In a nutshell....... (Read 97 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
In a nutshell.......
02/28/19 at 08:31:13

In a time where we spend so much of our effort on making sure the pie is evenly divided, that we are assured of our slice.....
This observation really highlights the truth of not sitting around the table, grabbing for (y)ours, when we can be doing so much more to ascertain the outcome in our lives.....

The man who rolls up his sleeves seldom loses his shirt. - Stephen Covey

Using this site as example, we ALL share a common interest, the savage beast, it links us to one thought in mind.....
And to extend upon that commonality, we in a sense, "roll up our sleeves" to maintain this lil' bike, sharing useful stuff, encouraging others, etc....

I believe the wisdom of this above observation is what creates a lot of the success about this site......
Speaking for myself, many went out of their way in sharing, and giving to me, that of which they had......
Mercy, that is just too good to not do a SHOUT OUT  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: In a nutshell.......
Reply #1 - 02/28/19 at 08:56:59

Y E A  !!!!!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/28/19 at 09:01:07

I have well over 20 PM's from members here complaining that I do not personally ride the bikes I ask about on here.

From what I can gather unless the person posting is also the person using the bike they shouldn't be here asking questions.

Here's an example:

"you are an insult to this group and to riders in general. To come here expecting anyone to take you serious when you pay another person to ride your motorcycles for you is an insult to everyone on the forum. Assholes like you ruin the forum"

"Get of your high horse and learn to ride or get off the forums. If you came into my neighborhood wanting me to work on a bike you don't use I'd kick your ass myself."

This goes on for a while.  Not sure why it's an issue for some but it has been a learning experience.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 02/28/19 at 09:14:09

LANCER wrote on 02/28/19 at 08:56:59:
Y E A  !!!!!

YEA...YEA  Grin

( I 2nd your yea )

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 02/28/19 at 09:21:39

Eegore wrote on 02/28/19 at 09:01:07:
 I have well over 20 PM's from members here complaining that I do not personally ride the bikes I ask about on here.

From what I can gather unless the person posting is also the person using the bike they shouldn't be here asking questions.

Here's an example:

"you are an insult to this group and to riders in general. To come here expecting anyone to take you serious when you pay another person to ride your motorcycles for you is an insult to everyone on the forum. Assholes like you ruin the forum"

"Get of your high horse and learn to ride or get off the forums. If you came into my neighborhood wanting me to work on a bike you don't use I'd kick your ass myself."

This goes on for a while.  Not sure why it's an issue for some but it has been a learning experience.

I am sorry you had this experience here, all I can do is say its not true based solely on the premise they speak for the "group"

However, my desire was to post about the positivism this site affords, and focus upon that.....for as like riding itself, if we fixate on a object, dang if we don't drive right toward it, when all along we were trying to avoid it  Wink

Again, as a POS member here, I apologize for another who might be having other issues in their lives, and this was just a spot to vent and release some pent up emotions......

THIS PLACE ROCKS!  Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 02/28/19 at 11:31:20

Eegore wrote on 02/28/19 at 09:01:07:

Here's an example:

Oh man !  That is something that they should have ASKED  you IF "this or that" instead of just accusing.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 02/28/19 at 12:12:13

I good with you just liking our bike. or even just liking being here.
Who cares?...
We just want a nice place to park. Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 02/28/19 at 12:37:01

Serowbot wrote on 02/28/19 at 12:12:13:
I good with you just liking our bike. or even just liking being here.
Who cares?...
We just want a nice place to park. Huh

+1  Cheesy

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #8 - 02/28/19 at 14:48:06

Eegore, Some folks sitting alone at their computer just have to try to cut others down to try to make themselves feel better, or more important!

Ignore them.

As for having someone else ride your bikes to try to get more info,... what does the factory do? Designers don't ride the bikes they design to work out the bugs, full time test riders do. Same with tires, cars, airplanes.......

Some of the best times of my life were driving/working with a guy's Clydesdales. I could never afford to do that on my own ( the harness was $60,000 30 years ago, let alone the horses, trucks, and feed ).

Remember, the guys that sent men to the moon did NOT walk on it themselves.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 02/28/19 at 17:25:05

Remember, the guys that sent men to the moon did NOT walk on it themselves.

Did you just make this up?

If yes, you outta write for Hallmark  Grin

Either way....I'm stealing it  Wink

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 02/28/19 at 18:47:12

I can say that the people who sent me messages griping about my riding habits was definitely not the majority.

I bring it up just to put it out there as most people sent their complaints via PM and didn't call me out in the public forum.

Its easy to be tough behind the keyboard.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 02/28/19 at 20:54:00

I have a Kevlar Kindle.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/28/19 at 21:00:48

"I have a Kevlar Kindle."

The best kind of Kindle!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 03/01/19 at 05:00:42

raydawg wrote on 02/28/19 at 09:21:39:
Again, as a POS member here......

Raydawg:  I believe you have the FSO (Former Savage Owner) status.....the POS status is reserved for those members who are more deserving of the low ranking.
Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 03/01/19 at 05:09:19

You did that so well, Dave.
What a team. Ray sets it up,
Dave puts it outta the park.

Start my day with a smile.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:45:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › In a nutshell.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.