Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
What's your New Years Resolution ? (Read 404 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: What's your New Years Resolution ?
Reply #15 - 12/31/18 at 08:52:31

My goal is a clean, tidy workshop where everything is in it's place...the floor is clean.......and there is only one project torn apart at any one time.  I want it to look like the photos of the shops where they work on Indy and Nascar racers.......they look like you could eat off the floor.

I have been working on that concept for the last few weeks and I built shelves, bought plastic storage containers and labels - and I have been sorting/packing/tossing stuff for a week.  It will probably take me another couple of weeks to get things organized.

MM:  I will do the Blue Ridge Parkway with you.....pick a week where it is sunny and there isn't any rain! Cool

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Panhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brandon, FL
Reply #16 - 12/31/18 at 09:35:39

I sympathize with JOG.  I always have trouble making decisions and then the resolution idea gets brought up.  hmmm... I never get caught up on my projects because my Savage is too dang dependable.  As long as it keeps running I have trouble letting go of the handlebars long enough to accomplish anything else.  I think I just decided on a resolution:  "Keep On Smilin"".  Hey, wasn't that what Wet Willie suggested way back when?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 12/31/18 at 09:41:15

MMRanch wrote on 12/31/18 at 08:14:10:
So , for the new year :

I'm getting at least one of the "Big things checked off bucket list" checked off .    Don't know which one yet  Roll Eyes .

The list contains :
Bottom to Top on the Blue Ridge
Bear Tooth Pass and Yellow Stone / Black Hills Ridding
Go see Versey in his Natural Environment
Surgis SD.  in August .

Anybody else share any of these items ?

The Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to ......... what do you consider the end of it to be?  

End of the BR Parkway proper, the end of the Virginia Skyline or Washington DC (the end of the stub road that comes after the Skyline) ???

MM, you could get some more participation out of our group by declaring it an Aged Rider Meander an older rider event that actually obeyed the speed limits (more or less).

But then you would have to invite the aged and infirm like Lancer and me to go riding with you if you did the Aged Rider Meander thing, along with all of the rest of them "might drop dead during the trip" sorta riders .......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 12/31/18 at 13:02:24

The Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to ......... what do you consider the end of it to be?  

End of the BR Parkway proper, the end of the Virginia Skyline or Washington DC (the end of the stub road that comes after the Skyline) ???

MM, you could get some more participation out of our group by declaring it an Aged Rider Meander an older rider event that actually obeyed the speed limits (more or less).

But then you would have to invite the aged and infirm like Lancer and me to go riding with you if you did the Aged Rider Meander thing, along with all of the rest of them "might drop dead during the trip" sorta riders .......  

There was a picture that ((Al from NH posted ) ?) of the Northern end over looking a really big Mountain , I think they were on Dual-Sport bikes.  
It looked like it might have been the Northern End ?

That 30 mph speed limit through Va. should be the hardest part best I can figure.  
Its kind of odd about the Savage --- I have to be going at least 45 or so to stay in 5th gear , but the 750 Guzzi will get down to 30 mph in 6th gear (slow but possible).   The Savage with 25 tooth pulley can get down to 30 mph in 3rd gear OK.

I went down the Natchez Trace (50mph Speed-limit) putt-putting along at 55 or so and met at least two rangers who seemed to not care.

So OldFeller , I like to ride enough that I  mostly   obey the speed-limit so I can keep my license .  Roll Eyes  We should probably have a RULE about the Dropping Dead Part .  Grin

Planning the  campgrounds is the hard part for me.

Dave , I'm guessing your thinking of the BMW for a ride like that ?  
or
The Ninja has a big cruse range too ?  and Stew might want to take a ninja ride ?   Makes me think of keeping the GS500, its got a 4.5 gal. tank  Undecided

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 01/02/19 at 05:40:54

Seems like the "official" length is 469 miles.
https://www.blueridgeparkway.org/parkway-map/

Not sure what bike I would bring at this point - depends a lot on what we determine as the best means of getting lodging.  If tent camping is the method we use - then the storage on the BMW is going to be needed.  If we decide to stay in hotels or cabins.....then the little Ninja is a possibility that would not be nearly as comfortable.

Getting to Cherokee and back is a 7 hour trip for me.....and the 469 mile Parkway is going to be a 1,000 mil trip by the time you ride up and back and make the little side trips to get fuel, get lunch, see the touristy stuff.  Depending on who ends up going and who you may have to ride back south with......I may ride west from the northern end to go back home and make the event into a large "loop".

And.....my goal it clean up my garage is moving forward.  I completed the shelves in the front part of the garage, and it is time to start getting stuff off the floor and onto the shelves.

« Last Edit: 01/02/19 at 09:44:55 by Dave »  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 01/02/19 at 23:25:11

The fans look to be located in a bit of an inconvenient spot.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 01/03/19 at 03:13:49

The ceiling fans were installed before I ever decided to build shelves - however they still are a couple of feet from the edge of the blades and aren't a problem as long as you don't have them running while you use the ladder to get things on/off the shelve.

The upper shelve is for things that are in storage and not used often.  Things like Camping gear, car ramps.....my unicycle! Wink

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #22 - 01/03/19 at 07:30:19

Dave , Are those Vic Morrow ceiling fans ? The low hanging model  Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 01/03/19 at 08:45:47

Ruttly wrote on 01/03/19 at 07:30:19:
Dave , Are those Vic Morrow ceiling fans ? The low hanging model  Grin Grin

I have been nominated for a membership in the local "Rotary Club"!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 01/03/19 at 08:47:51

.my unicycle

Yeah, why not balance on a single point of contact,,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #25 - 01/03/19 at 08:56:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/03/19 at 08:47:51:
my unicycle

Yeah, why not balance on a single point of contact,,,

The goal is a single point of contact......sometimes I have multiple contact points and bruises! Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 01/04/19 at 13:18:11

I've noticed how easy it is to balance once I'm flat on the ground..

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #27 - 01/04/19 at 14:58:12

That flat tire really helps

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 01/04/19 at 15:11:48

MMRanch wrote on 12/31/18 at 08:14:10:
So , for the new year :

I'm getting at least one of the "Big things checked off bucket list" checked off .    Don't know which one yet  Roll Eyes .

The list contains :
Bottom to Top on the Blue Ridge
Bear Tooth Pass and Yellow Stone / Black Hills Ridding
Go see Versey in his Natural Environment
Surgis SD.  in August .

Anybody else share any of these items ?

Is it time to make out the group ride list for this year?

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 01/05/19 at 15:15:23

Versey ,

Your usually organized good  ,  where you want to go this year ?

I like having ya'll over at my house , but I know its a long way for some of you fellers .    
also
I've got a renter (young man) in the rock house now , so I'm not sure how accommodations would work out.   Four recliners in the living room and one spare bedroom  or  a tent w/cots on the carport/yard is how it looks now.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:42:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › What's your New Years Resolution ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.