Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dawg ... what's up with Boeing ?? (Read 52 times)
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Dawg ... what's up with Boeing ??
11/16/18 at 12:30:40

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Dawg ... what's up with Boeing ??
Reply #1 - 11/16/18 at 13:36:17

Hey Papa....

Already spoke to it here: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1542300206

Suffice to say, the very same, er, leadership who flew the MD80 into the ground with a KNOWN jackscrew defect, THUS bankrupting the company....
Are using that same stellar leadership model to continue crashing another aircraft manufacturing company.

Folks, knowing how Airbus is built, and Boeing, and both racing each to the bottom,  trying to compete with the upstarts, in the global industry, as more regional corporations are deciding to build, and provide, their OWN aircraft....
Well, maybe trains and boats deserve a second look on those travel needs.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Reply #2 - 11/17/18 at 06:13:11

Thanks, Ray.  I think it's time to dump my Boeing stock .... Sad

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 11/17/18 at 09:08:37

I sold mine.....
I believe my pension from them could be in jeopardy.....
Not sure how that works, I think the money is held in a separate fund that can not be raided by the company....
And that makes them mad, it’s in the billions, cash, they put there....
They can’t use it, or borrow against it, but they no longer contribute to it, as the rank and file voted OUT the pension a few years back for 15,000 dollar cash payout, and a 3% increase in gross match to their VIP/IRA....
STUPID kids, clueless....
Papa, with all the “stuff” going on here in Washington, your typical behind the scenes wrangling with politicians, etc....
Leave me to believe the company will soon be offered for sale.
Also, I believe the company “name” will be bought, however, the grounds themselves will not be forwarded to the new owners, but.....
Acquired by the STATE to expand SeaTac, as it already is maxed out, moving ALL the cargo flights to this location, which has already been green lighted for commercial traffic.
Factor in the next 20 years of trade expansion WILL be in Asia, making this area of the states what New York was to Europe.
The existing infrastructure will house millions of square foot cargo, INDOORS, as well as loading/unloading, indoors, and maintenance too!
It has rail, and a deep water port much closer to the open ocean than Olympia and Tacoma.

These pencil neck geeks who run Boeing now, will get a final
Bonus that will stagger onlookers...

In the end, it will be a BIG win for the area, as revenue and jobs will greatly increase, for now Boeing itself gets way too many tax breaks, etc,
And like I shared earlier about the aircraft industry, it is greatly changing as technology, etc, allow more access, to more entities, into what was once a very limited and dominant market.
There will be however, a very strained time for the existing GIANTS, much like we saw when Detroit lost its grip on a product that revolutionized the world......
But hey, that is life, and it waits for no one.
Papa, I know we is too old to see it futition, but look at those “blockchain” developments....
I just look at it and see Ray Bradbury, all over them.....  Smiley

Be well my friend!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Reply #4 - 11/18/18 at 08:20:03

Too big to fail.....

In my next life I may opt to be a "desert father".

You be well as well  Wink

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 08:32:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dawg ... what's up with Boeing ??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.