Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2019 Bike Show Hi-lites ! (Read 66 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
2019 Bike Show Hi-lites !
01/18/19 at 21:09:26

Can-am; new Ryker 3wheeler, 600cc Rotax Twin, CVT, no levers, shaft drive, $10.5K can$ really nice.

Kaw; new Z400 really nice, W800 nice but overpriced (does no one at Kaw read history?) The standard seat has a bum stop right where it hurts.

RE not present but 650s will be here in April?

Husky; Vitpilen and Svartpilen, weird looking with footpegs so far back you'll be riding prone !!! Some 401s being blown out at $4995.

Indian FTR1200 looks better than in photos.

Not a lot of other bikes caught my attention other than one dealer had some used bikes on sale;
item; 2017 MG V9 Bobber, 300kms  $7600can$
would have bought it on the spot if I was looking for this size bike.
Waiting for Spring! cheers! Cool

ps; regarding prices, the W800 is up against every other mid-size bike and priced at least $2000 higher. History repeats! A Triumph Street Twin is just a tad higher.

pps: MG has moved from decal logos to cast/stick-on logos on the tank. Every stick-on logo was starting to peel-off! How embarrassing! Embarrassed

« Last Edit: 01/18/19 at 23:17:59 by zipidachimp »  
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: 2019 Bike Show Hi-lites !
Reply #1 - 01/19/19 at 15:02:57

Zipi , Any BSAs yet ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 01/19/19 at 23:12:23

The BSA trademark was just bought last year, bikes are at least 1-2 years out.  The ones to see this year are the RE Twins!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOz3E7qs1M4
cheers! Cool

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 01/20/19 at 08:22:33

Hey Zipi thanks a ton for that video. It was shot in a area called Woodside and Pacific Coast Highway/ HWY 1 , just south of San Francisco. This is the area where I learned to slice n dice on the twisties , it was so close to home I could be there in 20 minutes , so the needless to say I was there a lot ! They didn't show Alice's Restaurant but that's where the video begins. It made me so homesick cause now I live 100 miles from there. Maybe this summer me and the tracker will make it there for a ride. This areas best racers grew up riding these same roads , a natural progression from these roads to race tracks is very common here. Thanks Zipi !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 01/20/19 at 20:21:05

Whenever I get a chance to visit Monterey for Superbike weekend, I try to hit the road from Monterey to Big Sur.
In 2017 I couldn't go any further because a landslide took out both the highway and a major bridge just south of Big Sur. Area is totally friggin' gorgeous!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 14:00:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2019 Bike Show Hi-lites !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.