Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So much for staying focused (Read 88 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
So much for staying focused
11/29/18 at 12:49:03

Well seems like riding & driving are even harder now due to my heart meds. I remember paying for drugs to feel this way but now everything is fuzzy and the mind wanders. So hard to concentrate, not sure if it's cause I'm happy to be alive and I want to look at everything but its really hard riding. Find myself not staying focused , a very dangerous condition in traffic ! I'm fine on back roads with little or no traffic , I don't dare get on the highway. Hope my body gets used to these meds cause I'll be taking them for at least a year. Getting old sucks !!!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
GOF

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Buffalo, NY
Re: So much for staying focused
Reply #1 - 11/29/18 at 13:44:40

Have you talked to your doctor about it? They may need to adjust things.

1988 Suzuki Savage
1987 Yamaha TW200
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/29/18 at 14:39:24

Buddy, as I turn 66 first of the year, I have found I too have diminished traits, on many things I use to take for granted.

Your mind is a powerful organ, it needs to be exercised, daily.

Too many things, like addictions to a "boob-tube" only hasten the decline and inability for out collective thinking, and problem solving, mental abilities....

Like a muscle, you need to work your brain as well.
Even with meds, you can, in a sense, "re-program" the way you do "think"
Find a good book on this technique, of engaging yourself to a new understanding.....

We are NEVER too old to learn, its sort of like learning a new language.
Sure, folks can repeat and regurgitate it, sorta like political talking points...lol.
But if you really put forth the effort to learn a new language, you can even begin to think, rationalize, cipher, in that new language as your "thoughts."    

Good luck, I will keep you in my prayers!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 11/29/18 at 15:19:27

Doc says as long as my blood pressure and heart rate is good I just have to deal with it for at least a year then if everything is good he will drop 2 of my 5 meds , 2 of the 3 I was already taking before the heart attack. So I hope all goes well. I quit smoking & correcting my diet & already lost 11 lbs in 7 weeks. Just need to get out and walk more & ride the bicycle. I just hate that fuzzy feeling. My brain and wit are good , teaching myself to play guitar keeps my pea sized brain very active and seem to enjoy reading again , ooh edjamacation !  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #4 - 11/29/18 at 15:50:10

Ruttly wrote on 11/29/18 at 12:49:03:
Getting old sucks !!!

It beats the alternative ...  Cool
I'm sneaking up on 75.  Keep the faith !

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 11/29/18 at 16:17:26

Agreed, above ground is a great place to be !  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 11/29/18 at 16:23:51

Ruttly wrote on 11/29/18 at 16:17:26:
Agreed, above ground is a great place to be !  Grin

Yeah, IF..... you reach it, just be careful that you don't think you know everything, like Papa does  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #7 - 11/29/18 at 20:10:21

Ray , My fuzzy feeling in my head is my meds. I've been a mechanic for 30 years , problem solving and trouble shooting is a everyday thing. A year ago they moved me to the other shop to install computer systems in 220 vehicles/equipment that tracks shipping containers , a whole new learning curve. Project should be done in another 1 1/2 years. And all my overtime is spent as a mechanic so a idle brain is not in my DNA. Not to mention all my private projects , building motorcycles,electric guitars and newest project a 55 Ford F100 pickup. For a simpleton I'm a very complex & busy guy. But all prayers are welcome and highly appreciated !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 11/29/18 at 20:17:51

Papa Bear that Hogs for Hospice sounds like a great event and one hell of a lot Fun !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 11/29/18 at 20:53:36

Ruttly

Last spring my Dr. changed my meds around and I was Swimmy headed for two weeks !  

I hope your adjustment period is short .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 11/29/18 at 21:17:38

Yeah me too. Winter setting in here in CA , so it ain't like I'm missing out on much riding time. Maybe I won't be such a waterhead when spring rolls around.  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 11/30/18 at 08:16:57

Ruttly wrote on 11/29/18 at 20:10:21:
Ray , My fuzzy feeling in my head is my meds. I've been a mechanic for 30 years , problem solving and trouble shooting is a everyday thing. A year ago they moved me to the other shop to install computer systems in 220 vehicles/equipment that tracks shipping containers , a whole new learning curve. Project should be done in another 1 1/2 years. And all my overtime is spent as a mechanic so a idle brain is not in my DNA. Not to mention all my private projects , building motorcycles,electric guitars and newest project a 55 Ford F100 pickup. For a simpleton I'm a very complex & busy guy. But all prayers are welcome and highly appreciated !

Oh, sorry, I am such a drama queen, and your whining roped me in  Grin
Glad you are still just an old pregnant dog'n crotchety old fart....still  Kiss

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #12 - 12/08/18 at 00:00:03

at 74/75, gettin' so i prefer modding my bikes and just riding 1-2 days a week.  Buy another old bike and get it ready to sell in spring! Cheers! Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:43:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › So much for staying focused

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.