Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Fall has fallen!
09/27/18 at 08:44:17

The weather has taken a turn to the colder - I can see that it won't be long until the good riding days are done for 2018.  I was planning on riding the little Ninja to work tomorrow - but the forecast is for 47 degrees at 7 AM!

I have been doing less riding this year - only 1 group ride to GA and too much rain to allow a "normal" amount of riding.  Last year I was able to get out for a Saturday morning ride pretty regularly - this years I only got out 2 or 3 times.

I will squeeze in whatever I can.......I may send out an offer to meet down at KSL or Deals Gap to folks on this forum if a good weather weekend proves irresistible!

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Fall has fallen!
Reply #1 - 09/27/18 at 08:56:00

Yes, it was a chilly 69° this morning and may get down to 59° next week during a rain storm.
It's a rough life, but you knew the job was dangerous when you took it fred.

WWW   IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #2 - 09/27/18 at 09:21:20

I don't think I've ever felt as though I have gotten enough street riding during a season (April - November). Between free time and a lack of people to ride with, my bikes spend too much time in the garage.

When I was a kid (before I had a drivers license) my motorcycle(s) were my primary source of entertainment and transportation. We had an extensive trail system that connected the homes of all of my friends...and some lived miles away. In the winter they became snowmobile trails.  

Even as an adult, riding in the dirt seemed more accessible than street riding. In my 30's and 40's I'd come home from work and turn some hot laps on my home track or go for a leisurely ride on some local trails. But over time my kids and friends stopped riding and the local trails went away. I spent more time grooming my track than actually riding it. Tired of loading up the bike to ride on public trails, at age 48 I sold my last dirt bike (a perfect YZF262) and every year since I lament about my lack of seat time.

I use my FZ6 for transportation during the week, but I need to find a good group of local riders that go out for a regular Saturday morning ride where my cafe racer or street tracker fit in with the group.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 09/27/18 at 09:25:24

Hey, I just missed this post as I send you a PM.  I am definitely up for another KSL trip if we can make it work. Seems we all have a lot going on this year, but maybe the stars will align for us once more  Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 09/27/18 at 09:36:08

stewmills wrote on 09/27/18 at 09:25:24:
Hey, I just missed this post as I send you a PM.  I am definitely up for another KSL trip if we can make it work. Seems we all have a lot going on this year, but maybe the stars will align for us once more  Cool

I just put new Sport Demons on the little Ninja.....maybe it is time for our Ninja outing! Wink

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #5 - 09/29/18 at 22:17:47

Spring has sprung down here, and as a wise motorcyclist once said, "it's a lonely business".

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 09/30/18 at 22:17:08

my "Ninja  Roll Eyes" needs tires ,  I put the "down to the wear bars" Sports demon off the Guzzi on the rear , but I might have to buy a front one.   What time frame we looking at.   and is this a "Week-end" thing

Family stuff might bump me out , but  Undecided posibley  not ???

The GS is almost ready to put tags and insurance on !  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 10/01/18 at 04:27:18

It doesn't have to be a weekend event - but I suspect that Stew will only be able to do the weekend portion.

We could do an overlap event where Stew and I ride on the weekend, and you and I ride on the weekdays.  We can wait and watch the weather forecast and decide if we ride TH/FRI.....or MON/Tues.

If Stew doesn't come and it is just us two.....we could try the area in southern Kentucky and cut our "ride to" time down to just a few hours each way.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 10/01/18 at 08:23:47

[highlight]  .....we could try the area in southern Kentucky and cut our "ride to" time down to just a few hours each way.   [/highlight]

?

I'm physically fit.  

The new to us "empty nest" thing might have me in a delicate situation for the immediate  time period.  

Dave , you and Stew plan what you can do and I'll see if I can fit a day to join up .    The wife likes to spend a day with her mom at least once a week … add one day to it and I've got a two "get-a-way" days !   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 10/01/18 at 17:36:54

My herd of hummingbirds went from about twenty to around five in the last few days.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 10/01/18 at 19:33:55

Yep, its in the air.....

Took the boat out Saturday afternoon, its been rainy and cool since.

Some pixs of my wife, pups, and boat.

BTW Dave, how is your bride doing?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 10/02/18 at 04:02:19

MMRanch wrote on 10/01/18 at 08:23:47:
The new to us "empty nest" thing might have me in a delicate situation for the immediate  time period.  

What about "my" needs   (Need somebody to go ride with!) Wink

raydawg wrote on 10/01/18 at 19:33:55:

She is going a small bit better every day.  She still has numbness in her legs and lower torso, she is able to walk and do normal chores if she is careful to keep her balance......last night she helped me on the yard restoration at the driveway when she spread the seed and straw.  Her legs sometimes burn/tingle and make it hard for her to sleep, and her bladder requires frequent trips to the bathroom during the night.  She is in good spirits and looking forward to her full recovery - we are going camping from October 15 - 19th, and may try some easy hiking.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 10/02/18 at 05:43:58

Dave wrote on 10/02/18 at 04:02:19:
MMRanch wrote on 10/01/18 at 08:23:47:

What about "my" needs   (Need somebody to go ride with!) Wink

raydawg wrote on 10/01/18 at 19:33:55:

She is going a small bit better every day.  She still has numbness in her legs and lower torso, she is able to walk and do normal chores if she is careful to keep her balance......last night she helped me on the yard restoration at the driveway when she spread the seed and straw.  Her legs sometimes burn/tingle and make it hard for her to sleep, and her bladder requires frequent trips to the bathroom during the night.  She is in good spirits and looking forward to her full recovery - we are going camping from October 15 - 19th, and may try some easy hiking.

I am glad she is keeping her spirit about her.
So very important to the process of healing.
Not only for her, but for us that watch on.
The faith a person exhibits, who believe in the Word and its final outcome, is one of the strongest, AND, most accessible testimony to the Truth in our daily lives....

Blessings and prayers, Thank You.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 10/02/18 at 21:45:19

Dave ,

After the 9th , Anders will be in Texas --- then I'll see if Marcia is interested in taking a "Color Cruse" .  

There are two possible places :
1.  Boone Forest up in Kentucky
2.  CMAUSA Changing of the Colors in SW. Arkansas

She don't like crowds of people that she don't already know.   A motel in the Boone Forest and a truck ride to it is the most likely outing.   I can't say for sure yet.    Is Deb ridding yet ?   Marcia is only good for an hour at a time.

If you and Stew have a plan

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 10/03/18 at 04:11:24

MM:

Deb is riding for short rides.....we have taken the motorcycle for a few dinner dates when the weather allowed (September in this area had 2.5 times the normal amount of rain for the month).

Deb and I are going to Laurel Lake Resort Oct 15-19, we will be taking the dog with us....no motorcycle.

Let's keep an eye on the weather and our schedule....maybe a late October ride in the southern KY area is still a possibility - with or without the women!

Dave

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 17:16:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Fall has fallen!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.