riding the bike in to work on good weather days and my old 05 Saturn Vue on bad weather days. I am considering putting some money into the Vue to make it more of a daily driver, but I need to have a good hard look at it first to see if it is worth it. Roll Eyes

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 04/16/19 at 06:15:58

There are a lot of elderly folks who have cars 10-15 years old with very low milage and many have been garage kept their whole life so are in excellent condition.  Usually regular maintenance is typically been done so not many surprises.  And they are usually priced at a very reasonable level.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #23 - 04/17/19 at 14:32:57

Lancer, you have a good point there. Unless I get in a bind where I have to buy immediately, I will probably just keep an eye out to see if anything worthwhile at a decent price catches my attention.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 04/17/19 at 20:25:57

Springman

My Aunt is trying out my 150K-mile S-10 extened cab now , if she changes her mind about it being her truck ... then you can have it for $2500 (Family Rate).   Its a good 2003 truck with lots of miles left in it .   It just not the pertiest thing in the world but its not bad.   19.5mpg is my problem with it when I can get a Colorado with 27mpg.  

I like the Honda 500 Rebel too ... but ... I like the simplicity of air cooled machines and a lot of excess HP don't matter to my way of seeing things.

Heck , I like the 300 Rebel , Endfield Himalaya , Kawasaki 800 twin , etc   too !  Smiley   looks like  fun machines !

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:21:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › I went to the Indian demo ride event today.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.