migrant caravan (Read 151 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: migrant caravan
Reply #30 - 10/26/18 at 09:32:31

WebsterMark wrote on 10/26/18 at 09:30:41:
I was talking about ground support for the hurricane victims...

As someone who wets his pants whenever Trump says anything ambiguous, you'd think you'd be a bit more clear.....

Again, it shows you have no capacity for context.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 10/26/18 at 09:32:33

No, that's not at all what I mean.  How can you not understand that??  I'm talking about ground support for the hurricane victims a definition of nationalism that doesn't include the false association with racism.

See how that works...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 10/26/18 at 09:33:56

WebsterMark wrote on 10/26/18 at 09:32:33:
No, that's not at all what I mean.  How can you not understand that??  I'm talking about ground support for the hurricane victims a definition of nationalism that doesn't include the false association with racism.

See how that works...

Yeah, but too bad the definition of nationalism isn't flexible.

He's just an idiot.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 10/26/18 at 09:52:14

He's just an idiot

It absolutely is flexible. I know exactly what he meant and so do you.

And ironic that you are arguing about the definition of nationalism when historical definitions do not include racism. That's a leftist invention. You've added a meaning to it because it suits you. When Obama was talking about the need for immigration control, using the exact same phrases Trump uses, he was being nationalistic. You simply removed your additional aspect of racism to what Obama was saying.

“We are a generous and welcoming people here in the United States,” “But those who enter the country illegally and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law.”

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants into this country.”

Definition below.
na·tion·al·ism.

[ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm]

NOUN
identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

"their nationalism is tempered by a desire to join the European Union"

•advocacy of or support for the political independence of a particular nation or people.

But it's Friday and I'm done working for the day. You've already given me my laugh with the idea Trump should have stopped the hurricanes with a wave of his hand. Maybe a wave of his hair would have done it.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 10/26/18 at 10:34:05

Web, your post about how we perceive and interpret words, their meaning,
Can be subjective too, even with your exampling using the dictionary.....
Folks will disregard that fact, truth, of accepted use, and opt out and use their own interpretations, hoping to justify their own wants, need, and actions....
Absolving themselves, allowing them to live in denial, for the truth scares them.

Using what I just shared, maybe, it’s just possible, the folks on the right “interpreted” the “giant blue wave” as a prediction of destruction to their conservative beliefs, ideas, way of living, etc....
When in fact these media journalists at CNN, etc, were forecasting how many, many liberals will feel, after the votes are tallied, and just like how we witnessed the libs after Trump was declared the WINNER, their thinking and lives turned down the roads leading to depression, loath, and fear....

Well.....what do you think?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 10/26/18 at 10:40:58

WebsterMark wrote on 10/26/18 at 09:52:14:

He's just an idiot

It absolutely is flexible. I know exactly what he meant and so do you.

No, I don't.  He's a moron that talks and never thinks.

And ironic that you are arguing about the definition of nationalism when historical definitions do not include racism.

That's another thing - when/where did I ever equate the two?

That's a leftist invention. You've added a meaning to it because it suits you. When Obama was talking about the need for immigration control, using the exact same phrases Trump uses, he was being nationalistic. You simply removed your additional aspect of racism to what Obama was saying.

You have no idea what I said about immigration under Obama - I wasn't anywhere near this forum then.

Stop trying to dictate your beliefs onto me.  You simply don't know me mark - and you never will.

“We are a generous and welcoming people here in the United States,” “But those who enter the country illegally and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law.”

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants into this country.”

I have no problem with that.  Now you show me where I disagree with it...

Definition below.
na·tion·al·ism.

[ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm]

NOUN
identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

"their nationalism is tempered by a desire to join the European Union"

•advocacy of or support for the political independence of a particular nation or people.

But it's Friday and I'm done working for the day. You've already given me my laugh with the idea Trump should have stopped the hurricanes with a wave of his hand. Maybe a wave of his hair would have done it.....

Yeah, that's what I mean mark - that he could have stopped the hurricane.<<<sarcasm

Funny, I didn't take you for a willfully ignorant person...

My mistake.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 18:37:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › migrant caravan

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.