raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Come on summer......
01/25/19 at 08:19:53

I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.....  Grin

This will be my first ever RETIRED summer, sorta.
Yes, I am still working maybe 24 hours a week, but it is mostly my call.
I can arrange to not work, if the fishing is good  Wink

I am just about done remodeling the inside of the house for guest FINALLY.
Then I get to work outside landscape, etc.....
Going to build a new "outbuilding" for all the clutter I took from out of the house, that my wife has NEVER used, but will not get rid of.... Embarrassed
And the boat is all ready for guest to go catch salmon and crabs.
Going to be a real Holiday Inn this summer  Grin

So cool, can't wait to share my piece of heaven with family and friends.
Just a "side note" to show you what I mean.
I shared about my only brothers passing last month, right before Christmas on his birthday.
Well my brother had "another" family, 3 children and a wife, his first marriage....
Things got real ugly, and he left them, I really got in his face, BIG TIME over that bullsheet....
She remarried, he wasn't paying his support, so he gave his kids to another man, BUTTHEAD!
They were 1 years old, 3, and 4, years old.
No contact was ever made with the children by any of us, after this happened.....what do you do in something like this?
Anyway, the oldest child, has a son, who played on the Hawkeyes football team that was coming to the Rose Bowl, a few years ago.
They were all coming out from Iowa to see the BIG game.
She, Heather, decided to try and "find" her dad.
She did.
My brother called me so excited about this, it was really awesome.
So anyway, this contact by this brave child who was already rejected once     Angry   led to a opening of all of us getting back together.
His first wife, her mother, had died, as well as his middle daughter, both to cancer. But his youngest boy, Timmy, who I only saw as a baby is now all grown with kids, etc, and looks just like his dad, my brother.....

So, all of these lost family members will be working their way through Uncle Eddie's house, this summer and whenever.....

I can't wait  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Come on summer......
Reply #1 - 01/25/19 at 17:54:24

So, all of these lost family members will be working their way through Uncle Eddie's house, this summer and whenever.....

I can't wait  

Ray ,  I believe your a BLESSED Man !   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 01/25/19 at 21:29:40

MMRanch wrote on 01/25/19 at 17:54:24:

I can't wait  

Ray ,  I believe your a BLESSED Man !   Wink

I indeed feel very blessed.....and lucky  Grin

If I could just get my wife to retire, then we could really do a lot of great traveling.......soon.  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 01/26/19 at 09:06:28

If I could just get my wife to retire, then we could really do a lot of great traveling.......soon.  

My wife has gone back to work too , so I'm making "Retirement" look like as much "FUN" as I can !   Grin

Sometime I wonder if its in the WOMEN DNA to retire ?  Huh

Ray , if you went on an adventuresome motorcycle ride somewhere would she be mad about working and be retired so she didn't miss the next ride?
But
That could back-fire on ya and ya might end-up "always taking some adventure " ???  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 01/26/19 at 09:18:26

Haha.......

Funny thing, very timely you should bring up a bike ride.

I just renewed my drivers licence last week.
The clerk asked me if I still wanted to keep my motorcycle licence....
I said, no, I sold the bike and my wife won't let me ride.
She looked at me and chuckled.

Well later I looked at my new licence, and she kept my motorcycle endorsement on it....????  

Could this be karma?

The woman knows you can cut of his sack, but that won't really change the way he thinks....????  Huh  

I think she might consider retiring sooner, rather than latter, after she sees her tax bill this year, the girl makes too much money.....

Yeah, I could get me a new thump on her dime, buy me a trailer to pull it behind my truck, maybe even pick up that useless POS Versy, and you flat-landers might get to see how real west coast boys ride that lil' gal  Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 01/26/19 at 18:22:23

raydawg wrote on 01/26/19 at 09:18:26:
Haha.......

Yeah, I could get me a new thump on her dime, buy me a trailer to pull it behind my truck, maybe even pick up that useless POS Versy, and you flat-landers might get to see how real west coast boys ride that lil' gal  Grin

I see the making of the West Coast vs. Midwest  - Group Ride Grudge Match!

(Time for me to get a new set of Sport Demons mounted).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 01/26/19 at 20:48:07

(Time for me to get a new set of Sport Demons mounted).  

Grin

They'll be wore out before ya get there Dave  .  

But

I want to come along and watch !  Smiley

raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 01/27/19 at 09:03:16

I want to come along and watch !   Smiley

Eeeewwwwwww........

You are wanna those guys?  Shocked

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 01/27/19 at 19:52:39

Haha.......

So , this is the year for a western USA bike ride.  

My clock is ticking and I might only have 10 or 20 years left before I retire to "Local Trips only" .     The S-40 is as light as most 250 so I'll keep it till I need a step-through mopad !    Grin

I suggest August so those high elevations won't be so cold .   Huh

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 12:27:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Come on summer......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.