Stop And Think (Read 106 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Stop And Think
Reply #15 - 10/09/18 at 09:07:14

WebsterMark wrote on 10/09/18 at 06:49:23:
People have ideas of changing the 2nd Amendment, but it still looks the same to me.

That line of argument is beneath you. Of course the amendment remains the same. Are you telling me you're unaware of the slow creep of restrictions on gun ownership?

What slow creep?  Tell us all how the big bad government is coming to take all your guns away... Oh that's right, they're not.

Every state that passes an added layer of actions that must be taken prior to an abortion are doing that for the sole purpose to make it more difficult to obtain a constitutionally protected abortion. I know that, you know that. Laws that required an affiliated hospital physical on site at all times or ones that require an on site ambulance with full staff on only to make it so expensive to stay open, the clinic will close.

The same is true for gun laws. The plan is to make it difficult so as to lower ownership. That's an attack on the 2nd Amendment.

HA!!  Good one.  "Attack on the Second Amendment" - that's rich!

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #16 - 10/09/18 at 09:41:47

T And T Garage wrote on 10/09/18 at 09:07:14:
 What slow creep?  Tell us all how the big bad government is coming to take all your guns away... Oh that's right, they're not.

Can you elaborate on the Gun Laws in Chicago/Ill.
And show how the restrictions on gun ownership/use, that applies to all honest citizens, has reduced the crime rate in Chicago ?

Can you elaborate, on how the crime rate went down in FL, when they many years ago, allowed carry law/s.
And EVERY other State that did that.

Can you elaborate, on how Cities, with very, 'controlling' gun laws, have much higher crime rates, than those that don't.

(Oh That right, as far as Chicago goes, it's, 'Someones Else's Fault')

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/09/18 at 10:46:32

"The same is true for gun laws. The plan is to make it difficult so as to lower ownership. That's an attack on the 2nd Amendment. "

Yes.  When I stated:

"I haven't asked if its under attack, I asked what has changed."

I was intending to convey that I am aware that there is a perception that the Second Amendment is under attack and as such I was not attempting to ask or question if there is a perceived attack.  I was attempting to ask if structurally the Amendment has changed.

In this portion:

"To clarify I am asking specifically what portions of the 2nd Amendment have been changed or otherwise altered."

I mean to question if there are deviances in the structure or application of the Second Amendment as it appears historically in the Constitution than it does today.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 10/09/18 at 10:50:06

Whether there has been change in the amendment or not, it's obvious that a faction in the government
Wants to take the guns.

Or
Mr.and Mrs.America, turn them all in

Wouldn't be a quote.

Look it up.
Read the context.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 10/09/18 at 10:58:28

...or application of the Second Amendment as it appears historically in the Constitution than it does today.  

Does a bear crap in the woods?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 10/09/18 at 12:12:41

MnSpring wrote on 10/09/18 at 09:41:47:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/09/18 at 09:07:14:

Can you elaborate on the Gun Laws in Chicago/Ill.
And show how the restrictions on gun ownership/use, that applies to all honest citizens, has reduced the crime rate in Chicago ?

Nope.  I've already explained it to you.  Not my fault you didn't learn.  Suffice it to say mn, you think laws stop bad guys?  Ha!

Can you elaborate, on how the crime rate went down in FL, when they many years ago, allowed carry law/s.
And EVERY other State that did that.

Can you elaborate, on how Cities, with very, 'controlling' gun laws, have much higher crime rates, than those that don't.

You better be careful - Eegore's gonna rip you a new one.  He's the stat hawk, and I'll bet you don't have any..

(Oh That right, as far as Chicago goes, it's, 'Someones Else's Fault')

Nope, it's our fault.  But we're just not as bad as most other big cities.  St. Louis for example...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/09/18 at 13:16:08

Nope, it's our fault.  But we're just not as bad as most other big cities.  St. Louis for example...

True. Proportionally, at least last year if I recall, St Louis and Baltimore were neck and neck for murder capital.  Our inner cities are, as Trump correctly pointed out, aren't much better than the $hitholes like Hatti.  Like most major US cities, we've been run by Democrats for generations.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 10/09/18 at 14:24:51

Like most failing major US cities, we've been run by Democrats for generations.

There, FIFY

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 10/09/18 at 14:28:34

WebsterMark wrote on 10/09/18 at 13:16:08:

True. Proportionally, at least last year if I recall, St Louis and Baltimore were neck and neck for murder capital.  Our inner cities are, as Trump correctly pointed out, aren't much better than the $hitholes like Hatti.  Like most major US cities, we've been run by Democrats for generations.

Yeah, it's got nothing to do with poverty, or lack of opportunity or anything...  <<< sarcasm

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 10/09/18 at 14:29:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/09/18 at 14:24:51:
Like most failing major US cities, we've been run by Democrats for generations.

There, FIFY

"FIFY"?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 10/09/18 at 14:31:08

Yeah, FIFY..
LOOK IT UP.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 10/09/18 at 14:36:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/09/18 at 14:31:08:
Yeah, FIFY..
LOOK IT UP.

Oh, cool.  Fixed it for you.

My, you know all the lingo, huh jog?

Cheesy

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 10/09/18 at 14:38:59

eah, it's got nothing to do with poverty, or lack of opportunity or anything...  <<< sarcasm

Points I made long before you.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 10/09/18 at 14:42:43

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/09/18 at 14:38:59:
eah, it's got nothing to do with poverty, or lack of opportunity or anything...  <<< sarcasm

Points I made long before you.

Hey, good for you jog!  What an accomplishment!  You realize then it's not about party, but about poverty, lack of opportunity and, let's face it, race.

It's about time you have a cogent post - good on you!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 17:53:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Stop And Think

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.