Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Conservatives: which is more important? (Read 441 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Conservatives: which is more important?
Reply #60 - 03/26/19 at 10:03:03

What good is capitalism, politically speaking, if the prosperity is not used for the greater good of the citizenry?...
Without some social equity, it is just a haven for billionaires...

Jesus H Christ man.... look around you. Wherever you are, look around you and tell me this is a haven for billionaires....

Like Lost, you only choose to see the dark side and never the much larger, brighter side.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #61 - 03/26/19 at 10:23:59

Serowbot wrote on 03/26/19 at 08:48:37:
 is just a haven for billionaires...

Isn’t that the Country of Belize?
Where their is NO extradition to the USA.

Where, reportedly, are 48 of the top 50,
billionaires...
of the former Enron Co ?.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #62 - 03/26/19 at 10:30:08

Funny,... you both assume I'm speaking specifically of America....

We're talking about the general concept of capitalism...

Jump the gun much?...  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #63 - 03/26/19 at 10:30:10

MnSpring wrote on 03/26/19 at 09:41:42:
LostArtist wrote on 03/25/19 at 19:10:44:
okay, that's actually pretty good, however, not really what this thread is about.  But I don't totally disagree with that video

You first asked: which is more important?
Democracy or  Capitalism  

Those are two different things.
Democracy is a Political system, with some economic features.
Capitalism, is a Economic system, with some political features.

It would be like asking the question,
of fruit lovers;
“which is more important?, a Apple or a Orange”

Thus I posted a link, which I thought was very good,
about someone else’s description of,
government/political entries.
(which one of the, 'ether/or', things is not a political system)

So go ahead tt, and SLAM away,
just because my POV is not the same as yours !
(I am totally prepared to be called a Nazi by tt,
and told this post looks like a ransom note.
Or perhaps that I am a,  moron,
maybe even a, naive little boy)

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I've already been through this, you can still rank different things according to your personal preference.  

I prefer a drop down sun visor in my helmet over a ratcheting chin strap,

I prefer Apples more than oranges... both of which are the same thing, FRUIT so maybe try some other example next time...

I prefer yellow over a internet meme..

etc....  

and I already responded to your posted link, if you start a new thread I'll participate in it, as I didn't totally disagree with it and there are things worth discussing about it.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 03/26/19 at 10:32:09

WebsterMark wrote on 03/26/19 at 10:03:03:
What good is capitalism, politically speaking, if the prosperity is not used for the greater good of the citizenry?...
Without some social equity, it is just a haven for billionaires...

Jesus H Christ man.... look around you. Wherever you are, look around you and tell me this is a haven for billionaires....

Like Lost, you only choose to see the dark side and never the much larger, brighter side.

quit talking like you know me, you egotistical greedy a$$ . <--- see the irony?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 03/26/19 at 10:47:37

Serowbot wrote on 03/26/19 at 10:30:08:
Funny,... you both assume I'm speaking specifically of America....

We're talking about the general concept of capitalism...

Jump the gun much?...  Huh

Fine, expand it to the broader world. The world is a far, far better place than ever before. That's due to freedom and capitalism.

https://www.humanprogress.org/article.php?p=1779

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 03/26/19 at 10:49:31

Practically everything you've said in this thread Lost has been geared towards pointing out the inequities, the poverty, the unfairness. Now, you're either doing this in a liberal attempt to try and make a point with a conservative or you naturally see the glass as half empty.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 03/26/19 at 11:58:40

WebsterMark wrote on 03/26/19 at 10:49:31:

Practically everything you've said in this thread Lost has been geared towards pointing out the inequities, the poverty, the unfairness. Now, you're either doing this in a liberal attempt to try and make a point with a conservative or you naturally see the glass as half empty.

nope, where have I pointed out any inequities, or poverty or unfairness? I've never used any of those words in any of my posts here until now....  even when I told my story of being a failure in capitalism, I never said it was unfair, or that I was in proverty or felt treated poorly, just that capitalism doesn't work for me, personally

you started out refusing to even accept the premise, but there was no premise, just a ranking option....  then you all but attacked someone as being a "closet liberal" all this negativity.....   and you blame me for being pessimistic?  Then you all re-defined the premise...  and yeah I got lost in that and helped...  

I asked to rank democracy and capitalism, a conservative reworded that to Profitability and equality....

conservatives brought the negativity into this conversation

anyway.....

just pointing out that the differences between liberals and conservatives is that conservatives mainly care about the economy...  

