Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Weird Electrical Gremlin after Ryca build (Read 49 times)
JWR4
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Weird Electrical Gremlin after Ryca build
02/26/19 at 10:52:51

After a Ryca conversion, and the neutral or clutch-in start modification, the bike keeps running with the key moved to off. I have to use the kill switch to stop. I've looked long and hard at the schematic, with my mods, and cannot see how voltage from the alternator can get to the coil with the key off. The ignition switch is fine, tested with an ohmmeter.

Has anyone ever seen this?

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Weird Electrical Gremlin after Ryca build
Reply #1 - 02/27/19 at 17:54:58

You feed power to the ignition circuit TWO ways ,from the battery (when starting) and from the battery, or/and,  one of the wires from the output of the voltage regulator ( when running). the problem stems from the fact that the wire from the regulator ties into the system AFTER the ignition switch ,so when you turn it off,  power is still being sent from the  regulator to power the bike.
  Generally that wire is tied into the orange wire leaving the ignition switch ,at the connector on the harness side, or into that line farther up. If you check at the regulator it should be one of the two wires other than yellow(3) or the black/white (ground) . find this wire an remove it to the red? wire (battery power)  going into the switch ,allowing the key to shut off both.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:41:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Weird Electrical Gremlin after Ryca build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.