raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Uncle..... already!
02/10/19 at 17:11:03

Updated Sunday at 3:45 p.m.

Here we go again! In the short-term future, we're tracking two separate storm systems that will bring (at times) high impacts to the Puget Sound lowlands and western Washington.

System #1 (Tonight to early Monday): Snow could come down heavily at times in the lowlands this evening before losing steam and winding down for most by early Monday morning. Anywhere from 1-4" of snow are possible in the lower elevations. Because of this, the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory in effect for much of the area. This new snow will complicate and delay efforts to clear streets from the Friday/Saturday storm. Breezy conditions and cold temperatures will continue. Overnight lows drop to the low-to-mid 20s.

System #2 (Monday midday to late Tuesday/early Wednesday): This second storm system will pack a bigger punch across western Washington. The difficult part about this storm will be determining precipitation type. There could be a mix of heavy snow, freezing rain, rain and sleet in the Puget sound lowlands. This will create extremely hazardous driving conditions. If I were you, I'd play it safe and dry to hunker down Monday afternoon through early Wednesday to avoid getting into an accident on the roads. Anywhere from 5-10" of snow could stack up in the lowlands with higher totals for areas like Sequim and Port Angeles. Meanwhile, 1-3' of snow are on tap for the Cascades with up to 15-18" for the Olympics. There's still a good bit of uncertainty regarding the potential temperatures, totals and impacts from this second system. Stay with KOMO News on all platforms for the latest (TV, radio, social media and our website). Throughout this event, high temperatures will fluctuate in the 30s and low 40s. It could be breezy, too.

For Wednesday, models are disagreeing somewhat about what to expect. Right now, it appears as if some snow could linger into early Wednesday with relatively drier weather thereafter. Time will tell.

On Valentine's Day, I think we'll be primarily dry. Friday and Saturday, a mixture of rain and snow could return to western Washington. We'll track that for you and keep you posted on the latest.

Just no way....please, honest, you guys burn some carbon for me, lots of it, PLEASE   Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Uncle..... already!
Reply #1 - 02/10/19 at 22:47:54

A weather advisory for 1-4 inches of snow? WOW ! That's scary!  Where I live we call anything under 6  inches a dusting! we measure snow in feet ,not inches. A dozen or so years back,  we had 1 storm that dropped 11 ft in 24 hrs .

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 02/11/19 at 01:01:26

Yeah it has snowed twice in the last week here in the Bay Area. Actually stuck for a few days on local ridges that I can see from my driveway. Snow is for postcards , snow is two things I don't like cold & wet. Ca is at 125% snowpack , much more and spring will bring runoff flooding so I agree we have had enough !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 02/11/19 at 05:22:21

Well I got to go out and enjoy the storm......at Park City, Utah!

Twelve degrees and snowy....all day.  Salt Lake City cancelled schools for the first time in 20 years!

I absolutely fell in love with my Milwaukee battery heated vest.  It kept me warm all day long on a single battery - I never used the spare battery in my pocket.

The day after the storm:

« Last Edit: 02/11/19 at 06:44:40 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 02/11/19 at 08:18:36

batman wrote on 02/10/19 at 22:47:54:
A weather advisory for 1-4 inches of snow? WOW ! That's scary!  Where I live we call anything under 6  inches a dusting! we measure snow in feet ,not inches. A dozen or so years back,  we had 1 storm that dropped 11 ft in 24 hrs .

I don't know how you can live in stuff like that....YIKES.

The 1-4 last night was on top of 12" or more already, with a possible foot today later.
I hope not, lots of moisture rolling our way, but from a warmer storm, but who knows....????

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #5 - 02/11/19 at 13:48:27

Dave, You are just north of where I was in August, Midway, when I went to the Salt Flats.
So did you ride the Cafe, or Ninja out there?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 02/12/19 at 09:51:53

IT'S MELTING.......YES, YES, YES!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Kiss

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #7 - 02/13/19 at 05:35:29

I know how you feel. I'll say the same words about April ..... Wink

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 02/13/19 at 09:56:55

Papa Bear wrote on 02/13/19 at 05:35:29:
I know how you feel. I'll say the same words about April ..... Wink

Shocked Shocked Shocked Embarrassed

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 02/13/19 at 10:23:50

You think you got troubles...

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 02/13/19 at 12:35:12

verslagen1 wrote on 02/13/19 at 10:23:50:

Trouble......????

It all depends on your outlook:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1550079756   Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 02/13/19 at 13:02:21

raydawg wrote on 02/13/19 at 12:35:12:

Trouble......????

Outlook is a MegaShit product.  I don't think it's any better than anything else.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 02/13/19 at 14:09:50

verslagen1 wrote on 02/13/19 at 13:02:21:
raydawg wrote on 02/13/19 at 12:35:12:

Trouble......????

Outlook is a MegaShit product.  I don't think it's any better than anything else.

Fine, a case of Charmin for a versy timing chain tensioner  Wink

IP Logged
GOF

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Buffalo, NY
Reply #13 - 02/13/19 at 18:10:08

Youtube vid of lake effect snow pounding Buffalo. This particular storm was in 2014. But we usually get a couple of these in a season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9XNRHxKbg

You see how it looks like it's rising up off the lake? That is exactly what it's doing. Picking up water off the lake and dumping it as it passes over land.

1988 Suzuki Savage
1987 Yamaha TW200
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 18:13:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Uncle..... already!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.