"dignity and fundamental rights of the individual, to achieve social justice, foster the .... social development of the community, strengthen the cohesion of society and enhance national tranquillity, as well as to create a climate that is favourable for international peace."  

those are at best a side effect to a conservative, they aren't even really concerned with making those the actual goals of the government. conservatives see everything through an economic lens

here's the reality, as backed up by this thread

conservatives = $$$$$$

if you see a negative value associated with that, then that's YOU, as Eegore might say,  so maybe look into yourself to see why you might be doing that...

conservatives see a positive association with a profit motive, that being selfish and greedy is good, or it at least leads to the greater good via a convoluted system of trickle down and all ships rising....  where some of us, well, why can't we just do the greater good directly? Not saying to dismiss capitalism, but, maybe make it priority 2, or 3 maybe....  

idk, just some thoughts

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #68 - 03/26/19 at 13:13:28

"who said anything about making LESS money???? you really read into things don't you? "

You did when you said:

" I guess a better way of phrasing that would be:

would rather have more Equality with less Profitability or more Profitability with less Equality?"

How else am I to assess that statement?  You literally say "less Profitability", so is Profitability meaning something other than money?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #69 - 03/26/19 at 13:20:35

Eegore wrote on 03/26/19 at 13:13:28:
"who said anything about making LESS money???? you really read into things don't you? "

You did when you said:

" I guess a better way of phrasing that would be:

would rather have more Equality with less Profitability or more Profitability with less Equality?"

How else am I to assess that statement?

well, I guess you could take it that way.... I was thinking more on a systematic/national level, not an individual level, like a system that emphasizes equality more and profitability less, but individual levels would be determined by each person's/company's individual circumstances

and remember, that was me trying to rephrase your rephrasing of my original question and we both missed what I was trying to say originally...  yeah, most of that's on me, I got all caught up in the conversation...

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #70 - 03/26/19 at 13:22:53

oh and for the record, conservatives aren't wrong that capitalism has been a really really really powerful movement for positive change and movement towards equality....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 03/26/19 at 13:51:18

I guess I don't see enough similarities between Capitalism and Democracy to say I would prefer one over the other since in my situation they are both present and as far as I know more inclusive government programs require more money.

If the basic idea is I can state I want more Equality, and also not lose money through taxation, reduced economic growth, or infrastructure funding reductions then it would be ridiculous to say Capitalism comes first, simply because my local economy wouldn't be effected.  

When you say "emphasizes equality more and profitability less"

What is "more Equality"?  As far as I know we already have 1 vote for every legally registered person.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 03/26/19 at 14:07:38

conservatives = $$$$$$

Not true. I told you I've turned down offers for more $$$$ because I value my family life more. I've offered jobs to people who have turned them down for the same reason. You're default believe about conservatives is wrong. $$$ is far from the primary driver of everyday life.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 03/26/19 at 14:18:11

WebsterMark wrote on 03/26/19 at 14:07:38:

conservatives = $$$$$$

Not true. I told you I've turned down offers for more $$$$ because I value my family life more. I've offered jobs to people who have turned them down for the same reason. You're default believe about conservatives is wrong. $$$ is far from the primary driver of everyday life.

maybe...

for you and your personal life, sure, make whatever choices you want...

but for government or for others....   money is your concern.  

tax cuts and deregulation = more money

if morals were your main concern, you wouldn't have voted for Trump... or Clinton, you probably wouldn't be very political at all

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #74 - 03/26/19 at 14:38:20

Eegore wrote on 03/26/19 at 13:51:18:
 I guess I don't see enough similarities between Capitalism and Democracy to say I would prefer one over the other since in my situation they are both present and as far as I know more inclusive government programs require more money.

If the basic idea is I can state I want more Equality, and also not lose money through taxation, reduced economic growth, or infrastructure funding reductions then it would be ridiculous to say Capitalism comes first, simply because my local economy wouldn't be effected.  

When you say "emphasizes equality more and profitability less"

What is "more Equality"?  As far as I know we already have 1 vote for every legally registered person.

so as long as YOU have it, that's enough..... and no, we don't have 1 vote fore very legally registered person, not all legally registered people go vote, some are purged from the registration for partisan reasons, some can't get rides, some don't have "proper" ID...   denying felons the right to vote for the rest of their lives... you know, as a deterrent (what a joke) and not all who are eligible to vote, register to vote,

so maybe the association of equality has a strong aspect of inclusiveness in it, maybe?

and again, the original question IS a ranking question, not either or, not that one subtracts from the other.....  just which do you consider to be more important in general everyday life, yes, you have both....  I have a helmet with BOTH a drop down sun visor and a ratcheting chin strap, I like the drop down visor more

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 20:24:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Conservatives: which is more important?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.