raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Never mind.......
08/10/18 at 07:51:37

Back as you were......

An activist group is selling merchandise inspired by Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).

Color of Change, which claims to be the largest online racial justice organization in the United States, recently launched the #BeLikeMaxine campaign with the slogan “civility won’t save us.”

We should all be like #MaxineWaters, because civility won't save us. Take her fighting spirit wherever you go. Shop #BeLikeMaxine: http://bit.ly/ShopBeLikeMaxine

Limited edition tote bags, buttons and a T-shirt are available for sale at the Color of Change Facebook page.

So, in effect, its war.......gotcha.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Never mind.......
Reply #1 - 08/10/18 at 08:07:03

I think its more commerce than war in this case.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 08/10/18 at 08:55:23

Eegore wrote on 08/10/18 at 08:07:03:
 I think its more commerce than war in this case.

Which is even worse, if you think about it....
It’s not about repair, but profit.

Stop for a moment and consider the effects of campaigns.
Is the dialogue offered that which presents solutions, or more divide?
Does it join together, or separate, with the spoils going to the profiting media?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #3 - 08/10/18 at 13:48:41

Isn't profit what America is founded on?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/10/18 at 14:04:53

raydawg wrote on 08/10/18 at 07:51:37:
Back as you were......

An activist group is selling merchandise inspired by Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).

Color of Change, which claims to be the largest online racial justice organization in the United States, recently launched the #BeLikeMaxine campaign with the slogan “civility won’t save us.”

We should all be like #MaxineWaters, because civility won't save us. Take her fighting spirit wherever you go. Shop #BeLikeMaxine: http://bit.ly/ShopBeLikeMaxine

Limited edition tote bags, buttons and a T-shirt are available for sale at the Color of Change Facebook page.

So, in effect, its war.......gotcha.

In your mind maybe.  But this liberal is no fan of maxine...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 08/10/18 at 15:01:27

faffi wrote on 08/10/18 at 13:48:41:
Isn't profit what America is founded on?

Nope.....

It makes a great sound bite, but really won’t feed a flea.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/11/18 at 17:17:05

Faffi, do you labor for free?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #7 - 08/12/18 at 01:55:11

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/11/18 at 17:17:05:

Yes, but I do not go to work for free.

IMO, there is a massive difference between making a living and doing whatever it takes to make as much money as possible. Moral versus none.

Now, I am not saying that the American public lacks moral, but there seems to be a greater than normal tolerance for making money at all cost and to praise the billionaires, no matter how they became rich. I could be wrong, though, since I'm only a bloody foreigner.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 08/12/18 at 09:11:12

faffi wrote on 08/12/18 at 01:55:11:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/11/18 at 17:17:05:

Yes, but I do not go to work for free.

IMO, there is a massive difference between making a living and doing whatever it takes to make as much money as possible. Moral versus none.

Now, I am not saying that the American public lacks moral, but there seems to be a greater than normal tolerance for making money at all cost and to praise the billionaires, no matter how they became rich. I could be wrong, though, since I'm only a bloody foreigner.

Odd, Trump wants others in NATO, etc, to start paying their fair share, and folks cry foul.
Oh yeah, America has more money  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #9 - 08/12/18 at 11:11:30

Isn't that example going off on a tangent?

To me, seeming opening for asbestos production and encouraging coal production are just two examples of plenty money making now being more vital than morality and the future generations.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/12/18 at 11:20:12

I'll agree asbestos isn't something to mess with,
But coal is better than the environmental disaster of nuclear and the rush to immature technologies calling them sustainable is bullshit.
They are nasty for the environment and aren't nearly as productive as advertised. Read about the decay of solar panels in different environments and you'll have to hunt for the real value of those awful windmills.
Coal use doesn't have to be nasty. Scrubbers and other technologies clean up the exhaust.

I never have figured out why Clinton made mining the cleanest coal we know of illegal.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/12/18 at 11:41:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/12/18 at 11:20:12:
I'll agree asbestos isn't something to mess with,
But coal is better than the environmental disaster of nuclear and the rush to immature technologies calling them sustainable is bullshit.
They are nasty for the environment and aren't nearly as productive as advertised. Read about the decay of solar panels in different environments and you'll have to hunt for the real value of those awful windmills.
Coal use doesn't have to be nasty. Scrubbers and other technologies clean up the exhaust.

I never have figured out why Clinton made mining the cleanest coal we know of illegal.

I hate to break your bubble, but there is no such thing as mining "clean coal".  Coal is coal is coal.  The only thing that's "clean" is the technology that scrubs it.

« Last Edit: 08/12/18 at 16:14:17 by T And T Garage »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 08/12/18 at 17:04:42

Your ignorance and inherent dishonesty are on display, again.
You pretend I didn't use the comparative term of cleanest, comparing what Clinton outlawed to the most common coal types used.

For your edification.

Anthracite: Anthracite has the highest carbon content (86% to 97%). Rare in the U.S., it comprises only 0.2% of total coal production. All the anthracite mines in the U.S. are located in northeast Pennsylvania.

Seven Billion Tons of Anthracite Coal. In 2013 the United States used less than 1 million tons of coal. So, the Anthracite at Grand Stairway Escalante was enough to last this country almost 7,000 years!!!  Anthracite Coal, by the way, is virtually smoke and emission free. Pollution problem solved.

http://www.citizensgroup.us/utahs-clean-coal-rip-off-and-clintons-gift-to-com...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/12/18 at 18:27:46

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/12/18 at 17:04:42:
Your ignorance and inherent dishonesty are on display, again.
You pretend I didn't use the comparative term of cleanest, comparing what Clinton outlawed to the most common coal types used.

You: "I never have figured out why Clinton made mining the cleanest coal we know of illegal."

You made no distinction.  You actually thought that one coal is more "clean" than others.  I caught you and now you're squirming.

For your edification.

Anthracite: Anthracite has the highest carbon content (86% to 97%). Rare in the U.S., it comprises only 0.2% of total coal production. All the anthracite mines in the U.S. are located in northeast Pennsylvania.

Seven Billion Tons of Anthracite Coal. In 2013 the United States used less than 1 million tons of coal. So, the Anthracite at Grand Stairway Escalante was enough to last this country almost 7,000 years!!!  Anthracite Coal, by the way, is virtually smoke and emission free. Pollution problem solved.

http://www.citizensgroup.us/utahs-clean-coal-rip-off-and-clintons-gift-to-com...

There is no such thing as "clean coal".  Just because it has a higher carbon content means nothing.

Coal is coal is coal is coal.....

For your education:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/clean-coal.htm

http://insideenergy.org/2016/10/11/clean-coal-fact-or-fiction/

No matter what your orange messiah has said:

“There is a thing called clean coal. Coal will last for a thousand years in this country.”

What is clean coal?

There is no precise definition of clean coal. The coal industry’s main lobbying group claims the term was coined by Congress in the 1980s. It has since been popularized by the energy industry to describe a whole range of technologies, including carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS).

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 08/12/18 at 23:22:38

You don't remember that I was talking about this before Trump was a topic?
You're so unable to admit being wrong it's hilarious.
I don't care what you think. I know what you are.
You can read the article or not.
Keep pretending you're the one who is correct. It's your delusion and costs me nothing.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:34:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Never mind.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.