raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
What is a right?
09/23/18 at 10:09:04

After reading this reply/post from a lib:

He's not being criminally tried in a court of law...
He's applying for a job...
The standard of proof is very different.
Evidence is not necessary...
Are the allegations credible?...
Does Kavenau's past behavior show a proclivity to commit such acts?...
...and,.. has he lied in his interview for this or any past job?...

This job ain't a right, it's a "Supreme" privilege...

It got me to wondering how you might define a right.
Who is entitled to it, a right, and based upon what?

Is it a right to demand healthcare for ALL, and ENROLLMENT for all, and premiums based on your ability to pay.....
Yet those who eat like a pig, can't work because of their life choices, smoke, drink and drug, because its THEIR RIGHT......
Have the RIGHT to FORCE me to pay for their choices in higher healthcare cost?

Why?

Do those who come here illegally have a RIGHT to a job, driver licence, financial assistance, etc, but fail to abide by our immigration laws?

Do the cities that choose to shelter and harbor these folks have a right to not uphold our federal laws?

Do I have a right to pick and choose which laws to adhere to, and which ones to ignore?

Can a person who is not physically qualified for a job, claim discrimination ?

What about lacking the education, degree, for certain jobs, why should that disqualify a person when we know education access is NOT fair and just, and available to all equally?

How about housing?

Anybody want to field any of these questions?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What is a right?
Reply #1 - 09/23/18 at 10:20:18

raydawg wrote on 09/23/18 at 10:09:04:
After reading this reply/post from a lib:

LOL - a "lib"?  Oh, yeah, you USED to be a democrat..   Grin Grin

He's not being criminally tried in a court of law...
He's applying for a job...
The standard of proof is very different.
Evidence is not necessary...
Are the allegations credible?...
Does Kavenau's past behavior show a proclivity to commit such acts?...
...and,.. has he lied in his interview for this or any past job?...

This job ain't a right, it's a "Supreme" privilege...

Is it a right to demand healthcare for ALL, and ENROLLMENT for all, and premiums based on your ability to pay.....

No, healthcare should be a right in this country - currently, it's not.

Yet those who eat like a pig, can't work because of their life choices, smoke, drink and drug, because its THEIR RIGHT......

Boo hoo - it's not perfect, but it seems to work just fine elsewhere in the world.

Why?

Because ray, people in this country routinely go bankrupt paying for thier healthcare.  Even more don't get the proper treatment they need because they can't afford it.  You're cool with that?

Do those who come here illegally have a RIGHT to a job, driver licence, financial assistance, etc, but fail to abide by our immigration laws?

No, they don't.

Do the cities that choose to shelter and harbor these folks have a right to not uphold our federal laws?

That would depend on the state.  State's rights and all that.

Do I have a right to pick and choose which laws to adhere to, and which ones to ignore?

No.  That's a stupid statement.

Can a person who is not physically qualified for a job, claim discrimination ?

No.  Thousands of people are denied every day because of physical and technical limitations.

What about lacking the education, degree, for certain jobs, why should that disqualify a person when we know education access is NOT fair and just, and available to all equally?

Well ray, if you can't figure that one out on your own, then you can't be taught.  I tell you what - go find a primary care doctor that never graduated med school, ok?   Grin

How about housing?

What about housing?  We as a country should do far more to help our homeless.  A great start would be vets.  No one, especially vets, should ever be homeless.

Anybody want to field any of these questions?

Fielded.  Now, you're free to ignore.
Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/23/18 at 10:33:09

Another pointless obfuscation shredded... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 09/23/18 at 10:52:01

Serowbot wrote on 09/23/18 at 10:33:09:

Oh, lets add to the list, is stupidity a right  Roll Eyes

Well, I guess I will just vote, like Obama said to do.
Ain't going to get nut'n but foolish answers when you engage with fools who can not think for themselves.
My bad.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 09/23/18 at 11:04:32

... add one personal attack...

I thought we decided to be adults?...

Try me again and this thread is gone.

- Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/23/18 at 11:06:29

raydawg wrote on 09/23/18 at 10:52:01:
Serowbot wrote on 09/23/18 at 10:33:09:

Oh, lets add to the list, is stupidity a right  Roll Eyes

How very witty ray.

Well, I guess I will just vote, like Obama said to do.

Well ray, THAT is a right.  You should vote.  It's the smartest thing you can do.

Ain't going to get nut'n but foolish answers when you engage with fools who can not think for themselves.
My bad.

Fools?  Well thanks.  You're not engaging me, therefore, I guess you don't consider me a fool.  I'm honored.  LOL

But good for you for taking the same tack I did with jog for so long.  Completely ignoring my posts.

Keep up the good work ray.  You don't really have a chance to stand your own ground anyway.  It's probably in your best interest to not respond.

