Carburetors (Read 50 times)
mitchracing
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Paradise CA
Carburetors
03/27/19 at 23:29:53

So I went to put a jet kit in the carb as well as make the modifications suggested in these forums but the screw at the slide is stripped.
I could replace that, or get a whole new carb to start with so that if I drink out the other one and screw up I have backup-  
Questions-
-I see three different carbs online when trying to purchase new.   Will they all interchange and which one is best?
- is there another carburetor out there that is better ?  Perhaps from another bike like the Honda XR-650 dirt bike?  Will it fit?

I’m looking for the best performance with the least hassle
I am
Using an aftermarket filter so it only has to mate up with the intake manifold/boot.

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Re: Carburetors
Reply #1 - 03/28/19 at 04:16:09

Several options.  I have been running the Keihin 38mm PWK carb and like it.  I have had lots of these on my dirt bikes and other bikes and they are easy peasy.

Mikuni has its version and Im sure many others will chime in with what they use.

They are for sale all over and I threw a couple on my website as well.

I forget what the carb side of the throttle cable looks like, but it may need to be altered or replaced as well.

https://dcmotive.com/products/keihin-38mm-pwk38-carburetor

WWW   IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #2 - 03/31/19 at 06:29:31

The screw is soft brass and is easily stripped. Get the old one out and a new one will thread right in. Be aware of the position of the spring, washer and o-ring.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/31/19 at 08:39:59

And be aware that the female threads in the aluminum carburetor body that have been exposed to atmosphere AND not filled with the brass body of that adjuster will be difficult to thread into. Some time soaking and cleaning could save time rasslin.
Turning the brass screw in to make room and screwing something with hard threads in as far as you can without screwing something up might be a good idea.

Just put a real penetrating oil in, let it sit a while and see how it goes. If it jams up, then you will know why.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 08:27:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carburetors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.