Covert? (Read 32 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Covert?
10/18/18 at 09:39:33

I just get this weird feeling about this guy....... David Brock.

I can see this guy as a very deep operative to some very powerful folks.
I remember him back then, a conservative Gay man, when the issue of homosexuality was really pushing its awareness into the social and media spheres....

I wonder if he isn't in reality a deep plant by the conservatives?

How is it the "liberalization" of America via the media, academia, politics, is losing, if its what people want?
From a high-water mark of Obama's election, OVER HILLARY, to a historical catastrophic first midterm.....
To the "out of no-where" election of Donald Trump?
That was NOT even on the radar screens!

Here is a snippet of the man.

October 18, 2018
Overview
Left-wing activist who was formerly a conservative journalist
President and CEO of Media Matters For America
Complains about the “undue influence” of the “right-wing media”
Founder of American Bridge 21st Century
Born in 1962, David Brock is an openly gay author, a former conservative turned leftist, and the founder of Media Matters For America, which monitors the media for evidence of “conservative misinformation.”

In the early 1980s Brock was a student at UC Berkeley, where he was active in conservative campus journalism. After graduating, he worked for a number of years at the Heritage Foundation, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Times.Through the first half of the 1990s, Brock was a muckraking investigative reporter for the conservative magazine The American Spectator. All told, on a contract that paid him $350,000, Brock produced just six articles for the Spectator; these focused on President Bill Clinton’s sexual farragoes and brought Brock much fame.

Brock achieved further public prominence with his 1993 book The Real Anita Hill, a follow-up to his identically titled March 1992 article in the Spectator. In that piece, Brock had described the accuser of Clarence Thomas as “a little bit nutty and a little bit slutty”; discredited her claims against Thomas; and exposed the left-wing smear campaign against the future Supreme Court Justice.Soon after the publication of The Real Anita Hill, Brock accepted a $550,000 advance from a conservative publisher (Free Press) to write an investigative biography of Hillary Clinton that was expected to expose the First Lady in the same sensational and salacious way his first book had discredited Anita Hill. An initial press run of 200,000 copies was announced for this projected bestseller.

But Brock failed to produce the book he had promised. When The Seduction of Hillary Rodham was released in October 1996, it was a pedestrian account of a well-intentioned liberal, misunderstood by the “mainstream media” and “seduced by the talented boy from the Arkansas backwoods.”Brock portrayed Mrs. Clinton in surprisingly sympathetic light: “Hillary had the ill-fortune to take power at a moment in history when much of the public had turned against the panacea of big government,” he explained. The author also took extraordinary pains to defend Mrs. Clinton against a host of charges. Of her suspicious success in commodities trading and her subsequent evasiveness on that subject, for instance, Brock contended that the criticisms were merely “lawyerly nit-picking.” Besides, he reasoned, “it might simply be said that politicians shade the truth all the time.”

Yet Brock’s effusive apologetics convinced virtually no one. Even The New York Times, hardly a citadel of anti-Clinton sentiment, scolded Brock for straining to absolve Mrs. Clinton from her involvement in the Whitewater scandal. As word of the book’s tepid contents spread, its sales plummeted.

In the June 1997 issue of Esquire magazine, Brock wrote “Confessions of a Right-Wing Hit Man,” in which he claimed that conservatives were now punishing him for his independence of thought in refusing to vilify Hillary Clinton.

Also in the mid- to late ’90s, Brock developed a close relationship with Neel Lattimore, Mrs. Clinton’s openly gay press secretary and close confidante. Brock’s affinity for Mrs. Clinton as well grew over time, and vice versa.Brock followed up his Esquire article with a March 1998 public letter of apology to Bill Clinton, in which he repudiated his (Brock’s) own past reporting on the former president’s private life. Brock also condemned the Arkansas state troopers who had been the sources for his 1994 “Troopergate” story on Clinton’s extra-marital affairs, now claiming that they had acted out of “greedy” and “slimy” motives—though he stopped short of calling their allegations untrue. He similarly denounced Clinton’s Arkansas critics as “segregationists” who “hated Clinton for his progressive record on race.”Notwithstanding Brock’s apology to the former president, the relevant facts of his reporting on “Troopergate” were corroborated by subsequent reports in the Los Angeles Times, But in no way did this faze Brock, who said: “Most journalists never admit they were wrong. The Los Angeles Times made many of the mistakes that I did.”

https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individuals/david-brock/

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Covert?
Reply #1 - 10/18/18 at 09:46:36

So this is where you go for your unbiased news?...
https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/

Ask JoG to teach you how to fold a foil hat... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 10/18/18 at 13:33:37

Serowbot wrote on 10/18/18 at 09:46:36:

Would those instructions on, 'How To',
also include the people that think anything, Slate, TYT, Politico, CNN, (and many, many more),
Is the absolute, Truth ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 10/18/18 at 14:34:41

Serowbot wrote on 10/18/18 at 09:46:36:

Oh, such a adult reply  Roll Eyes

You complain, yet......

I will offer you a chance, not that I really believe you will rise to the level of maturity you request in others, to explain yourself in a manner that doesn't deflect and obfuscate the issue at hand.

I just googled David Brock, looking for some of his past background, etc, and this was one of many that came up.
Does it, the fact I listed this site as a reference, change the historical fact to his past?
You can list how, and maybe enlighten, or just keep doing your drive bys, and complaining of others, your choice.

BTW, doing the same thing over and over again, then expecting different results, you know what that  is?  Undecided

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/21/18 at 08:58:34

a little bit nutty and a little bit slutty

How did I not manage to date her too?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 15:15:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Covert?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.