Of course, I haven't mentioned 14 year old girls in a while - you're not able to make any highly inappropriate jokes....that's probably why you lost interest, right?... Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 09/23/18 at 11:25:45

Serowbot wrote on 09/23/18 at 11:04:32:

- Serow

You can do that from your bar stool......WOW, big tuff guy you are.
You gonna finish your smoke first?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/23/18 at 12:37:52

raydawg wrote on 09/23/18 at 11:25:45:
Serowbot wrote on 09/23/18 at 11:04:32:

- Serow

You can do that from your bar stool......WOW, big tuff guy you are.
You gonna finish your smoke first?

So ray, why the he!! do you post this:

"Anybody want to field any of these questions?"

And then respond like a child to Sero?
I guess you really are that petty and childish.  You're not doing anything to help your cause (whatever that is..)

I guess I should have known better than to expect anything resembling an adult exchange from you.  Lesson learned.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #8 - 09/24/18 at 00:53:16

@Serowbot,

Yep, it's all the same old same again isn't is. I've been keeping away from the  disgusting misogynistic, racist and frankly nasty sentiments that are continually expressed on these forums by a small handful of people who apparently support any conspiracy theory, any dumb as f.uck type of argument and every single cliché that one could care to name.

Strangely enough I was going to reply to your post in the other thread which was quoted in this thread by the OP, then I see this.

Let me address the ludicrous notion that the OP ponders where he truly is confused about what is a 'right'.

Well let me clear that up for those who have enough intelligence to understand this... a 'Right', is the obverse of 'Duty'.

Think about that for a minute. There are rights and there are duties. One persons 'right' is another person's 'duty' and if everyone did their duty, then no one would ever have to ask for or demand their rights.

Regarding the vetting of Kavanaugh, remember he shouldn't even be running as Merrick Garland should have been in the job already. However long after many senators and members of the house, have shuffled off this mortal coil, there'll be Kavanaugh still affecting the course of the majority of Americans who do not want to go where he wants to take them. This is a job for life and the biggest problem facing the world today is the lack of respect for women.

Do you want a prick like Kavanaugh, with his anti worker rhetoric anti abortion rhetoric, anti union rhetoric and his perverted pursuing of the most idiotic line of questioning to Clinton in the Starr Report, to be setting the course of America hot button issues for the next 40 f.ucking years!

@OPIs it a right to demand healthcare for ALL, and ENROLLMENT for all, and premiums based on your ability to pay.....

Healthcare for all, yes, should be a right. But it's ones duty to obey the law and pay taxes.

You are a little confused though in the second bit, no those who do not take care of themselves are not the ones with 'rights' in this case. They themselves are the ones who have the right to healthcare, and it's YOUR duty to pay for it, through your taxes. You just pay the taxes and the govt runs the country, It's not a matter of you decided exactly how your particular dollars are to be spent. You can see how you have no understanding at all about 'rights' or 'duties' all you have is two beedy little eyes peeping at the world through a fog of confusion.

In the same way should my insurance be increased just because drunk drivers go and injure people? Well that's just how the fu.cking world works.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/24/18 at 06:01:50

This is a job for life and the biggest problem facing the world today is the lack of respect for women.

Seriously? The biggest problem?

Do you want a prick like Kavanaugh, with his anti worker rhetoric anti abortion rhetoric, anti union rhetoric and his perverted pursuing of the most idiotic line of questioning to Clinton in the Starr Report, to be setting the course of America hot button issues for the next 40 f.ucking years!

Based upon your comments above, I would want anyone you do not want because I would assume that person to be sensible.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 09/24/18 at 06:05:50

I get the impression Eau if you were a woman and had gone to school with Kavanagh, you'd be the next one suddenly remember something from the past that ruined your life......

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 09/24/18 at 06:38:07

"Is it a right to demand healthcare for ALL, and ENROLLMENT for all, and premiums based on your ability to pay.....
Have the RIGHT to FORCE me to pay for their choices in higher healthcare cost?"

No.  This is also not happening.

"Do those who come here illegally have a RIGHT to a job, driver licence, financial assistance, etc, but fail to abide by our immigration laws?"

No.  This is not happening, it is not instituted as policy based off of rights.

"Do the cities that choose to shelter and harbor these folks have a right to not uphold our federal laws?"

No.  This is not happening, they are not instituting civil action based off of human rights, it is civil policy.

"Do I have a right to pick and choose which laws to adhere to, and which ones to ignore?"

No.  This is an obvious stretch to try to prove a point.

"Can a person who is not physically qualified for a job, claim discrimination ?"

No.

The solution is creating more consistent education practices, this would involve more government, not to allow a high school drop out to work air traffic control at Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport, to be fair.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 23:49:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What is a right?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.