Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Proving your point...... (Read 489 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Proving your point......
10/05/18 at 09:06:54

I'm guessing here, however, at my ripe old age of 65, I think I can safely make the assumption if you have to resort to such, instead of presenting your POV and beliefs coherently, and in a manner that wins over converts, then......
Then you really have deeper seated issues, that are being marketed under another issue, looking for affirmation, belonging, camaraderie, acceptance, and its just a avenue you believe to attain it.
I dare say, its not.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hairstylist-seen-in-video-kicking-pro-life-demo...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Proving your point......
Reply #1 - 10/05/18 at 09:53:46

It works both ways.  Near me 3 people were killed at an abortion clinic by a pro-life extremist.  

https://www.prochoiceamerica.org/issue/anti-abortion-violence/

Coverage seems to lean more towards pro-choice victims from what I have seen.  I think a part of that is because pro-choice indicates more personal freedom where pro-life indicates less personal freedom.  

Violence is wrong both ways, I don't much care who the victim is, or if it ever ends up in the news.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 10/05/18 at 12:03:43

Quote:
pro-choice indicates more personal freedom where pro-life indicates less personal freedom.  

the prohibition against murder indicates less personal freedom also;  it restricts the personal freedom to just up and kill someone on account of you don't like them. Probably ought to get rid of that one too , huh?

There may be legitimate arguments on both sides of the abortion debate but "personal freedom" isn't one of them. It's just a red herring tossed out there to avoid talking about what the debate is really about.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/05/18 at 12:19:08

oldNslow wrote on 10/05/18 at 12:03:43:
Quote:
pro-choice indicates more personal freedom where pro-life indicates less personal freedom.  

the prohibition against murder indicates less personal freedom also;  it restricts the personal freedom to just up and kill someone on account of you don't like them. Probably ought to get rid of that one too , huh?

There may be legitimate arguments on both sides of the abortion debate but "personal freedom" isn't one of them. It's just a red herring tossed out there to avoid talking about what the debate is really about.

If choosing what you do with your own body isn't a personal freedom, then what is?

You are not a woman I take it?

What gives anyone the right to tell someone else what to do with their own body?

If Roe V. Wade was overturned and it was determined that life begins at conception, do we arrest moms who smoke and drink (without knowing for sometimes up to two months after conception) for child endangerment??

Slippery slope ahead....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 10/05/18 at 12:52:08

T And T Garage wrote on 10/05/18 at 12:19:08:

Is that a he or a she saying that ?

What gives anyone the right to tell someone else what to do with their own body?

WOW, ya mean I can sell a Kidney !!!!!!
Got two,  only need one.

Bless your Heart tt

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 10/05/18 at 12:56:20

Gawd don't you just love the argument that because you are NOT a woman you are disqualified from any input on the matter....
And you are told this by another MAN ( er, I think )  Grin

Oh, oh, since I ain't black, I can't tell you its wrong to have a slave, er, gotcha  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/05/18 at 12:56:34

MnSpring wrote on 10/05/18 at 12:52:08:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/05/18 at 12:19:08:

Is that a he or a she saying that ?

I'm a male.  A he, mn.  Does that answer your question?

WOW, ya mean I can sell a Kidney !!!!!!
Got two,  only need one.

Yes, actually you can if you want to.  Did you not know that?  You can cut off your hand and sell it if anyone would buy it.

Bless your Heart tt

Thanks mn - I see that you lack originality and are reverting to my salutation (lots of big words there mn, you better look them up).

Good for you.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
Cheesy

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/05/18 at 12:58:48

raydawg wrote on 10/05/18 at 12:56:20:
Gawd don't you just love the argument that because you are NOT a woman you are disqualified from any input on the matter....
And you are told this by another MAN ( er, I think )  Grin

Hey ray, try to pay attention.. My exact quote was - What gives anyone the right to tell someone else what to do with their own body?

I didn't specify men only on purpose.  You may want to brush up on your comprehension skills and slow down a bit.

Oh, oh, since I ain't black, I can't tell you its wrong to have a slave, er, gotcha  Grin

You keep stinking it up... you go ray!!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 10/05/18 at 13:10:41

OMG.......

a personal insult.

resist  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/05/18 at 13:14:07

raydawg wrote on 10/05/18 at 13:10:41:
OMG.......

a personal insult.

resist  Grin Grin Grin

Well ray, I must call them like I see them.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 10/05/18 at 13:50:30

T And T Garage wrote on 10/05/18 at 12:56:34:
Yes, actually you can if you want to.  Did you not know that?

Yep tt, you can take that gun you say you have, out of your safe, load it, open your door, and shoot the next person you see.
What, you did NOT know that !

Absolutely Incredible SPIN, on your answer.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 10/05/18 at 13:57:00

Quote:
If ... it was determined that life begins at conception..

So, apparently you do understand what the fundamental question is, and that it really has nothing to do with "personal freedom" ?

Quote:

I was born a male, and have lived my life as one, but as I understand things  now, I don't necessarily have to be one right now, or tomorrow, or some other time that I'd rather be a  woman,or something else even. Perhaps a tree? Or a chipmunk. And don't you dare tell me I'm not whatever I say I am. "Personal freedom" dontcha know?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/05/18 at 14:31:22

MnSpring wrote on 10/05/18 at 13:50:30:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/05/18 at 12:56:34:
Yes, actually you can if you want to.  Did you not know that?

Yep tt, you can take that gun you say you have, out of your safe, load it, open your door, and shoot the next person you see.
What, you did NOT know that !

No mn, you can't.  One is self mutilation, the other is murder.  Surely you can't be that foolish to confuse the two, can you?

Absolutely Incredible SPIN, on your answer.

You asked a silly question, I gave you an actual answer.  What you do with information is your own.  But if you're going to sell your own kidney, I suggest you get a friend to cut it out of you - they would have a better viewing angle than you could on your own.
Cheesy

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/05/18 at 14:38:41

oldNslow wrote on 10/05/18 at 13:57:00:
Quote:
If ... it was determined that life begins at conception..

So, apparently you do understand what the fundamental question is, and that it really has nothing to do with "personal freedom" ?

Actually old, it has everything to do with personal freedom.  It is not anyone's body except the woman's.  

What if "the powers that be" came out and said that sperm represented life and that "discharging" outside of intercourse was illegal and "ended potential life"?  Millions of boys and their socks would be arrested!!  Cheesy

Silly proposition I know, but no more silly than trying to equate conception with life.

Quote:

I was born a male, and have lived my life as one, but as I understand things  now, I don't necessarily have to be one right now, or tomorrow, or some other time that I'd rather be a  woman,or something else even. Perhaps a tree? Or a chipmunk. And don't you dare tell me I'm not whatever I say I am. "Personal freedom" dontcha know?

Yeah, use an extreme example to belittle those who are different than you...

I don't know about you, but I never had a choice in my sexuality.  Therefore, I assume that nobody else did either.

I simply don't care how someone identifies themselves.  It doesn't change who I am.  I don't feel threatened enough to make fun of them.  

Give it a rest.  Live and let live.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #14 - 10/05/18 at 14:57:49

Give it a rest.  Live and let live.[/color] [/quote]

"Does that go for the unborn too?"

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 18:37:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Proving your point......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.